Why doesnt Diablo have auction house?

So…you’ve not played many rpgs?

“give blizzard better control” when has this ever been a good thing?

An auction house would be too smart of an idea to implement in a Blizzard game, lately Blizzard has been lacking in talent.
An auction house is a good idea.

People are going to hate me for this, but I would take the opposite approach: All items should be account bound, maybe even character bound. Players should have to earn every item that they get by themselves.

And as a nice side effect, this would also completely shut down all trading through third parties, since there wouldn’t be any trading at all.

Effectively zero difference between adding an auction house vs letting us use the official Diablo discord to post items to buy and sell.

If you’re against an AH, you should also want them to remove the ability to trade all together so people can’t use the discord.

See my post right above yours. :smiley:

1 Like

Than they need to further reduce trade of rares and gold. 3rd party sites exist selling these items.

D3 did trading right after the removed the AH/RMAH but did most other thing wrong including the loot piñata participation throphy.

In d3 I didn’t like spending cash in the AH because it deliberately made self-finding totally worthless. Even if I sold something and made my money back, it was still a worse experience than self-finding.

Once they got rid of the AH I felt like most (if not all) of my gear I found myself, and I was much happier that way.

RMT invades everything. In d2r I can probably get a ton of bis or nearly bis items for like ~4 bucks each, and I’m not gonna lie, all that really does is make me never want to grind for those items. Meaning ultimately I will shortcut myself and play significantly less.

I personally don’t care enough for mindless grinding in d2 to not want to do just that, but I could understand how a company might not want that to happen, especially when they aren’t the ones making the money off the RMT.

The gold won’t be an issue in the future as most will have tons of it later on. The buying of rares might be for awhile, but I think with their casual approach that will eventually be stifled with new systems added to the game.

It’s 2023 true. But what’s the point with the date?
Do you mean, because of the years, peopl have become anything more resourceful? LoL. :rofl: Never.
Also, it’s 2023 and we are playing D4, not D3. Your argument is tainted by memories of the past.

Anyway, there are rumors the D3 AH was removed because the ingame real-money trade made the game into something to be regulated by gambling laws.

So, I would also agree with an ingame platform of trading.

But as someone already mentioned here, this would also make yellow items worthless and inflate gold prices, since you can have only the best rolls & have unlimited amounts of gold. (= economy broken)

An in-game AH makes it easier, but that’s just an alternative to third party tools like discord and forums for trading we have now. Perhaps some enterprising party might make a trade site similar to PoE if the hooks are there, but basically the argument of inflated cost is irrelevant; this is simply a factor of the eternal realm being persistent. The only difference is you get to jump through a few more hoops to see that 1,000,000,000 gold price tag.

Even if enough gold sinks are implemented to keep prices reasonable, what’s the difference then compared to offline trading?

Yeah because RMAH made me about $10,000 AUD.

It was good, i bought a new car off the money i earned playing Diablo 3 on launch.

1 Like

Tbh because humans are greedy ?

Be it in game currency or real life currency … nobody will use the AH to make the community better or improve the game , they will either use it to power-gear character and making more currency .

And the few that are gonna use it to help other out will just get their stuff bought by the above …

There’s way to trade currently , use them , no need for any AH or more trading support .

Open trading among players is a good idea and having an in game auction house is a good idea.

It’s probably because they haven’t decided how they’re going to handle trading yet.

Are they going to create an old fashioned, but familiar auction house? Or are they going to try and create a website like PoE which forces players to actually meet up and trade (Blizzard loves their social interactions these days). Or maybe something new altogether.

Whatever the solution is, they have many many fires to put out before they get to work on trading.

2 Likes

Just make all items tradeable and give us an lfg tool, I can find my own trades I don’t need an auction house. I didn’t have an AH in d2.

1 Like

I think this already does exist, the game has a trade channel, but it is off by default.

I had to leave local chat because of spammers, so I can’t imagine that trade chat would be much better.

I agree. Making all items tradable would be a great idea. An auction house isn’t really needed as we can trade just fine in D2R and we survive quite well.

1 Like

But currently there’s no way to trade my second Raiment of the Infinite to my friends that need one…
Only being able to trade rare items isn’t good enough, not when they’re level restricted to the level of the character that dropped it to begin with.
How am I supposed to be able to share items down to my other lower level alts?

I would like a trading Bazaar, something like the old Lineage 2 style. An active, breathing player marketplace. An AH is just so…meh.

1 Like