Wow did you Destroy Nerco

At lv 20 10 damage is almost worthless.

1 Like

Skeletons are almost worthless now. even going the guardian ones they still get destroyed way too fast. maybe they dont need to be as strong as they were last beta but this is just redic.

4 Likes

tried necro for a bit got to lvl 10ish with him, have to say seeing my skeles killed in a hit or two felt weird while leveling up. maybe give them like 20% health boost overall and have them gain health damage as you do would be a good thing.

I done same, i have take all upgrade for minions and they get one shoot in AOE against boss…

its my first beta with necro cannot say the state they was before, but that was so bad fighting boss without any minions and how you supposed to stand in front of boss for summon a corpse for 2.5 sec + cast !

I sincerly regret to have pre order the game, its out in 1 month and they have no clue how to balance spell, and they have only 5 class, not 20+ like some other action rpg…

1 Like

I run a hardcore necro in D3 and I don’t think my minions have ever died.

1 Like

Yeah, I expected Necro to get nerfed a little but they destroyed it. It is horrible fighting bosses now. And you killed the only class I wanted to play so i won’t be getting D4. Hope it was worth it, you guys enjoy

3 Likes

It’s not permanent.

Blizzard will keep patching and changing the game if needed.
The minions die to fast i agree ,from what i have seen on twitch.

I am playing a rogue during this server slam.

Blizzard reads our posts and listens to us.

that is exatly what necro is suppose to be you clown get items to make it possible

Kripp is burning down dungeon bosses extremely fast with necro minions, very minimal gear. Affixes for other classes, etc. It kills bosses faster than sorc or anything else.

Last Beta they were pretty OP. You could walk through a dungeon and let them kill everything and not have to cast. Now you can’t even keep them up long enough to kill some mob packs. Normal mobs just eat them up and using heal is useless. It seems that the buff also is no longer used to beef them at all when you use the heal. I went through 10 corpses trying to keep them up in Neyrelle’s Mother fight. Ran out of Corpses so did not have any to use corpse explosion. Died.

Tried to bone spear mobs and was doing ok but then ran out of corpses again when the last round spawn came and ran out of healing potions, Died

Respawn and they did not even make it to the boss because AOE killed them. Died.

Max out Skelton mastery they lived additional 2 hits. Bone splinters bone spear kill one of the bosses then no corpses to blow up. Died.

Quit game deleted the POS and made a rogue. Much better.

1 Like

you sound like a blizzard employee. typical blizz response. So they were too powerful now they’re dogsh!t. Why do we have to play the way blizzard wants us to play. Why can’t we play with a passive setup. WHO CARES. Not every build has to be button smashing break your keyboard and mouse gameplay

2 Likes

who cares if they were op early on, we have no idea how they would be later on. I can guarantee the beginning of the game is where the game will either keep or lose players. the start NEEDS to be fun. Not struggling to keep your stupid minions up during a boss fight when they die in 1 or 2 hits

1 Like

They’re pretty decent DPS if they have the legendary that increases the damage up to 40% the longer they’re alive. Probably pretty weak without that. And they should be tankier again.

While this is true. i believe they said… what you see now is what the first week at least… will be like

I do agree. I played one in the last beta to 25 and never got killed. I did spec mastery and also used other skills while the summons kept the mobs at bay. Now you have no summons to keep the mobs off you, so you get hammered.

They made minions utterly worthless. Anyone that wants to solo as a minion necro build is straight up F’d.

They basically get one shotted and you spend all of your time clicking like mad to raise new ones. The pit lord you run up against when you find Neyrelle’s mother clears all of them out in one shot. You have absolutely no chance at all of winning that fight solo.

Blizz definitely needs to dial back the nerf a bit. They’re not meant to be unkillable, but they’re also not meant to have zero survivability either.

6 Likes

Eh mine is doing just fine. I love my mages and their shadow damage. Bone is for cowards. Use Dot and curse builds. :slight_smile:

I reached lvl 20, still working on gear to test more.

With 3 points in skelly talent (45%) and using skelly defenders, they die in boss fights faster than i can make corpses (i use decompose as basic).

Skelly priest dont help to keep then up.

Many opnions here about a “passive gameplay” is nonsense… necro never was passive… you use curse, corpse explosion, and spells supporting your army. Just because you re not a direct damage build, dont means is “too passive”…

I refuse to play necro as a “dark mage”, the cool thing about necro are summons…

In d2 you can play skelly necro from lvl 1 to 99 and be effective. In PoE, summoner builds are very viable too.

If Blizzard dont revert this nerf, then necro will be like D3 (when released), caster style, perhaps using blood skills or bone…

If not revert, they need to buff alot passive skills or even make new passives…

Thats sad, we put so many faith in blizzard…

1 Like

You do not know what a necromancer is.

Yes i do… in special in Diablo lore…

If you like a caster style, good for you. I support this.

This does not mean a necromancer isnt a class that raise a army of dead, this is a core style of this class…