2 new mercs, 1 event

any other mercenaries players disappointed? it does allow to pretty much focus solely on Diablo Immortal but it still feels like maybe they should have released fewer new mercs last time and instead split them between the two patches.

I expect there is going to be another big merc drop when the mini set comes out in a few months.

Actually, not right now. I don’t believe simply releasing ‘moar’ and more new mercs, bounties etc is a good direction for this game mode. The Sunken City batch, in my opinion, is a prime example of a ‘quantity over quality’ approach, with a lot of new mercs, compared to the previous pace, but… strangely designed (e.g. Karathress) or outright broken as of release (e.g. Brann), also with a lot of new bounties, but the design of many has not seemed that diverse, creative… or, again, bug-free.

Besides, having more and more new mercenaries being released at an increased pace makes it harder to keep up, and with the tasks for the Sunken City bunch (except for Tyrael) being essentially the same in structure and repetitive (in order to keep it manageable for developers, I guess, this side of the game being notoriously problematic, but — once again, it’s quantity over quality), it becomes somewhat monotonous and boring, too.

Right now, I would highky prefer it if they focused on time-limited events, which have been fun, fixing many bugs present in the game mode and long-term goals, such as excessive coins etc, rather than focusing simply on quantity. Personally, having a breather after being overwhelmed by an increasing amount of new content released is also welcome for me.

1 Like

x.0 is the Constructed patch with minor updates to the other modes.

x.2 is the Battlegrounds patch where you should not expect anything but balance changes to the other modes.

x.4 is the Mini-set + Mercenaries patch with possibly some balance changes to Battlegrounds.

x.6 is mostly preparation for the next Constructed expansion (it includes the pre-orders as well as the pre-launch Legendary), with balance changes and events for the other modes.

24.4 is the next time you should expect a major dump of new Mercenaries, a new zone and possibly new mechanics for the mode. The current patch is 24.0

1 Like