Why no single player

Was wondering why i can’t play without going online. Diablo4 should be able to be played as none enternet or online.

6 Likes

Its is single player, you don’t have to group with anyone.
I have been playing solo and im now level 36 druid and 35 rogue

1 Like

I think the OP is more concerned why there’s no offline mode. An offline mode for the story mode would be quite helpful right now with intermittent server issues.

The endgame being online only makes complete sense. A lot more group and server timed events. But the story should be able to be played offline.

5 Likes

why should there be an offline mode? This is an ONLINE GAME and has been from the start. Having any sort of offline mode leads to cheaters, mods etc that effect the integrity of the game. There is PvP and other online aspects that are integral to this game and need to remain balanced.
If you want a single player, offline RPG then go play something else.

1 Like

As much as I wish that D4 had an offline mode, that’s what I’ve got D3 for. I don’t mind a new experience.

Because the online portions of the game are pretty pointless if you’re playing the story. All you do is take up server space that could be used for multiplayer and server based events.

Once you finish the story, that’s when the online portion kicks in. And people bringing in cheated characters from offline shouldn’t be an issue. The game should know what character and gear maximums are. Anything beyond that would be removed.

Just make WT3 and above online only.

1 Like

But it is an issue D3 proved that.

2 Likes

You clearly are too young to remember D1, which was designed as an offline game with the option to connect and play with somebody if you wanted to.

4 Likes

This is a new game with a new design philosophy. It’s not for everyone. If you can’t get over whatever an older Diablo game was like, then the good news is you can still go play those games.

1 Like

Honestly, offline versions of the game tend to have all kinds of duping exploits, so blizzard may have just nixed it all together because of that. Cause and effect i guess.

1 Like

That’s what I mean. D3 is a prime example of how offline edited/hacked gear wound up on seasonal characters.

Simple solution to everyone worried about cheaters.

Make it so offline characters cannot enter the online mode. D2R?

Yes D3 became a horrible cheating ground even on console but here is another funny thing, you can make the choice not to play with people that are cheating and can make the choice not to use the duped uber gear they drop which is not an issue here anyway since all loot is per-player and most gear cannot be traded anyway. Also reporting players would obviously be easier and have harsher consequences here. So I see no issues.

There are going to be cheaters no matter what you do, there is no game that people just don’t even try to cheat.

D2R did it right though. You can’t mix the two at all.

Yes you can refuse to play with cheaters but that doesn’t change the fact they could beat everyone on the ladder so cheating or not they were still ranked as the best because the system was broken.

If you don’t see the issue with that you may not care about ladder I don’t know but many of us do.

Any confirmed cheater would be removed from any Ladder or any other type of ranking.

There will be cheaters in this game no matter what, just like there are in every game no matter how many anti-cheat measures the devs take someone will get passed them and once caught they will be banned. This is a normal part of gaming especially with crossplay since 95% of all cheats start on PC and Xbox (Since Xbox can use Wemod and I would assume other cheating software).

No I do not personally care about any form of rankings but simply look at COD, Fortnite, LoL and all form of other competitive games. People are constantly being banned for cheating and any rankings they may of had are removed.

So no, I do not see how having an offline mode like D2R where the offline character cannot even get into the online mode would be any problem.

If they did it like d2r… which they won’t.

The only difference between an online and offline character in D2R is basically a checkbox in the files. Anyone who knows what they are doing and create a character using an editor and just check the “online” character box and boom now you have a op character with insane health, any items they want, without having to farm a thing.

If D4 had offline single player, people would be easily able to do the same.

And they would be Banned so what is the issue? How does this affect you personally?

You act like no one is going to cheat the game as it is without offline characters. It has been known for years that Bliz will not only ban you but revoke your license forcing you to re-buy the game to even play offline so I say let them risk it if they want it affects me none at all.

its actually quite the opposite, whilst always online it is designed to be solo, there are zero group making tools and effectively no chat channels. Its a heck of a contradiction, and I am hoping that it will change.

For MANY seasons the top 50 D3 players have had hacked gear in seasonal. NONE were banned. This has been going on since just season 3. So a very long time.

What makes you so sure their moderation on D4 will be any different?