Wow, you dare call this "Diablo"? lol

Considering that no one has even reached a level where you do any meaningful itemization, your comment about “green up matters” shows me that you have not understood the itemization at all. :slight_smile:

And I had items I kept from level 7 to 25… literally, since their affixes were perfect.

I agree that the zoomlevel sucks. And the skill tree could be a bit more fleshed out, especially considering that you will want to specialize eventually.

And if you are oom after 2 casts, you are building your character wrong…basically, you then sucked in D1, D2, D3 AND D4. Congrats. :slight_smile:

Maybe play the game a bit more and understand how the items work, then come back.

6 Likes

Ever since Blizzard North was dissolved they haven’t been able to make a decent Diablo game.

They might as well abandoned the IP.

17 Likes

Diablo 1 and 2 had manapots.

4 Likes

Heres the best part - great for us, but good for you…

You can literaly go play something else. Sounds too good to be true, I know…but much less triggered stress for you.

13 Likes

See, Mr Bald Barbarian?

This guy at least has some arguments!

As for the Grimfaldra - possible. This game just feels… Wrong on so many levels. From the beginning.

I do not believe that you know the itemization better than anyone (me included) based off your premise. So if I’m talking sh**, so do you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea how you managed to run out of mana. It literally refills so fast, it is basically a permanent mana pot right there.

Of course, if you start building a hugely and only mana dependent sorcerer…guess what, you would have run out in D1/D2 as well. And very quickly too. But by the time, you would fill the entire bloody screen with firewalls, hydras or storms.

I agree that resource management sucks a bit. But it’s not as bad as ppl make it out to be.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I did.
Saved from the stress, saved 80GB on the SSD, saved however many bucks they want for this thing.

Thanks for caring about my stress levels, my wife tells me the same!
(And she also thinks this is not a Diablo game)

I only care to the extent that complaining about the game not being how YOU want it to be is silly. Just helping you remember that if you dont like a game - then dont play it. Plenty of people do like it.

4 Likes

Actually, mostly looking at the powerup indicator is basically proof that you fell for the biggest noob mistake in all Diablo games. Number-eyes. Bigger number->better item.

Yes, it CAN be right, but as soon as you collect legendaries, you will check the affixes and all special abilities that synergize with your build. Item power, armor, damage be damned.

If you don’t do that, good for you, you are most likely screwing up your build, mr. “i know about itemization”. Jeez, i had 10 legendaries in the bloody bank and 2 rares on my first character last weekend, because the yellows were objectively better due to better synergy.

Green up arrow, my a**.

3 Likes

Where did I wrote (edit: indeed, should be “write” as one of the fellow AlmostDiablo enjoyers noticed) that people are not allowed to enjoy it? Can you show it to me?
Defensive much? :joy:

You know, there’s this thing called an “opinion”. And mine is as per the OG post :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

write* that…

Average IQ is dropping so damn fast it hurts.

1 Like

Dictionary on the phone + non native speaker.
Nice jab though!

2 Likes

because if company pays 5 guys to make a game instead of 10 then they get to keep funds.
Game sells because it’s DIABLO so they don’t have to make it good.

6 Likes

It’s basically a re-skinned Lost Ark with a $90 CAD price tag.

5 Likes

I mean… If you want a nice jab I can point out that you are sitting on a forum complaining about a game you are not going to buy to random people instead of spending time with your wife and family…

im sorry …i had to … lol you asked for it T_T

1 Like

Oof, unfortunately true.

It gives me no joy in saying it, as i’ve pre-ordered the ultimate version but boring and uninspired is my take away from these betas.

6 Likes

xD

Good one, I admit.
You’re giving me no bullets to return the fire, though. That’s unfair! Please IMMEDIATELY say something stupid so I can roast you back together with my wife! :joy:

1 Like

Boring, uninspired, bland.

From your perspective, what would be exciting, inspired, and spicy?

Exploration? Forget it. Chase the quest mark, dummy!

I found myself hunting for those craftily hidden altars of lilith, and regularly rewarded by off-the path caches to break open and see what was inside. Following only the quest markers is an option but also a choice.

Were there no reward to exploring, like the hidden caches and altars of lilith, then you clearly have a point so it’s not clear to me what you’re expecting with a rewarding outcome for exploring if it’s not those kinds of things, maybe you can help by explaining further?

