100% rigged matchmaking!

One of our greatest strengths is also our greatest weakness - our ability to recognize patterns. Sometimes this leads us to false conclusions based on too small a sampling.

Naturally, posts like yours reek of narcissism - you are not THAT important. Nobody cares enough about you to conspire against you.

Everyone seems to think they should win more than 50% of their games, because they are such good players.

2 Likes

i love the amount of tinfoil hats in this forum.

Also when you say quest shaman assuming you mean the UiS quest because corrupt the waters shaman build is one of the several hard counters to questlock.

1 Like

How can so many of you not have even the smallest understanding of statistics and conformation bias?

2 Likes

You told me a lot about rewards and monetization, but not about how this algorithm could work and why rigging matches leads to better monetization. Making me frustrated and wanting to quit seems like an odd strategy.

I also could run quest shaman with doom hammer subbed in which would make the mage match more favorable. That’s still quest shaman, but a key card switch - does their algorithm pick that up?

1 Like

please,spare your time and nerves and do not argue with HS police on this forum over this kind of things such as if this game is rigged or not…everyone who plays this game for some time knows that it is rigged,in cases you mentioned and in some modes,arena especially.

2 Likes

It all comes down to what rigged means to you.

If rigged is special programming that targets certain players and not other players (picks winners and losers), then the system is not rigged. If rigged to you means that a system is in place that is not random, but takes into consideration the deck you play, your win rate, etc… then under that definition we do have a rigged matchmaking system that tries to force you to a 50% win rate.

Fixed that for you.

While a Blizzard employee at some point did say they aim for a 50% win rate, to the best of my knowledge they never said they force it. As several people have already mentioned, matchmaking based on MMR will naturally produce a win rate close to 50% over time. They have no reason to force it while using MMR. A system that uses MMR is by definition rigged to match you against players of similar MMR and not a completely random opponent. And as others have also pointed out, 3rd party sites would have by now collected a huge amount of data that showed some classes/decks being paired disproportionately against others. This hasn’t happened, which leads me to believe that MM is not rigged in the manner in which these threads claim.

Companies are greedy. It wouldn’t shock me at all to find out they release OP cards on purpose to drive up pack sales, knowing full well they will nerf it weeks later. This doesn’t mean they rig MM though. Everything they do is for more money you say? I can just point to any free stuff they have ever given, in any game. You might then say “That to will lead to more money”, which it might, but I could say the same for a MM system that isn’t rigged. You don’t need to prove they like money, you need to prove rigging MM leads to more money.

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

100% agree. I’m fine with fighting higher MMR players. Just stop scanning my deck. Keep it random. Based only on MMR. I’m cool with. Reading my deck matching it to counters. Not so fun. :frowning: Defeats the purpose of switching your deck up.

2 Likes

Dude, the fact other games were rigged is they were CAUGHT. How come HS has yet to be outed? Why can they prove it in some games but not this one? Is it some new mastermind rigging system that is undectable? The fact other games were caught proves rigging leaves traces behind. Yet it has never been proven for HS. Derp?

If we are using anecdotal evidence, I claim it never existed.

March through July seasons my main deck was heavily teched against Mage. Eater of Secrets for SM, Kezan for APM/Mozaki, Cult Neophytes, even Wild Bloodstinger to pull out and kill those pesky Flamewankers & Apprentices.

Despite all the anti-mage tech, and an 80% win rate against the class over hundreds of games, I still faced them ~20% of the time. Close enough to what was to be expected with the classes popularity in wild at the time.

I’m still waiting for the thread where someone says:

“Matchmaking is rigged!”

And then posts “proof” where they were matched against decks they counter in order to give them an easy win. Like, for example, your opponents that you are matched against must ALL have experienced this. Since you believe you were purposefully put up against a counter deck, they must also have placed your opponent against you in order for your opponent to win who is also at diamond 2. So, the same system that is rigging it against you HAS to be rigging it FOR them.

So why is it we never see those threads?

Statistics 101 will reveal the answer.

2 Likes

The idea that they are among us is fairly lunatic, but to think We are the only sentient beings in the Universe is arrogant and stupid to a gargantuan level.
If nothing else We know that nature abhors a vacuum.
Simply put? It would be a terrible waste of Space.

It isn’t a conspiracy. They are out to make money. If you think the game doesn’t have some rigged elements you’re naive about companies. They can put any kind of fix in they want. That’s not even a secret cabal…that’s just business 101.

1 Like

All of Blizzards games are rigged to some degree but for the vast majority of the population its almost unnoticeable. In a game like Heroes of the Storm, Call of Duty or Overwatch where it is a complete skill based game instead of also being based on RNG like hearthstone the very top players will get a significant disadvantage with their teammates if people of their own skill level are not queing. (Grandmaster in HOTS) The Company wants and for all intensive purposes “needs” everyone to win so they continue to play the game and not quit after losing 5 or 10 matches in a row because they are new or bad at the game.

I was playing against secrets mages over and over…added counter secrets cards into my deck didn’t see but one or two all night. Took the cards out and bam…next opponent is a secrets mage. Cue Twlight Zone theme. I believe with a few lines of code they can control your draws and your opponent. Anyone who thinks this is like an actual physical card game that actually gets shuffled…(magic the gathering?)is silly. It’s never going to be straight forward like a physical game. Why? I’m pretty sure they have worked out how to monetize manipulating the matches. Even though I could not afford it been known to impulse buy a card pack due to the players I’m up against. (If I just had that one card)! my question is why wouldn’t they manipulate it? Too ethical? Lmao

1 Like

false, they match you with almost impossible to win match.

that’s the only way to reduce player with high win rate into 50%.

perfectly rigged balanced.

2 Likes

People love to point at the old Blizzard statement where they said they try to equalize win rates. Instead of realizing what that means is they try to match you with someone whose skill level (in this case, hidden MMR) is close to yours, people assume that they are including a myriad of other factors (win streaks, deck choice, the phase of the moon), all of which would require an inordinate amount of effort on Blizzard’s part to NO APPRECIABLE GAIN.

Show me one person who has actually thought ‘well, Blizzard is purposely making me lose, so I’d better give them more money’ because that’s the only plausible reason why they would go through something more difficult than ‘match MMR’.

But you won’t find those people, because they don’t exist, and all that is really happening is you lost a game, and instead of realizing that in a card game sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and maybe you should try to figure out if you made a play error or you could tweak your deck for future similar matchups, it’s easier to just place all of the blame on the big nasty capitalistic company that clearly has it out for the little guy who is just trying to win a couple matches.

Tilt is real, but expressing it in such a nonsensical fashion doesn’t help you or others. Stay thirsty, my friends.

please mr oorlian,
there is no such thing as skill on hearthstone.

a game where you depends on skill allow player to have 90+% win rate.
20 win streak on dota 2 is very easy for skilled player especially when they aboose the meta.

1 Like

Do you know how MMR games work?

They ALL push 50% win rates.
They achieve this by matching you against an opponent with a similar MMR, or ability as you clearly dont understand that term, to yours.
It is well known by now that MMR is used for matchmaking purposes.

If it was actually happening on a regular basis, actual evidence would exist with thge data tracking sites we have.
It doesnt!