26.0 Updated Free Decks for New and Returning Players

The decks awarded to new and returning players have been updated with the Festival of Legends! Returning players who have been away for 90 or more days are eligible for a free deck just for logging in. Returning players can claim these returning decks each time they are eligible. New players are eligible for their free deck after completing the tutorial, the Starter Quest chain, graduating from the New Player Ranks (Ranks 40-1), and then returning to the main menu.

Players borrow all these decks for one week following their eligibility, so they can try them out before making their choice. There was a bug with the new/returning player decks period with Patch 26.0 where the decks were not available between the Patch date and the expansion launch date—players who would have been eligible for the loaner deck period during that time will instead start their one week loaner deck period with expansion launch. We apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience.

It’s possible players may not see their chosen deck in their deck lists if they do not have an open deck slot when they choose their free deck. The cards in the deck (aside from the Core Set cards) will still be added to their Collections. They can clear a deck slot and use the deck codes below to construct the decks.

Core cards are free to all players and are earned by leveling your account. Cards may be added to, or removed from, the free Core Set from time to time. Core Set cards are not a permanent part of players’ Collections.

Beasts of the Deep

Class: Hunter

Overwhelm your opponent with a combination of Wildseeds and big Beasts to create an unstoppable board!

2x (1) Batty Guest

2x (1) Tracking

2x (1) Trinket Tracker

2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear

2x (2) Frenzied Fangs

2x (2) Selective Breeder

2x (2) Spirit Poacher

2x (3) Harpoon Gun

2x (3) Wild Spirits

1x (4) Azsharan Saber

1x (4) Blademaster Okani

2x (4) School Teacher

1x (6) Defense Attorney Nathanos

1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused

2x (7) Faithful Companions

1x (7) Hydralodon

1x (7) Red Herring

1x (9) Insatiable Devourer

1x (9) King Krush

AAECAR8I4Z8Ex7IEwLkE57kExO0Eyu0E4O0EpO8EC+rpA6mfBIiyBJa3BIPIBLjjBMHjBMzkBNDkBKqkBa6kBQAA

Arcane Power!

Class: Mage

Overwhelm your opponent with Arcane magic! Add lots of Arcane Bolts to empower later with Manathirst!

2x (1) Arcane Wyrm

2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist

2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos

2x (2) Frozen Touch

2x (2) Magister’s Apprentice

2x (2) Prismatic Elemental

2x (2) Spellcoiler

1x (2) Vast Wisdom

2x (3) Arcsplitter

2x (3) Nerubian Vizier

2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum

2x (4) Cold Case

1x (4) Commander Sivara

1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian

1x (5) Vexallus

2x (6) Deathborne

AAECAf0EBovnA5egBKneBKaTBZCWBeKkBQyIsgTcuQTa0ATb3gT67ASCkwWEkwXFkwXKkwWqmAWrmAWimQUAAA==

A Legendary Invitation

Class: Paladin

The Countess is a bit picky with her party invites. With this deck full of Paladin cards, she just might invite you…

2x (1) Righteous Protector

2x (1) Sanguine Soldier

2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef

1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin

2x (2) Class Action Lawyer

2x (2) For Quel’Thalas!

2x (2) Order in the Court

2x (2) Seafloor Savior

2x (3) Muckborn Servant

2x (3) Seal of Blood

2x (3) Warhorse Trainer

2x (4) Stand Against Darkness

1x (4) Truesilver Champion

1x (5) The Purator

1x (6) Blood Crusader

1x (7) The Countess

1x (7) The Leviathan

2x (9) Lightray

AAECAZ8FBp2fBLCyBIbiBISWBbuXBYWlBQzHoATJoATKoATi0wTa2QSA4gS/4gTA4gTy7QSrkwWBlgWDlgUAAA==

Jackpot!

Class: Rogue

Generate random cards to try to hit the jackpot! Tess Greymane and Contraband Stash let you double down on powerful cards you get.

2x (0) Preparation

2x (0) Ransack

1x (0) Shadow of Demise

2x (0) Shadowstep

2x (1) Gone Fishin’

2x (1) Swashburglar

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

2x (2) Eviscerate

2x (2) Jackpot!

