Why not create gold AH into in game shop?

I want it. So that makes statement that no one wants it false. I don’t do any trading today, but I loved the gold auction house in diablo 3. I had a lot of fun playing the auction. It was like a game within the game. A lot of people loved it, but there were some compassionate people who felt like it was this existential threat to their existence and ultimately they won and forced it out of the game.

MF had nothing to do with Runes.
Regardless of what patch - OPEN TRADING ruled the Drop Rate %'s.
Please lets not venture into you usual delusional and realm of bad memory and likely barely played mentality or disorder.

I’m in accord with you which is a rare thing.

HE didn’t design it.
He was ORDERED to design the game AROUND IT.
You think things exist in a vaccuum?
D2 was boatloads of DATA for countless games detailing exactly what people are willing to do in sadistically designed systems.
They’ll spend THOUSANDS in an RMT marketplace.
Hence D3 was designed for this with a built in system that set arbitrary price ceilings, took a 15% RMT cut and also a 15% Gold Cut which was then recirculated into the RMAH Gold sales.
Never mind the fact they could easily have been RNG generating items and injecting them directly into BOTH AH’s.

Regardless - D4 - RMT has been a plague.
There’s only 2 options.

1. Mitigate it with a controlled IN-GAME Trading Platform that randomizes search queries and is the ONLY means to trade anything and everything
  2. Make everything BOA

Don’t try to derail nor give a historical lecture on things you’ve proven to be utterly ignorant of.
And to think I agreed with one of the leading shills in the totally wonderful awesome troll society and he just couldn’t help but be their typical self and unable to discuss like a normal person.

You could always watch the interviews about D3 AH.

And I said prior to 1.1 before runeword powercreep. 1.08-1.09 will always be the best timeframe within the diablo franchise.

Yes but they were not atrocious to the point it was with an AH in the diablo franchise.

Not at all, I can look at the past and apply logic. There is even a reason PoE doesnt have one and PoE2 wont have an AH.

Again there have been multiple interviews from the developers on the damage the AH did not just tue RMAH. It “took away from the purpose of diablo which is to kill monster and get loot”

So only your opinion is right based on fantasy and not actual historical events. Ok. Sure. Im “A sHiLl”.

As usual taking everything out of context and applying your myopic viewpoint.

Carry on
It’s as pointless as you are lazy and useless.

Yes because debaiting on differing opinions you resort to name calling. :clap:

1 Like

D trade = Blizzards supposed supported solution for us yet again down right now with no end in sight for days. How is this better than an AH? Do we really want to make trade as painful as possible to make up for the fact everything is tradable? What kind of paradoxical view is this???

Pick a side and stay on it:

We have 2 options:

Make 99.9% of items tradable and make a way to do it in game with AH.
Go Back to D3 trade.

This supposed third option that ppl want with make 99.9% of items tradable and then make it as painful of possible so ppl dont do it is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Make an AH but a better one. No real money Auction. Items bind on purchase so no flipping. Maybe even limited sell slots so ppl dont just list everythang. Like 10 slots for selling and 5 for buy orders. MAybe you can use my idea to earn more slots. Might be cool.

The Case in Favor of a S4 Auction House :house: - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

I really hope they add a gold auction house eventually.

Open trading affects this, not AH. This situation is alive and getting worse. Diablo.trade is endorsed by blizzard and have a look on its pricing w.o regulations. Now D3 gold AH were less popular towards end of its life span due to price cap on listings and 15% surcharged.

Either official AH or bind items on drop except in parties. 3rd party trading is bad. Official AH doesnt get rid of 3rd party but encourages better trading environments. The RM issue is open trading, not AH.

1 Like

I AGREED with you and hoped to discuss and further the subject & topic.
You otoh reverted to your delusional …ah forget it. It’s pointless.
Keep playing forum champ, #D4Perfect as you do and never seeking to improve this game, never ever one single word of not even complaint or objection - never even the slightest negative…astounding, only gobbling up whatever rancid giblets the devs toss you like a good doggo.
Feast D4 forum champion, feast D4 hero.
As I said - useless to the betterment of this game or evolution.
Just like your name says - too lazy to get up to use the facilities. Too lazy to formulate your own opinion or thought.
It oozes from every pore.

“Bind on Trade”

ever since i’ve heard this idea the first time, i’ve always thought this is the best option.

it stops trade sites buying up everything since they wouldn’t be able to resell it.

it stops normal people from playing the tradesites/AH instead of playing the game since they couldn’t flip (which is often the most effective way to gain wealth, if the game allows).

it allows the average player to sell their good drops that don’t fit their class/build to get something they need.

obviously wouldn’t stop bots, but they would still exist even with no trade.

