I for one like it
Hope they never bring that toxic crap into game

32 Likes

So you can’t see people complain

25 Likes

Yeah I found this extremely weird.
No world chat.
No lfg chat.

How are you supposed to find clans and groups and trade without a proper chat system?

27 Likes

We have to use 3rd parties sites to trade and meet people.

3 Likes

just another form of censorship if you ask me

27 Likes

… that seems like a poor decision

11 Likes

So you cant talk bad about Xi Jinping

On a serious Note… I would love an improved version of what D3 had.

6 Likes

Because it’s not an MMO.

5 Likes

General chat is not needed this is not a mmo

8 Likes

Or… they could just make it a opt-in you know, so social folks like me can be happy too.

17 Likes

Im on the fence about it.

For one i see people running around everywhere but have not once talked to them, would love maybe a local chat area or just a main town chat where people can just hang out and chill. Dont need it in overworld, dungeon areas etc just main towns so you can form groups, talk, trade etc.

Even though there are people around, still feels like they are just NPCs

6 Likes

Yes the RMAH was so epic. Diablo 3 was so exciting during that time, with the possibility of getting huge money drops. Even casuals were making coin by just playing.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Twilight Zone where you were only allowed to have good thoughts and no criticism was ever allowed

“No comment here, no comment at all. We only wanted to introduce you to one of our very special directors, little Joe Shely, age twenty-six, who lives in a village called Blizzard, in a place that used to be social. And, if by some strange chance, you should run across him, you had best think only good thoughts. Anything less than that is handled at your own risk, because if you do meet Joe, you can be sure of one thing: you have entered The Twilight Zone.”

5 Likes

there’s a local chat but it doesn’t work. what is the point of it existence? it seems like something they just haven’t turned on yet.

people saying “it’s not an mmo it doesn’t need that” are just whacky. the game lends itself to grouping up with people but PUGS are essentially impossible because you can never communicate with anyone unless they’re already in your party. it makes absolutely no sense given the decision to make it multiplayer. It’s not really multiplayer at all.

The lack of chat makes 0 sense and I think it’s just not been activated yet.

9 Likes

After what you’ve seen on these forums you want a general chat???

3 Likes

I made a post about this exact issue. We need to be able to communicate.

7 Likes

oh wow chat DOES work… I just got my first response in Local Chat. I cannot believe how few people respond. It must be all the console players.

In theory I support a general chat…but in practice it would be a raging trash fire of gold sellers, and people constantly bringing up the “no no” topics of religion, politics, and political adjacent topics just to troll.

1 Like