Add Composite Gems

Please add this feature again, still do not understand why it was removed since it was a free power upgrade as long as you wanted to use it

Composite Gems Feature Removal

Because

Non-legendary gems provide things like armour, armour penetration, potency and resistances (secondary stats) and damage / vitality. The composite gem feature, allowing the combining of gems, would have effectively doubled the number of gem slots available. For example, red sockets would have a combo gem of ruby (health) and tourmaline (damage) rather than just tourmaline. What this would have led to is an even more massive discrepancy between F2P, low-spenders and whales in terms of secondary stats. Do you really want the whales to be even harder to kill, whilst handing out even more damage?

I think they removed it due to a gem duplicate in the server, which they have no way to delete every single one of them.

The duplicate gems are still ingame, so if you go for lvl 10 or stay on 9 does not really make a diff, but for all that had not cheated it is now a disadvantage.
Overall you can be around lvl 7/8 if you play since start and on lvl 5 plus the composite gems would be nice since the majority won’t be able to get much higher in gem level anyway.

They already have so much advantage that it wouldn’t really make it any worse. It doesn’t matter if someone has 1k or 3k more arpen then other’s armor as every secondary has a cap and it’s also a logarithmic increase meaning that the first couple hundred is the most effective.

Fully agree and in consequence it would be nice to add the feature

Think about the red sockets too. 1 in amulet, maybe 1 in each ring, 3 in belt, 1 in each bracelet. That’s 8 extra big rank Rubies that would be added (as they would be combined with their existing Tourmalines). Think how much extra HP that would give to a whale.

I think we can safely exlude rings which leaves us with 6 red sockets. Assuming that currently it is divided into 3 rubies and 3 tourmalines this would mean 1440 extra dmg and 14400 extra life with rank 10 gems (which are quite hard to get even for whales). Compared to a f2p player - who can socket rank 6-7 gems - that’s about 1k more dmg and 10k more hp, the same as 1k resonance. I think that’s not the end of the world.

1 Like