Balance? I know this is a “beta”, but why skill 1 takes 3 casts to kill a mob, while skill 2 kills EVERYTHING on the screen with one cast? “tHiS iS bEtA, tHeY wIlL bAlLaNcE iT!”
Mhm, lol, for sure buddy

Yah buddy, they will, for exactly the reasons you said. So I’m truly lost on what you’re going on about here. Sounds like you answered your own question and didn’t like the answer. Since you know it’s beta, and balancing comes last so it’s not balanced, and you expect that… what was your concern again?

Leveling up? Forget it. World scales. There are no attributes to allocate. Skill points add like +3% dmg. Laughable. Just give all the skills at the beginning, since respec is anyway almost free, what does it matter?

I might be wrong, but I think there might be a community post or developer blog post out there somewhere explaining – and I could be way off on this next part: with stats like D1 and D2 to plug say 5 points into every level, there are optimal, cookie-cutter, if-you’re-doing-doing-this-then-you’re-WRONG-n00b solutions, which inevaitably does not contribute to your decisions mattering in the slightest.

Where as with the current skill system, you follow the branch cluster of your choice - or not. No need to put skills into that branch at all, go ahead and double down on the previous one, or the following. And THAT agency granted to you, to determine and amplify YOUR play style has far more meaning that the false-choice of where to allocate stats optimally. For your consideration.

Itemization? Lol, only green “up” arrow matters.

Does it? I found myself not wanting to give up the +crit modifier on one of my weapons because it DOUBLED my overall crit chance at a low character level, from 10% to 20%. So even though the green-arrow showed me the next weapon had a +2 dmg on it when comparing purely damage numbers on DPS, none of the more-mathy and person-style attributes were a part of that auto-calculation. I’m confident sim sites will factor all those in and they’ll disagree with the easy auto-calc green arrow. But like only following quest markers, or only selecting certain skills, it still comes down to what YOU want to do buddy. No one’s forcing you to go green arrow every time, and fortunately no one is forcing you to do crazy math in your head or deep dive on DPS sim sites to assess whether the “true” upgrade choice is. You be you.

Skill tree? Nope, like everything in this game, shallow, empty husk just pretending to be a skill tree.

I think I covered this, think of it as a root system that branches out and you follow the main root down. Still part of a tree, just not locking you in to all the previously-chained decisions you MUST make to get that final tier option unlocked.

What’s up with this weird zoom level anyway? Another inspiration from diablo immoral?

When you said weird I’m hearing an unexpectedly low max-zoom-out? What would you want to gain by zooming out further? Part if this maximum will be due to back-end performance considerations, such as loading mobs and triggering based on your proximity. Fractions of microseconds for pathing calculations matter especially when needing to communicate to N number of players in the same place. The further you zoom out the more optimizing-for-speed that system has to be, not to mention rendering distances and the impact on graphics cards on the client end.

Other players with weird names running around randomly, breaking immersion (if there would be any in the first place)

Welcome to the MMO genre? Not sure what else to say there other than to ask were you wanting a solo-version?

Very bad voice acting.
TRULI?!

I invite you to watch some YouTube of Baten Kaitos, and experience authentic bad voice acting for comparison. Actors with accents does not equate to bad voice acting. They sounded mature and professional to me, setting the tone of the hardship the villagers live in. Hit us up with some examples of good voice acting for comparison, and to keep things on a level playing field do find examples with accents; the YouTube video from a Command and Conquer game featuring Tim Curry is escaping to the one place that hasn’t been corrupted by capitalism, could be a good starting point to compare an excellent voice actor portraying an absolutely ridiculous atrocious (yet perfectly fitting) accent.

I’ve exhausted my limited tank of helping others convey more of what they intent to, so I hope you’ll find this enough to expand upon so your messages are more broadly and better appreciated.

18 Likes

That’s what I was doing (playing D2R), but then Blizz started advertising this beta to me over and over. I go to try it and the queue times are out of control. They can’t make a game anywhere close to Diablo 2 again. The shared world, itemization, and level scaling all suck. I learned that from D3 and Lost Ark. Game is trash with mobile monetization too.

2 Likes