I think we both can agree that a lot could be done making RMT not run an AH. However should one be introduced the rest of the game shouldnt revolve around it which I believe would occur making it a very negitive experience for those who dont want to engage with the tool.

This I absolutely disagree with. Streamers and the such are plauges to the gamining community and well im not a sheep. I also have a view based on past systems.

We could also agree PoE is geared more towards the arpg player but even PoE2 has spoke about an AH. They also spoke about the game catering to a more casual playerbase.

Some find enjoyment out of playing a trade simulator game and thats okay. Its not what diablo should be about.

I’d love an in game AH… having to use 3rd party platforms is infuriating and the end result is the same. All inflation really does is make everything worth more and make in game gold sinks less impactful.

comments like this add nothing to the discussion or these forums.

Blizzard already made this mistake once with Diablo 3. Blizzard made the mistake of thinking ARPGs needed an AH because people were using 3rd party sites to facilitate trades, and trade chat was very time-consuming. They tried to make it more secure and to simplify it.

This was a noble goal. They really did mean well. It wasn’t about making money, but to give players a better tool to do what they were already doing in Diablo 2.

The problem was that they never asked WHY people were using 3rd party sites in Diablo 2 - There was an underlying CAUSE. The cause was that Diablo 2 had loot tables that didn’t respect your time, and Diablo 2 also did not have smart loot drops, so you could find a ton of items, and yet nothing would be an upgrade for your character. After so many hours or days of this, yes, you will seek out ways to either trade or buy items.

They realized that smart loot was a way to fix it. If you find your own drops and make them common enough that every player who wants them will eventually find them, then you have no need to look for upgrades via trade or an auction house. It has drawbacks - it makes trade kind of pointless - but it does solve the whole AH thing which a majority of players ended up hating.

There are people that like these AH/3rd party sites, but I don’t think they are the majority. If they were the majority, D3 would have never gotten rid of the Auction House. A large number of players really didn’t like how it took the joy out of playing the game, and then there was that p2w perception as well, that was hidden from people in D2 but was in plain sight with D3.

1 Like

just make it so the AH only unlocks at level 100. lots of “problems” solved. Although you can trade legitimately in game or discord or 3rd party site now, so adding an AH actually keeps people IN GAME more time…

Why make everything tradeable then?

Why go this route? Make it all tradeable and then make it impossible to trade it? Think how bad this is. Imagine the opposite way to show how bad this is. What if only 1 out of 100 items was tradeable but we had an AH? Would this be ok then?
This is preposterous to have this many items tradeable and no way to do it in game.

WE have to choose 1 path:

1] Make everything tradeable (like it is now) and make a way to do it in game = AH that learn the lessons of D3 failures = items bind on purchase, no RMT section, limited slots, ect

2] Go back to D3 trade (limited trade items earn in party)

WE cant have the 3rd abomination method (what we have now)
3] Make everything tradeable and make ppl use third party trash, potentially unsafe, slow, unreliable, and scam trader filled website

There will allways be “better” loot. With or without Smart loot. People who pay real money for items will do that with or without smart loot.

As long as there is “Trading” in the game people will pay real money. That is the way it is and the ONLY way to stop it is to have no trading.

Those 2 things are unseperateble.

Smart loot destroyed loot hunt in D3 and in D4. Change my mind.

As long as there is “online” in the game people will pay real money. If not trading, than they will buy boosting/powerleveling/achievments, even full accs and etc.

I don’t get 1 thing, why do you guys care so much about RMT in online game without any competiteve system? Do you think that this is RMT prevented you from pushing higher than pit 50 or being higher than level 70? /s

100% lies, why do you like to pass off your point of view as a fact, what majority? Did you measured it or what? Post with BOA demanding always get way less likes than posts for full open trading and AH, literally a multiple of less. So you are lying.

Why do d3 players always have that superpower to invent false facts, then present them as the truth?

This is at least a controversial topic, and at most, by indirect signs, it can be understood that the majority want good economy with right tools, but to say that the majority does not want AH is a direct lie.

Selling things overpriced NEVER works. Eventually the people who actually play the game, understand how much things are worth. So even if you come in and place something up there for a billion gold (Like OMG look it’s a 3GA, it must automatically mean it’s worth a billion)… The guy, and group of players who know what the hell things are worth are gonna come in and undercut that for 30 million instead, and ur stuff is just gonna sit there for eternity because no one’s stupid

We see this rampant in Diablo.trade

3GA= 200 million- 1 billion

However if you go in trade chat in the game… Most everyone will only pay 30-50 million for it, and then they laugh at you