CR changes only affects new drops, not existing gear

From this morning’s patch…

Combat Rating for items have been revamped. Items with more attributes will have a higher Combat Rating. Item Combat Rating will not increase in Paragon Levels: 880–900, 980–1,000, and 1,080–1,100.

I took screenshots of all of my items last night before the patch was applied.

• All of my legendary items were 1357 CR.
  • All of my set items were 1257 CR.
  • My Stash contained 8 INF3/Paragon1000 legendary items, with 1369 CR.
  • My Stash contained 30+ INF3/Paragon 1000 set items, with 1369 CR.
  • I noted my overall CR which was 24298.

After the patch was applied, I re-checked all of these items and no changes to CR have been applied to them. Most of my equipped legendary items were from Paragon 970-980. No changes have been applied to the items in the Stash either.

However, I did receive an in-game email this morning with the rewards from the Trials of the Warrior event, which contained 3 legendary items and 2 set items. These were all Paragon 981 items (as that’s my hero’s current level). These were…

• Legendary with 1364 CR
  • Legendary with 1371 CR
  • Legendary with 1394 CR
  • Set item with 1292 CR
  • Set item with 1294 CR

I have been farming in INF3 for a couple of months at this point, to farm all of the items that I have in my stash, to be ready for when I reach Paragon 1000 in a couple of weeks. That time has just been rendered completely wasted, because the items are no longer higher CR than the items I just got this morning from Paragon 981. It means I have to re-farm an entirely new set of legendaries / set items because you didn’t alter the CR on players’ existing items, only for items that drop after the patch.

Do you have any idea how demotivating and disrespectful of your players’ time it was to have done it this way?

2 Likes

Good thing I was never really into pre-farm gear. So it doesn’t affect me that much.

1 Like

I’ve now seen someone link a Paragon 977 triple-stat INF2 shield… it had 1450 CR.

-=[ EDIT ]=-

Just realised that, as reigning Immortals, our Vault is full of Paragon 990 gear. Every single item in there this week has just been rendered useless by this patch as they have less CR than the Para 980+ gear we’re getting as drops.

1 Like

The gear in our vault was actually useless even yesterday.
What upsets me more is that I have about 75 pieces of set gear that are useless because of this patch and no adjustment to what we have in our inventory.

Hold on don’t salvage anything…. Little bit late for that announcement 12 hours after you render everyone’s items saved in stashed useless!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmortal/comments/175ldpm/update_regarding_item_combat_rating_change/

Hello everyone,

In our recent content update we revamped the Combat Rating for items, making it so that items with more attributes will drop with a higher Combat Rating. As it stands currently, this change does not apply to items already owned by players.

We have read your feedback and apologize for any frustration this change has caused—the development team is currently exploring possible solutions to this issue, and we will update you as soon as we have more information to provide.

In the meantime, please do not salvage any Paragon Level 1,000 gear.

This comes many, many hours too late for player who saw that their entire stash contents of pre-farmed INF3 / Paragon 1000 items now had lower CR values than newly dropped INF2 items had, and salvaged their entire Stash contents.

The initial decision to not run a database update to adjust existing items’ CR (we know this is possible because it’s exactly what was done in the patch where CR was separated from attributes months ago) was pretty woeful. How could you not have foreseen that invalidating 1-2 months of your players’ time would be an issue for them?

Lots of people saw that newly dropped INF2 items had higher (indeed, much higher) CR values than absolutely every INF3/Paragon 1000 item in their Stashes, came to the resigned conclusion that their Stash contents had been rendered worthless, salvaged everything in there, and proceeded to start re-farming.

So, whilst you might be adjusting the INF3/Paragon 1000 items that players still have, I presume you’re going to do absolutely nothing for the players who salvaged them?

How did you guys not see this being the result of not updating existing items?

1 Like

By only updating para1k items they only give free cr to those minority who were already able to farm inf3 so essentially they don’t need that. The whole point of this change is to allow players to reach inf3 because without this change that would be near impossible for newer players. If they really do any retroactive update then they should bump up all existing inferno gear cr not just inf3.

1 Like

Okay, and for all the players that salvaged their entire stash contents of INF3/Para1000 items thinking (rightfully at the time) that they were inferior to newly dropping INF2 items, they’re just out of luck and have to re-farm everything or do you have any plans for those players?

To be honest, what do you want them to do?

Remove the materials / wisps that resulted from the salvaging and restore the items.
But we both know they’ll never do that. People that salvaged are just out of luck.

Oh well, maybe we can hope that they will give some crests and gems for compensation. :laughing:

Yeah rollback items from path day :sunglasses: and repair iPad 9gen problems with crashed Game a lot( every 15min playing).

1 Like