Repel Demonic Defilement in Splintered Souls

Repel Demonic Defilement in Splintered Souls

The twisted Southern Dreadlands beckons for you in the Splintered Souls major update, adventurer. Fight side-by-side with new Familiar companions, explore a new Zone and Zone Event, and more.

View Full Article

That was really long patch note, and a lot of good stuff there.

I liked…

Additionally, two new Secondary Slots have been added to Diablo Immortal—Bracelets. This item can only be crafted at a Blacksmith on Inferno Difficulty IV and higher. We’ve also added Bracelets for all other existing Sets that help to reinforce the bonuses provided by the Sets.

Assuming the bracelet slots obey the same Combat Rating as the other six set slots, that should see players gain another 2 x 1406 or 2 x 1466 CR, i.e. 2812-2932 CR, enabling a lot more folks to have enough CR to do the Inferno 3 raid bosses, and unlock access to Inferno 4. Who knows, maybe people will even be able to have a go at Gauntlet 3.

No. The new slots are only for those who are already at inf 4 just like the two extra weapons are only available after reaching inf 1 so it doesn’t help in unlocking the new difficulties.
Current Gauntlet 3 will be removed after maintenance.

The Hearthrot Helliquary Bosses will now be replaced with the new Soulhewn Helliquary Bosses in the Helliquary Gauntlet.

Also no gear upgrade catch up, it’s harder week by week for newer players to reach the required crs…

Anyone that’s been carried through the last boss of INF3 has access to Inferno 4. Assuming they’ve been building up some stocks of Inferno 3 wisps, they should be able to convert those up to Inferno 4 wisps at the Blacksmith in Westmarch (at a ratio of 7:1), then craft some INF4 bracelets. As you’ll need 10 INF4 wisps, that means you’d need 70 INF3 wisps to convert upwards.

From this section of the patch notes…
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo-immortal/24021895/repel-demonic-defilement-in-splintered-souls#Demons

Also, whenever you would receive Scoria, Voidblood Slag, and crafting materials from anywhere but the Collector’s Empowered Battle Pass, you’ll get extra of those resources.

The extra Scoria and Voidblood enables players to catch up with Helliquary levels.
The extra crafting materials enables players to catch up on legendary gear ranks.

Does this mean now we can use a 4+4 or 6+2 set item combo?

Anyone that’s been carried through the last boss of INF3 has access to Inferno 4.

If someone is carried to inf4 then that person don’t have to unlock inf4 anymore and obiously has access to the new slots. My comment was about those who didn’t get a carry - they still won’t be able to use the new slots and unlock inf4 without help.

Regarding the extra mats this is also stated in the patch notes:

everyone who is below Paragon Level 600 will benefit from the Speed of Creation bonus

I’d be very happy if anyone could get the bonus but it very much looks like only the really low leveled players will get it.

Am I the only one or do these new pet-mechanics sound unnecessary complex and complicated? Why?

Stuff removed already…

I wonder what was the reasons for the removal?

I would imagine the feedback from the community would involve the fact that this would have introduced yet another disparity in hero power between players that spend a lot of money and F2P players because essentially it would have allowed up to an extra 14 gems by combining with the existing 14 gem slots.

Still hoping that they add Composite Gems Feature Removal back into the game again. Had been a free power upgrade for everybody as long as you collect some gems over time