27.4.2 Patch Notes

so, after looking through the blog’s patch notes after the patch downloaded, there were a few things i noticed

first, there are changes to contaminated lasher and bronze dragonknight in the blog post, but those did not show up in the game client … i usually try to screenshot what pops up in the client to remember what to look at for dust, in this case it was useful for comparing to the patch notes … the lasher does show the “this card has changed” red text in the collection manager

also, why didn’t tony or mech warper show up in the client list of changes?

but the most important thing … where’s the odyn nerf?? so many good changes … some interesting … but how did odyn escape this? guess we’ll have to wait until it rotates to wild only to get this nerf =/

1 Like

Nerfs were too weak!! You’ll have to nerf the cards again!! I tested discard in wild mode and it’s still very strong! In the standard playing as a mage, I fell against a warrior, and after the nerfs it doesn’t make any difference, he did 24 damage to my face without the weapon! You’re going to have to fire these guys who did these nerfs to interns!! NOTHING HAS CHANGED!! Can anyone with more experience tell me why they nerfed murlocs shaman out of nowhere??

The nerv to symphony of sins is not well done imo. It makes movement of pride completely useless because not only is there a randomness factor in even getting it, now the result is random too because no one will build their deck around it. In wild, Renolock is essentially dead after this nerv (i already tested it in high legend in EU)

An alternative would be to have movement of pride still draw your highest cost minion, but set its cost to 6 and its stats to 6/6. This way, it could still draw sargeras, but the discount is halved and if you draw sargeras this way, it is much easier to kill for your opponent. Also, if you coin into symphony on turn 4, you can’t play sargeras on turn 5.

Right now, symphony feels almost worse than when it was 6 mana because the chance of hitting a useless movement for your current situation is much higher now.

2 Likes

OMG man… you have too much free time or addicted… get a life or you will be dead before notice…

There was no reason at all to nerf shadow essence and make it a 7 cost card, it was already expencieve being a 6 cost one.
What was the point? now you ruined all the few decks that had that and make priest even more boring.

I honestly do not understand what’s going on with the developers, but just know that on a human side you REALLY REALLY ruined the game for me. And you0re making it worse and worse by every time.
I’m not playing any more my morning matches. Might be a goodbye forever.

1 Like

Honestly there’s been a lot of changes, not all approved, but to be honest as a player who played since classic, and also gotten one of their decks nerfed as well, these seem like very fair patch notes.

I won’t say every one was great haha, i still remember the horrors of nagalock and seedlock v1.

(Anyone complaining about modern balance. Have you forgotten the 80% wr decks of yore LITERALLY having people buy targeted ads for the blizzard building, getting ready for 100 days to petition for nagalock nerfs after like months of it lmao?)

That was literally the worst balance i’ve seen lmao, in a cheeky kinda way.

These are pretty fair, i don’t see much wrong with them, (though perhaps maybe that’s due to seeing a lot worse before, haha.)

The changes are meant to make the gameplay experience more fun and diverse, i got a deck i owned nerfed too. Im still cautious of Odyn warrior and a few wild decks. But hey, if you can’t beat them, but own 29/30 cards and need to operate on a f2p budget, might as well join em, right?

It’s not like f2p rolls in -10k dust a deck, on a +1.5k dust per 4 month economy. Rather than fight the river, i’ve been happy adapting around the flow.

My deck got 2 cards nerfed, but i already knew 38 of 30 potential cards i wanted to highly put in anyways. I’ve been playing with the deck i initially hated fighting against that played 24/24 or 28/28 vancleefs on like turn 4… and mind controlled/board cleared like 4 times.

It’s actually very hard to pilot, and a challenge to play but also i can see how it’s a headache to play against, and there’s so much mind control lol… Still not sure if i like it, but hey. Dustwise gotta play it, or i think i’ve found a working tech to turn it into a 2/2 in my other deck, so that works.

Still kinda am unsure if we should have hearthstone decks aiming to play 20 cards a turn for 0 mana, draw for free, or draw 4-7 cards for 1-2 mana like secret passage + gear shift. But hey, beggars can’t be choosers and already had passage so… guess i have to commit to something for the ladder lol.

Standard changes look good and fair. Many people complain about their decks being nerfed, but nearly every single deck got something. Most of the nerfs were things people asked for last week

I mean… sometimes ow2 blizz balance isn’t the best… but people in hearthstone are literally complaining about nerfs they asked for a week ago… and buffs to decks they asked for a week ago… (like Odyn warrior/blood dk). :person_shrugging:

Changes seem fair, i would probably continue to monitor odyn warrior. I don’t mind the turn taking strategy. I think it can keep the meta fun and diverse to take turns.

