21.6 Patch Notes

This evening I decided to check news about HearthStone and find something new about the game. I was surprised when I opened the page!!! I couldn’t believe!!! So many interesting things are waiting us in November: mini-set and new powerful characters, Diablo in duels and battlegrounds!!! Really want to try new cards and fight with new heroes!!!

2 Likes

Happy to see some duels stuff, but I certainly hope there’s more on the way. Particularly a new set of heroes/powers as promised at the introduction of duels. And of course, more balance updates.

3 Likes

at least they are removing the requeriments

2 Likes

When you are done making false assumptions, you should pay some attention to what’s being said. Yesterday alone I had 17 of 38 matches where the opponent conceded in the opening setup phase, without even putting out any Mercs. That is too many. I’m trying to play legit games with a geared 6x30 and getting nowhere because there is zero resource credit when they insta-cede.

Adding a pre-requisite to conceding would have solved the problem.

I’m not sure how they are doing their win trading, to be quite honest. I know that I have met the same players multiple times, and mostly in succession. I also don’t exactly know why the same people auto quit over and over again. I never claimed to know why it is happening, just that it is happening.

Unfortunately that’s not the case. Tyrantus, as of now can be targeted by spells and hero powers.

1 Like

you mean the ‘Traditional Hearthstone Experience’? LUL

heysup devs
Where’s the card balance changes to constructed?
Is this just a content patch + duels balancing?

Where’s the patch notes that says:
“arena is now random no rotation no pools schools out for summa!”

and
“ladder is now back to pairing of rank, gold is rewarded for quests not xp, achievs are simplified down to less than 100 in the game, and reward something like gold cards for completing them, and a cardback or two. we no longer give all the gold cards in core out for free so that people care about gold cards again since there’s not an overflood of them and new gold cards are now noticable bc of that. there is no core set rotation it was a botched plan nobody is used to what’s around from what used to be we underestimated that lack of familiarity. floors are only in the beggining of ladder to protect new players and not all over ladder. star bonuses are gone. old legend players pre floors keep the original legend cardback and a new brighter colored one is for everyone who completed legend when it got nerfed. wow is out, im sorry is back in for emotes. no emoting pre turn 1, to give each player a ton of time to auto squelch instead of just a second or two. no streamer pre release anymore bc info share is too strong so we have to protect the info on the cards for launch to make launch fun. wild might be balanced stay tuned maybe xmas morning.”

Where’s those patch notes blizz i can’t find them?
Paaaas the Dutchie on the lefthand side. Thx

1 Like

Mercenary packs need to have REAL portrait duplication protection and max coin protection! Especially with the way future mercenaries are planned to be introduced: “All future Mercenaries will continue to be added to that same general pool.”

You cannot just keep adding new characters into the existing pools for such a mode. How are people suppose to get things related to these new mercs from packs.
For coins, mostly you will just be getting coins for characters you’ve already maxed, while you mostly just want coins for the new mercenaries introduced.
For the portrait, the new portraits you rolled for characters you’ve already have all portraits will just become useless coins. There is no way to obtain or craft the missing portraits, or the portraits of the new mercs. And the chance of getting portraits for the new merc is so low it is miserable trying to get them from packs, and all your previous pack openings feels like punishment because the chance of you getting new mercs’ portrait is the same regardless of how many other portraits you’ve already obtained.
And this thing is only going to get worse and worse as more and more mercs are introduced in the future, making the pool larger and larger and the chance of getting anything you want more and more miserable.

With the current system, there is zero incentive to buy more mercenary packs. Once you have a decent collection of portraits, the marginal value of packs just become so low that spending any money on them is hardly justified.

Seriously, if you want to sell your packs, making them worth at least some value. The same duplicate protection system in constructed packs will work well. For the same rarity portrait, you will not obtain duplicate portrait (and get converted into coins) until all portraits of the same rarity (for all mercs) are obtained. For the same rarity coins, you will not obtain further coins for that merc if that merc is maxed (until you max out all mercs of that rarity of course). (And maybe add a portrait craft system). These real quality changes are what is going to bring you money in the long term.

3 Likes

You complained that you didn’t get rewards if the opponent conceded after losing 1-2 mercs. You now get rewards if they conceded after you defeat at least one of their mercs.

The post I replied to did not contain any additional complaints about the mode, so these “unfixed issues” are basically just moving the goalposts and/or inventing new problems that don’t really exist.

Honestly, I thought that mini-set will be about prison Stormwind Stockade and its bosses: Randolph Moloch, Lord Overheat and Hogger. But when I saw the amusing cinematic trailer about Deadmines, I decided that idea about pirates is really cool. I found my favourite characters - powerful tauren Mr. Smite and amusing murloc Cookie the Cook. We will endeavor to get these new brave mercenaries in our collection!!!

2 Likes

I was just about to blow up on this and post something containing insults against the devs that would have gotten me banned, so basically yea, that was my exact thought when I scrolled down this list.

No balance nerfs???

1 Like

Are the BGs heroes available right now for those with the Pass?

No. The patch doesn’t go live until Nov 2nd.

1 Like

Does it mean that with new patch will start a new season in duels?

Clearly blizz wants to cross promote Diablo in HS, but no. Seasons are marked by a change in themes, treasures and heroes. In blizz’s own words:

The theme for Duels: Early Access and Duels: Season One is Wizard Duels, which brings several familiar professors and luminaries from Scholomance Academy to the mode, each representing a different class and playstyle! The theme will change at the end of Duels: Season One, new Heroes will be added, and some Treasures will rotate out to make room for new ones.

If season one was actually ending, they’d definitely have told us at the very least.

I just updated to patch 21.6 I cannot claim my Vol’jin Task 17. I get the following message: There was an error claiming your task, please try again later.

Yo Blizz, where do we get the new merc coins? Which bounties?

They three new bounties they added give them from the end. But they can also come from packs, PVP wins, or as the random coins at the end of other bounties.

WTF I just woke up and see that my completed task that I couldnt claim is gone… Help please