10 mana crystals, for one minion and an action, pffffttt

10 mana creatures or minions are barely played nowadays, they are only really played if they can be cheaply pulled out. Its become kind of sad that the ‘10 big bois’ are now only good for there instant value.

But since Hearthstone is being pulled in the direction of shorter games and instant mulligan value, what can you really do.

1 Like

There is a price to pay when insanely overtuned aggro decks beyond any good reason exists in every meta, you kill almost all 8 cost or more cards from the entire game.

If we really want to see high cost cards have a place ALL aggro decks need to be massively overnerfed, I mean, not irrelevant adjusts here or there, I talking about brake the spine of all agressive deck and erradicate all absurdly efficient cheap spells we have this days.

Plus, we need more control tools, extremely cheap healing, reliable and good mass removals and techs can completely destroy aggro decks beyond repair making aggro players repent the day they born!!!

PS: I am exaggerating a little bit but have some truth in all this rage.

6 Likes

Which expansion were many 10 cost minions being played?

Which ones?

It has nothing to do with agro. You can’t spend 10 mana to do basically nothing. Your 10 mana needs to defend you in some way by removing opponents board or at least having enough taunt power to require additional resources from the opponent. When everything is sorcery speed you can’t afford to play the big boys that are even slower than sorcery speed because they need that addition turn to wake up after being summoned.

No one wants to play 45 minute Greedy Control matchups any more. It would probably be best for you to forget about it and move on.

Like a 10 mana poison kazakus golem with 3 dmg aoe? Would that defend ya and give ya a board presence, or a 10 mana rush ivus, clear their big minion and leave a 13/13 taunt behind. Or of course onyxia usually clears board and leaves a minion behind.

I like long matches 20 char

2 Likes

Old gods to KAC maybe?
Games seemed to be greedier and longer in those metals.