Why doesnt Diablo have auction house?

It’s 2023 and people are trading through 3rd party already.

I heard people saying auction house will ruin the economy and game and generate countless goldfarmers but

1. There is no economy
  2. Game cost $70usd so countless goldfarmers would actually boost revenue for Blizzard (also work as deterent factor having to purchase game for creating account)
  3. People are trading using discords and other means having auction house would give blizzard better control
  4. Diablo traditionally did not have auction house. Well. It could have been technical reason why Diablo didnt have auction house back in the days but this is 2023. Only rpg style games that do not have auction houses are mostly mobile game if not all.

Is there particular reason why theres no auction house in Diablo 4?

5 Likes

Because most people dont go to 3rd party websites to trade, and adding it infame means even those few yellow items you find that are useful today will be useless. Diablo 3 tried it and it was removed for good reason as only perfect rolled items became meaningful when you found them.

Basically yellow items would feel like blue items today.

No, it will just kill the trading even more. Only valuable items will be 4/4 items and millions of people can see this. Big NO. Now, people can buy whatever they want. You can search for an axe, swords and other type of items. There is like 4-5 useful affixes and people usually selling them

1 Like

Open trading, a separate self found league, and an auction house would be an improvement for the game.
Only those that want to loudly taunt their overly boastful sense of self found superiority would denigrate others that resort to trading for items.

1 Like

Disable all trading including gold trading. Make an auction house and allow all items to be sold. You will either have to regulate prices or ban people who sell dumb items like chipped emeralds for millions of gold(aka RMT)

Unfortunatly, there will be always a market for such things, specially in games where people get easily obsessed

The auction house was the worst part of D3. I’m glad Blizzard learned this.

3 Likes

Are u okay pal ? Is that making the all items tradable ?

Why so you can buy your bis for you alts and stop playing the game sooner? Cause thats conducive of fun

Imagine the drama over the “shakogate” if there WAS an active Auction House…

It is not a thing anymore, likely never will, go find stuff yourself.

If you guys terrifying about the replayability then there is even bigger problem than trading. The game should be fun when killing the mobs. It’s a must. If you guys only enjoy character upgrading, go play Sims

Yea maybe it wasnt clear… disable all player to player trading… can only trade through the auction house.

Blizzard doesn’t want to help RMT’ers and gold farmers make money off their game. They want to make it harder by making everything much more easily available to the player.

because in diablo 3 was a disaster that work in PaytoWin Mode.

OK just take a look on it. Let’s say they hide all seller names in Auction House and there is no time sorting option. It’d be bad because that’d depend on being lucky. Let’s say they don’t hide player names and added a time sorting option. It’ll only makes trading even worst. It’s a really bad idea anyway on my eyes. In my opinion, current state is good. Not everyone doing trade so they can catch RMTers easier

I experienced a well done in game auction system in Bless Unleashed.

No matter if you create it’s own currency or just use gold, which would fit for D4.
There weren’t any shops or bots able to sale stuff to player because you had no chance to adress the item to a player.
You just go to market, look for materials or stuff, or gear and decide if you like the price and buy.
You just go to market, check prices or do your own price for the item you want to sell.

If you sell anything there is a random time hidden when item will be available at the market, so as I said, no addressing to other people.
Sales stay for like 2 days available at shop.
Everything about trading would remain ingame, no D2jsp, no discord or whatever.

Where is the problem with easy ideas like this.
10 years of development but thanks for this absolutely weird and broken trading system.

The auction house was the BEST part of D3. It’s sad that Blizzard didn’t learn from this.

1 Like

I really enjoy the concept of an in-game auction house. I think D4 would greatly benefit from it. It would give an alternative to the other options, salvage or sell. It would allow people to put great items in the hands of the people looking for them.

1 Like

yeah there are no weak points in putting the AH in this game, and we need badly cause respec a build cost 40 milions.

An auction house would be a really great addition the D4 game, however, to limit bots from proliferating and selling many items to many players, I recommend that the number of trades per day be arbitrarily lowered to something like a maximum of 5 trades per day.