But it really can get quite absurd how you can deal like 80 dmg to them… and then still run out of damage/minions or just never be able to handle the onslaught as they gain 120 armor for every 80 dmg you do…

I don’t think warrior’s armor rates were ever balanced around Odyn being able to turn it into a win condition in wild/standard… But it clearly does seem like a razor’s margin + premium removal thing. I don’t mind it adjusted to being a viable deck… But i do wish the armor + removal wasn’t quite so able to exhaust you so easily. It can feel like trying to break through a jawbreaker with a paintbrush. The whole armor gain thing feels like a knife’s margin. Too little and it just kinda dies before it gets there. Too much and even if they don’t draw Odyn… You’re trying to defeat a person with 120 armor while your deck was never designed to go past 80…

I think it’d still be interesting if it went for a minion with armor generating focus, with a cap on how much armor it could create. But the whole deck full of removal + 200 armor is kinda… er… maybe we shouldn’t keep that as the successful version of odyn warrior.

Closing
Fair patch notes! Although i got nerfed too but most seem fair. The patch notes seem good, they listen to what people asked for, (even if i got hit myself.)
o I do feel like some parts should still be monitored, like Odyn warrior was a deck we asked to exist, no problems! But… Maybe i don’t mind it being successful… But do we really need SOOO much armor?
o A deck that just armors every turn to 40-120 armor and removes your board and plays few (if any) minions… Just… isn’t a iteration too fun/exciting to play a lot against currently. Thanks for trying it though.

• Perhaps a iteration could be tried, less 100++ armor, but more strength in minions who gain/use armor as a resource, etc? Shifting power away from a brick wall of stall, into still viable but more fun/exciting gameplay playing against?

Here are the blizzard nerfs, 100% useless nerfs. The hunt still does too much damage.

Sh.itty company.

then complete it …after the patch on traditional HS :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ive looked and looked and I cannot find the answer to what the anomaly titled “Golganneth’s Tempest” actually is. It shows in the patch notes that a bunch of heroes are banned from being in it tho. But nowhere can I find anything about that anomaly. nor can I find anything but the Titan card itself and it;s disciple card.

Someone wanna clue me into what I cant find?

Hello there, duels player here. Now I know this is not a main game mode but I can’t seem to have fun in the game for a few years except while playing duels.

I understand the rogue quest ban but have you seen the interaction between elixir of vigor and those 2 stupid mechs?

What is going on with the balance there? Is there anyone working to balance specifically for duels? I can certainly do that with ease so if you have a job opening let me know xD

1 Like

When we buffed Warrior in our last balance patch, we did so knowing that they’d get more powerful tools in the Mini-Set, but we wanted to make sure that the deck hit, so we erred on the side of over-buffing it, knowing that we’d have the option to make a small correction back down if we needed. Now that the Mini-Set has landed, Warrior is looking like one of the most standout classes, so we’re making those adjustments.

LOL… and those adjustments have done nothing to slow Warrior down. I’ve played 5 standard games today and 4 of my opponents have been Warrior (which I’ve lost to each time). :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This game is garbage, you play a control deck and the aggro decks humiliate you, complete rubbish.

A sh.itty company with sh.itty games.

4 Likes

they don’t care, they got whales to back them up.

They’re too busy calculating your next financial punishment to care about your pleas, because they know you’re trapped and have no choice but to pay, and they don’t care about what you all want.

1 Like

Nice balance changes for wild. Too bad you guys did nothing about the insane number of bots.

2 Likes

Hi I can’t play hearthstone because it’s not updated but I have the latest updated version from App Store

2 Likes

People like you are why I hate posting on forums, but that’s what I’m told to do when I open a ticket. I’m paralyzed from the neck down so games are the only way to interact with others on a level playing field without my paralysis getting in the way. I hope you become a better person one day.

2 Likes

I can understand it now, please excuse me. My mistake. I am just really pissed of for the unbalance the incompetent developers are keeping up. I would give you an advice to avoid such problems… don’t write it there how many hours you are playing a day… Everyone have problems, but we need to work hard to solve them. Thats how we can survive. By the way… How can you play if you are paralyzed from the neck down? Such people can’t even move their hands if I am not mistaken… :confused:

1 Like

a mercenaries is mode enigma

1 Like

By using adaptations designed to help people with disabilities.

3 Likes