26.2.2 Patch Notes

26.2.2 Patch Notes

Patch 26.2.2 brings bug fixes and balance updates to Hearthstone, Battlegrounds, and Duels.

View Full Article

A lot of these were expected, and theres a few good nerfs and buffs, but some of these are odd.

Sinful Brand is just now unplayable. If its cost had been brought up to 3, it could still have seen play, but reducing the damage by half means the card is just dead.

Felscale Invoker seems like a good change, but a 3/7 isnt a threat like you guys said. Making it a 5/5 retains its threat value, while also making it easier to deal with. Now its not a threat, its a speed bump.

The Predation change is interesting. It’s not bad persay, however I think most of us thought it would have its cost reduction brought up to (1) instead of having its damage reduced by one. It is interesting, and I personally cant wait to see how good it stays.

Anub’Rekhan is another interesting change. Reducing the armor is great to limit pop off turns and seems like a more preferred nerf than a cost increase. I just hope it doesnt kill the card, as sometimes it was hard to use it at 8 armor to begin with.

Scribbling Stenographer is a meh change. The people I talked to figured it would have gone down to a 3/3 rather than a cost increase, seeing as how many cards rogue can play in a given turn.

As for the buffs, most of us called a few of these spot on. However the Demolitionist buff is 100% the most interesting. I personally said that no matter what buff you threw at it, it wouldn’t see play, however adding Tradeable to it changes my perspective completely. Theres a chance it could see play in slower control decks just because of that.

For the BGs updates, just played with Updated ETC, and 3 on the hero power felt great. The coiler was the biggest surprise to me as I didnt realize it got changed and wondered why it wouldnt let me target my Rat lol. Lastly for BGs, 100% the 2 best changes are to Nadina and Zapp. Nadina before had 0 reason to triple, and if you were playing Teracosa builds, 1/2 of her deathrattle seemed wasted. Now Shes useful in both scenarios either Tripled for non-Teracosa builds, or not Tripled for Teracosa builds using her as a first taunt minion. Zapp just seems insane now as a T6 reward.

Duels changes seem fine. Still kind of sad about the Water Elementals still not being 3/6s, but the 2/3s may halp me choose this treasure more often.

All in all, these changes are a solid 7/10. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

You have nerfed everything which didn’t need it… and didn’t touch anything that needs… good job… Seems like you guys are watching data from Gold rank levels only… :\ (Talking about standard, don’t care about BG)

3 Likes

The nerf to Banana Slamma is good but a few odd changes to these:
Upbeat Frontdrake was bad already as it took 3 turns and they made it weaker
I also think Kalecgos, Arcane Aspect is a bad card and to nerf it was weird.

I want whatever this guy is smoking, probably turns the brain off quite effectively.

2 Likes

Those nerfs are so bad. Focus on cards that really matter next time Blizzard.

1 Like

Just some minor nerfs to busted cards but nerf anub to 5 armor ye sure just kill druid already let him be worse than warior good job good patch wow

1 Like

If i were u i would ve tried more to nerf shadow preist coz he was busted since the deck was made till now just nerf druid yes sure

1 Like

Upbeat Frontdrake was one of the best tier 1 minions in the game and dragons are one of the strongest classes currently as well as one of the easiest to pull off (since they can be played in so many ways). Plus, they have synergy with battlecries which is currently is the strongest keyword in the game.

Respectfully, I think you have no idea what you are talking about.

I like most of these balance changes.

My one input would be to cap Banana Slamma’s multiplication.
Maybe something like “Give your summoned beasts +1/+1 and double their stats” as the triple reward rather than the tripling effect.

I’ll play a little bit with it and see if I still want to just yeet when coming up against those comps :joy:

Give me Nemsy Hero skin! I did all you told me, Blizzard. Bug? Or you blocked it? I need Nemsy. Feedback PLEASE.

Sort of surprised by the dino tracking and mind tether changes, definitely not going to complain about it though. Those two hero powers had it coming.

Glacial downpour looks like it’ll hit a sweet spot. 3/6 was fine…late game. Probably too much mid and blatantly broken early on. And 2/1 was just laughable.

• [Duels] Fixed a bug where the original version of Tour Guide was banned in all card pools, but the new Core Set version was not.

Huh, so it wasn’t intentional.

Dude thank you!  You saved me the trouble of typing a lot because you pretty much said everything I was going to say. 
Sinful Brand was a dumb nerf and makes the card useless. It at least should be a 1 mana spell now, and now it'll be huge negative when S'theno hits it. Ruined the deck.
Anub’Rekhan nerf... wow. It's a knee-jerk, over nerf. I'm surprise Blizz is still making changes that completely negate a whole decks playability. Tony druid already loses a lot to aggro decks and now they're suppose to setup while trying to survive?  I could have seen it being brought down to 7 mana so you can at least drop a single Underking, but to 5 mana?  
 I don't know why they don't make small changes and watch it for a month, then make adjustments to that, if needed.

All the bg changes seem good but Banana Slamma might still be a big problem. Honest I can’t even think of a good way to balance that card so I guess we’ll see how it turns out.

when will the “friend of my friend” achievement be fixed?

I can tell you 2 ways:

• Change the effect so it only increases a beast’s stats according to their tavern tier (double tavern tier if golden). This way, what was previously a blanchy reborn into a 700/700 by 2+ golden banana slamma turns into a reasonable 30/30-40/40 Blanchy instead.
  • Make the effect only give attack and health(or twice that if golden) according to what it already has. So a 7/7 spawned from raptor would turn into something still in the 2 digits range of atk/hp instead of something in the 3 or even 4 digits range.

The reason any of the above changes would make sense is because the effect scales exponentially with itself. If any of the above changes were to be applied, the effect would be much more reasonable in general and would prevent ridiculous situations of rampant 700/700 or higher beasts smacking the opposing board. Also this tier bump doesn’t do anything with Varden players: If the player manages to secure and freeze-copy repeatedly a Slamma, then the rest of the lobby is screwed anyway.

arcane infinity, this card is buggy since when they destroy their deck they keep drawing cards they already used.

That is working as intended.