18.0.1 Server Hotfix

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a hotfix going out later today that includes significant changes to the Discover keyword and randomly generated cards:

• Discover cards can no longer Discover themselves.
  • Cards that ‘generate a random card’ can no longer generate themselves.

Dev comment: Overall, this change is aimed at helping games feel a bit more varied. While generating the same card can be an exciting individual moment, these types of experiences tend to have diminishing returns after a while. These adjustments should make for healthier games against classes with a ton of resource generation.

The hotfix also includes the following:

• Mr. Bigglesworth is now available in Battlegrounds to all players.
  • Fixed a bug where the selected minion summoned by Jandice Barov would not have the death upon damage enchantment when summoned again with Khadgar.
  • Fixed a bug where Headmaster Kel’Thuzad would not resurrect minions that were destroyed from being returned to a full hand.

These changes will take place on the server side, so you won’t have to download anything if you’ve already updated to 18.0.

Update: This hotfix is live now! Also to clarify how it works for a card like Shadow Visions—you’re still able to Discover a second copy of Shadow Visions if you have one in your deck.

16 Likes

Still can’t fix the Noz/Portal?

8 Likes

i dont think the discover change was needed but i dont think ill make much difference from my side i often didnt pick the generator if the other choices were good
who knowns ?
maybe some of them will feel stronger since its one card less in their pools

1 Like

I think mage is the only class that really loses from this but it’s a long time request and I grateful it’s being done.

6 Likes

Yeah was just thinking same… the dragon discoverers now have a greater chance to pull a dqa as it removes a worse option

They decided to kill mage right away and elimate this meme deck.

1 Like

Priest not discovering renew off of renew is a welcome thing for aggro players.

7 Likes

I wonder if it will affect limited discovering like “a spell from you deck”…

2 Likes

It doesnt make much of a difference for the current mage decks.
I wonder why the “hot-fix” was needed,i wasnt aware of any clearly broken interaction as a result of it. Wasnt dragonqueen fixed to not get herself again already?

@above,thats an interesting thought.

2 Likes

Imo that’s the most interesting part about it - why exactly now, and why in a way that implies that it’s a fix instead of design change?

Dragonqueen was specifically changed this way and it gave a dust refund.

3 Likes

The discover and generate random cards are a fantastic change! Thank you!

Now my token aggro voracious reader meme decks will have a high chance at defeating priest and mage :smiley:

4 Likes

I thought they were going to fix the Vectus bug. :frowning:

1 Like

No more Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick >> Magic Trick ???

Aw, man

12 Likes

what about zephrys perfect card discover lol?

There’s no defeating me… sorry. Medivh is Medivh, no one beats Medivh. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

is called hotfix because its on server side…

im still waiting for the end turn and discover disabled bug to be fixed…

3 Likes

many class only viable whit discover if is gone …bk to t3-4 and some unbelivable aggro deck winn …welcome in tras card game thx for fix

zephrys is already not offering itself, and the options are usually straight forward cards that helps the situation, not random generation

Well, of course not Medivh. You throw amazing parties! When you show up as my opponent, you better believe it’s an instant concede followed by the disco ball drop when corks begin to pop!

For sure we get the dust for discover cards that could create themself till now right?
Dragon Queen also have 1600 as it was changed :slight_smile: