Any actual info on Bout of Realms?

Adding a PvP event with almost no info about it is really nice. Can we at least know if there’s gonna be any sort of balancing in effect? The normalization like in Alley of Blood would be nice.
If the answer is no, and it’s gonna be a freebie for whales to the final matches, 99% of players don’t even need to participate.
Meaning that the rewards are totally stupid.

How about giving the same rewards to everyone on a server based on how well the best party from their cluster performs?

EDIT: Info tab works now. Question about balancing remains unanswered. Excellent work.

Meanwhile, on PC, on EU servers…

1 Like

Did the same for me all day but then suddenly it opened. That’s quite strange, maybe keep trying? I don’t think I did anything special to make it work.

EDIT: Indeed still doesn’t work, I wonder what I did to get it to work that one lucky time…

Had the same question. No information about what type of PvP it will be, BG style, Tower style, or something else entirely.

Also no information on whether the stats will be equalized to level 60 for all players like in other PvP events.

This is important information in selecting a build.

Your hidden sarcasm is legendary. :joy:You should have thrown in a Monty Python matching quote for good measure.

Alright, managed to open it again and this time took a snap.
Apparently they changed it from last time, now there’s quite a lot of info:

https://imgur.com/a/kuJ4DRf

Doesn’t quite clearly say if 16 teams from each server will advance, or 16 teams total.
Either way, only whales will have a chance to win the crests.

Embedding for you…

Looks like something me and my 2K wings won’t be bothering with.

1 Like

3 days and I’d say we have the winner for Worst Designed Event Ever.
So far my team had no opponents twice, now 9.7k + 3x 4.5k reso (4k reso myself, by far the most in the team; obviously that’s not an issue, it was bound to happen)…
From a wholly different server cluster! In the preliminaries, where we’re supposed to go against teams from our server.
Devs can shove this.
No clue how the ranking is decided either. Thought it would be the speed at which the fight ends, but I see teams popping up in the top50 hours after the battles have ended.

What some teams are doing is farming the other team (for kills). This can be done a number of ways, but involves using the auto-spawn against the team being farmed, so they just spawn and are killed immediately. Not fun.

I don’t even care about learning its rules as i already knew it was made for whale the moment i read it from the patch note.

Worst of all, the arena is Tower War. Why is Blizzard keep pushing Tower War variant into our face. It was unpopular mode a reason. :laughing:

Officially the worst event of all time. It’s actually impacting us negatively big time since players are locked from transferring servers even if they’re not in the finals. Now with the recent bug about the Semi-finals , who knows when we’ll be able to transfer.

Just an utter disaster!