When will shop quality cosmetics be added to the game for free as promised?

I am curious as to when we will start to see the same quality of cosmetics that is in the shop in the game attainable for free as they promised before the game released. I just saw the absolutely ludicrous price of the Fathers Judgement package(Just shy of $90 CDN) and remembered in development they had said the in game cosmetics will be just as good as the shop. Going through the shop today it is 100% clear this was a lie. So I am curious, is this just another broken promise to add to the list or will there actually be decent cosmetics in game?

5 Likes

as soon as they add those wow tokens and power level boosts (legendary scrolls of exps) to the cash shop

LOL, not gonna lie it wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

as promised

I dunno… I dont remember them ever saying the free cosmetics will be just as high quality as the paid ones.

seriously, maybe I just missed them saying that.

also, theres a difference between “quality” and “flashy” or “fancy”.

technically, the quality is just as good since the freebies do use the same quality textures and models with the same poly-count.

thats a loophole blizzard will use for sure lol you know damn well they worded it like that on purpose.

They did when the cash shop was first announced.

1 Like

I use a dagger on my sorc not because its the meta but because of the mothers dagger has a poison dripping weapon animation effect. That being said, I am also the guy that bought the 99 cents firery weapon effect look in diablo immortal.

Im not sure why, but I like weapons that have some swirly/dripping/flashing effects on/around them

1 Like

My transmog is a mix of shop and ingame items. I think they have a good balance currently.

They did not say that the shop items were superior quality to the in game items, all the said was the shop offers more “variety.” "none of the Cosmetics sold in the Shop provide anything greater than aesthetic variety."

2 Likes

It depends on what cosmetics in the shop you’re referring to. Mother’s transmogs from Season 1 were the best. No doubt about that. And there was one cosmetic for the rouge (with a skeleton-like mask and hoodie) that was better than all transmogs for rouge in-game. Apart from these two cases, everything else is 100% subjective. For example, there is an in-game trasmog for necros that I find better than any transmog in the shop (except for the Mother’s one). Most of the rouge transmogs are fine, but the ones in the shop are definitely not better and many are even worse! Same goes for other classes. The two new transmogs from the battle pass in Season 2 are awesome on all classes!

I don’t see how they broke any promises regarding that.

2 Likes

thank you for providing that information. that is a bit different than OP is making it out to be.

I got you!

Left is in-game armor models they feel are high quality, and right are shop examples. This was August 2022 before release and not final.

The best-looking cosmetics aren’t exclusive to the Shop. Diablo IV will ship with hundreds of transmogs unlockable from drops in-game, including dozens of armor sets of the highest visual quality. There are incredible pieces—Unique and Legendary quality items—for players to find without ever going to the Shop. The Shop offers more diversity of choices, not systematically better choices.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/4Q0MJGT53TC31660609034248.png

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/S52JB8WHY6LE1660609035331.png

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/0MGX7PDDLJY51660609035392.png

So while they will have fancy shop cosmetics, they were pointing out that some of the in-game ones will also be what they consider fancy or desirable.

3 Likes

"The best-looking cosmetics aren’t exclusive to the Shop. Diablo IV will ship with hundreds of transmogs unlockable from drops in-game, including dozens of armor sets of the highest visual quality. There are incredible pieces—Unique and Legendary quality items—for players to find without ever going to the Shop. The Shop offers more diversity of choices, not systematically better choices."

1 Like

Thank you.

so OP is skewing what the devs said. Thanks to you and Avalon for providing the actual quotes.

so that was in fact not promised. nice job taking things out of context and skewing the actual quotes then.

nothing to see here. OP is just mad that there is something in the shop he likes but doesnt want to pay for.

1 Like

How exactly do you figure? Never said anything that would indicate I was referring to anything but aesthetics. The simple fact is the vast majority of the in game gear is bland, boring and has very poor aesthetics in general.

The best-looking cosmetics aren’t exclusive to the Shop. Diablo IV will ship with hundreds of transmogs unlockable from drops in-game, including dozens of armor sets of the highest visual quality. There are incredible pieces—Unique and Legendary quality items—for players to find without ever going to the Shop. The Shop offers more diversity of choices, not systematically better choices.

This exact quote you provided says EXACTLY what I just said. Again the first line: The best-looking cosmetics aren’t exclusive to the Shop. is 100% false. Nothing in the base game compares to the shop items no matter how much any of you want to try to defend them. If you think otherwise you are clearly blind.

2 Likes

because you are claiming the devs said something that they didnt.

so again, nothing to see here. you are just a troll skewing quotes in a temper tantrum.

They never promised all the base in-game cosmetics would be equal to the shop. They were explicit they they would NOT be. Dozens out of hundreds of the in-game cosmetics were what they considered highest visual quality. That leaves hundreds that are not the high end ones.

You may not like them all, but many of the armor sets are quite nice. So nice that some of the paid ones are just recolors of some of the ones we already have.

You seem to really be taking the original article out of context, either that or you just don’t agree that the nicer transmogs we have are high quality artwork (even if not your taste).

3 Likes

Never said ALL of them now did I? You seem to just blindly defend Blizzard at every turn. No matter how you try to spin it, NONE of the in game cosmetics(excluding battle pass) compare to the shop.

Okay got it have a great day. :sob:

1 Like

I already am and plan on continuing to do so, you as well. :rofl:

…there’s only one person in this thread that is “spinning” to fit their narrative :wink:

4 Likes