2x (2) Potion Belt

1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide

2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike

2x (2) Sketchy Stranger

2x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar

2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster

1x (5) Queen Azshara

1x (6) Crabatoa

1x (7) Tess Greymane

AAECAaIHBti2BNu5BMygBeigBYukBeKkBQz2nwT3nwTuoAS3swTVtgT13QSS3wT58QTfoAXRowWMpAW9ngYAAA==

Impfused with Power

Class: Warlock

Swarm the board with Imps to power up your cards! Imp King Rafaam will resurrect and empower your Imps to close out the game.

2x (1) Flame Imp

2x (1) Flustered Librarian

2x (1) Voidwalker

2x (2) Drain Soul

2x (2) Impending Catastrophe

1x (2) Nofin’s Imp-ossible

2x (2) Vile Library

2x (3) Dragged Below

2x (3) Fiendish Circle

2x (3) Imp Gang Boss

2x (3) Sira’kess Cultist

2x (4) Mischievous Imp

2x (4) Murlocula

1x (5) Lady Darkvein

1x (5) Za’qul

2x (6) Abyssal Wave

1x (6) Imp King Rafaam

AAECAf0GBOa9BJvkBIfqBMOkBQ2EoATmoATnoAT+tATcvQTivQT50wT60wT/2QSA2gSB2gTL4gSr6gQAAA==

Embrace the Pain

Class: Warrior

No pain, no gain is the motto for this Warrior deck! Damage your own minions to empower them and overwhelm your opponent.

2x (1) Beaming Sidekick

2x (1) Dredger Staff

2x (1) Sanguine Depths

2x (1) Sunfury Champion

2x (2) Anima Extractor

2x (2) Crazed Wretch

2x (2) Crooked Cook

2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster

2x (2) Embers of Strength

1x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher

2x (3) Imbued Axe

2x (3) Weapons Expert

1x (4) Blademaster Okani

2x (4) Light of the Phoenix

1x (4) Thori’belore

1x (6) Decimator Olgra

1x (7) Nellie, the Great Thresher

1x (8) Grommash Hellscream

AAECAQcGi6AEx7IEjskEgdwEhaoFud0FDIygBJ7UBLzbBP/bBL7iBKXkBN3tBJzvBImDBc2SBY+VBZGjBQAA

1 Like

It’s my first time getting the free decks, but do they always come without cards from the latest expansion?

I was looking forward to trying out some decks, before deciding to stay or not, but these probably won’t be competitive without the new cards.

Hi, thanks for the update. When you say new player ranks, does that mean apprentice? Do I have to level up to apprentice one?

Yes, as far as I know.

By the way, looks like the predictions for the new decks were true.

If memory serves, as a new player, you’ve gotta complete apprenticeship or refuse it, forgoing other rewards for it, in order to be eligible. To be more specific, perhaps, you’ve gotta do a web search or even check some others videos about free decks for new/returning players on the channel linked above (there are also some suggestions about what to choose, so it could be helpful for you anyway) — I believe that blogger generally lists the criteria in detail there. I’m feeling a bit lazy do to it for you now :grinning: , but I hope these directions help you. Good luck!

1 Like

I suppose I could post this little update here:

Explains also the conditions to be eligible for this deck and such (I’m referring to the questions above).

Thank you for the guidance

what about return back to life Whizbang the Wonderfull at least for new or returning players? or may be do it playable in standart, core?

1 Like

Whizbang REALLY needs to be core. Its completely useless in wild, and even in standard it fails because the decks are never optimised and can’t be edited. After you find a Wizzbang deck you like, you need to get the cards anyway so you can optimise it.

Its a card for beginners, and for people who want to experiment with a few cards before crafting them.

Its also worth bearing in mind that the player can’t choose which deck to play, as you get a random deck every time. So you need to be familiar with all 22 decks to avoid losing winnable games. If you’re new to HS, this will cost you games, and will make laddering with Wizzbang pretty much impossible.

There is absolutely no reason to keep this card out of standard. Good players don’t need it, but its great for new players. And that is exactly the point of core cards.