Unfair system for the election of immorals

Currently, the clan that wins the Rite of Exile chooses which two clans will be Immortals with them.
This has generated alliances between 4 or 5 clans on the server on the one hand and another 4 or 5 clans on the other hand and exclusively these clans are the ones who take turns taking immortality.
Furthermore, we are seeing in the Rites of Exile, how the allied clans of the immortals who remained in the shadows, do not attack so that the reign lasts longer.
We are also seeing how other clans, despite finishing first, second or third in the shadow clan ranking, NEVER reach immortality, because the fourth or sixth wins and takes the fifth and ninth with them.
In my humble opinion, the one who wins the Rite of Exile must be the new Immortal clan, but accompanied not by those he chooses, accompanied by those who have come first in the shadow ranking.
In this way, a clan can be immortal either by having the strongest players and winning the rite or by having the most active players.
Please put an end to these tricks that certain clans are carrying out and give the rest of the clans the opportunity to earn immortality with their work or dedication.

2 Likes

So, if there’s an alliance of 3 clans, what would stop them becoming the 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Shadow clans so that whichever one of the three become the new Immortals the remaining two clans of the alliance get automatically selected?

I think that you have not understand me.
To be Immortal, either you win the rite of exile or your clan has an agreement with the clan that wins it and they choose it as an immortal clan to accompany them.
Therefore, your clan can be the first clan in the shadow clan ranking every cycle and never be immortal, because the clans that win the 3vs3 elect other clans “friends” of theirs.
On the Spanish servers, there are 6 players choosing each cycle, who will be immortal and many clans, despite coming first or second in clan rabking, are never immortal.
6 players cannot have the right to choose who is or is not Immortals in the game.
The only thing this causes is that many players stop playing when they see that they will never be immortal.
That’s my point of view, I don’t see it as fair.

There are six whale clans on my server.
While I never concerned myself about it too much, now that you’ve mentioned it, the circumstantial evidence of a similar pattern does seem to occur.

Almost without fail, it hits the period where the clan gets the full cloak and then they are taken down. every six weeks, without fail for many months now. It is also, the identical clans rotating.

There is another way to look at it and I am not being unrealistic. Most of the whales paid between 10K-100K, so they basically paid to win, and they are theoretically. I am not a whale BTW, I am merely being objective. Being an Immortal and the BG are the only two places they can. As for a right to choose, seeing what is happening in the world, and I do not want to derail this and won’t, but rights seem to go out the window when it comes to money, with DI being no exception.

This game is totally based on money or the updates everyone enjoys would not be so frequent.

No, I understood just fine.

What I’m saying is that the big clans that are taking turns at being the Immortals and the two allied clans each reign would also likely be the top 3 shadow clans each reign too so they’d become the Immortal whether they’re being manually chosen, or by the fact that they’re the top 3 shadow clans.

1 Like

I have already signaled this issue.
At my server the status quo is kept almost 2 years.
We have two alliances that took the reign one after another.
It is so boring, that many players resigned or changed server.

Other strong clans face the Rite 3 vs 9 whales, it is impossible to win.

The Rite of exile should be redesigned.

The simple idea:
The members of winning clans get a permanent debuff in Rite, for example -10% HP and damage, every time the became a Immo.

If this were the case, there would be no problem, but it is common to see that the Immortals become the ones who have placed fifth, seventh and ninth place and the clans that remain 1, 2 and 3 are left without a reward.

In a perfect game you’d be right.
There is no doubt it is pay to win, as without it the updates would be nothing like they are.

All that aside, they could very easily send every player in with identical stats, gems both legendary and normal disabled on all, resonance disabled and a fixed combat rating that is identical for every participant. This facilitates pure skill only.
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. It is pay to win and no game is perfect, least of all a pay to win where it is slanted towards the people who pay the most money.

The power of gems is another matter.
Here we are talking about 6 players on a server who have been choosing who are or are not immortal for 2 years.
And the same thing is happening on several servers.
No matter how much money those 6 players spend on the game, they should not choose who will be the immortals.

Being matter-of-fact…
If you were saying this about any other game, be it D3, D4 or any Ubisoft game, I’d totally agree. However, it is pay to win, not pay to lose in DI. I am not a whale but I figure if someone spends 10k-100K on something, they should see some kind of advantage over someone who spends 1K or nothing. Reiterating, it’s not pay-to-lose.

The whale (9k reso) in my server seems pretty pissed off because he doesn’t have 100% win rate in BG though. :laughing:

In fact, his win rate is pretty similar as F2P players instead.

As for the Immortal selection, auto-picking top 2 and top 3 shadow clans won’t change a thing here. In fact, it may be even worse because instead of facing Immortal with Top 5 and Top 8 clan, you are going to face Immortal with Top 2 and Top 3 clan which is even stronger. :laughing:

1 Like

Spending 100,000 can give you a certain advantage (resonance and little else), but what it can never give you is the right to decide in each cycle who is immortal or not. NEVER!!!

Yeah agreed. We’ve both been around a long time playing in skill-based games. Many aspects are definitely skill based.

It shouldn’t, but the shadow groups with all 6K-10K resonance will always dominate.

It can, and it currently does.

The last clan standing becomes Immortal. The top 1, 2, or 3 clans become their allies. I like it. Better than what we have. There will be clans protecting other clans in the Rite of Exile of course but, and a big but, is protecting a clan that wouldn’t normally be. Certain top Shadow clans would then come together in a different way. This also encourages players to get to the top 3 spot knowing what will happen. Again, I like it. Imagine a clan that thought nothing could be done with each other, forms a fantastic alliance. Also, for the remaining 4 - 10, they will always have their shot to become Immortal every cycle as long as they play. Never thought of this and well done.

1 Like

The allied clans are selected based on their ability to win vigil and subsequent roe’s. Just because there is a shadow clan with very high activity doesn’t mean they could deliver in immo vs shadow fights.
Your rework also wouldn’t change anything, the whale clans would still game the system to become immos just as they do now for gaining blessed reign.

Welcome to Diablo Immortal. This system encourages spending to increase your influence over the server. Working as intended.

No, this is not the reason people stop playing. It’s because unless you’re spending tens of thousands of dollars on the game, you’re mostly insignificant. Standard p2w.

Or they can just create another reward system for shadow clans .so this way .
.clans that rank in top 10 get a reward, so their efforts along the regin isn’t wasted if they dont get to be immortals . A shadow cloack maybe :thinking:

1 Like

In the same way that Immortals unlock cosmetic cloaks / armour / weapons for cumulative number of weeks holding a reign, I think it would be fair for there to be an equivalent for Shadows that have been in the Top 10 Shadow Clans for equivalent numbers of weeks. The Immortal stuff is all gold / silver / orange, Shadow stuff could be black / green, I guess.

1 Like

yep My thoughts exactly!.