What's the point of end game?

Ahh yes. I’m sure not having pvp is the main reason ppl lost interest in d3.

D3 player count is ~38k as of yesterday, an 11 year old game.
D2r is just about 50k as of same date (using data from Player Auctions).

This is literally ever game in the last 5 years. Maybe even 10.

The barb video painted a bad picture of end game.

We will have to see though

Who is this nebulous ‘majority of gamers’ you’re talking about. The 20 angry people making 200 posts an hour about how much they hate diablo 4’s loot direction?

Glad they’re actually a tiny minority because I’d really hate games designed to cater to them lol

Seems to me that the game is entirely geared around temporary seasonal characters. Sucks to be an Eternal Realm diehard.

THAT is very true. Blizzard has very clearly decided the only audience they care about are players who like starting new characters every 3 months.

Some people will chase them just to chase them. I’ve never been a ladder player. D3 I just beat the game and was bored. D2 I still play sometimes and it’s mostly to keep farming better gear for my Light Sorc. Very few people will ever have all BiS gear for a light sorc especially if you consider charms.

It’s not like D2 is very hard at all after you get to a certain point either you just farm for items. The way trading is different is worrying tho.

Im sure as the game is accessible to more people, the time it takes to run through the campaign and hit higher levels will decrease. People always seem to find a way to optimize these things. Every single time. Im almost positive that someone will discover a way to get to at least level 50 in just a few minutes. It will be similar to getting rushed in d2 or pleveled in d3.

Once progression stops, the game stops. For most, they won’t grind until every single item is best in slot but when they plateau. Will players create Alts and do it again? Many will once but beyond that point, you will see a lot of players start to shed exponentially. It is going to take one heck of a lure in the Seasons to get people back for basically the same experience.

We will see how much of a problem it actually is when the game goes live but I would anticipate easily more than half of the playerbase to quit after S1 and never return. I would be surprised honestly if they game holds much of an audience past 4 seasons to be honest.

1 Like

The weird thing is that you assume they’re not expecting that and consider that a problem.

A large portion of any story based game’s population plays the game PURELY for the campaign and story. That’s normal.

they need to make max level harder to hit, or add some sort of prestige levels; like 5 levels beyond 100 that don’t add skills but add minor stats and mostly… prestige. Make them a grind equivalent to diablo 2’s last 5 levels to 99.

I got the ultimate edition, and wanted to buy every battle pass… but I am also a bit anxious I’ll have 100% the whole game on hc, and be moving on knowing I already beat it before season 1 even launches. That’s what happened to me with Diablo 3, I maxed every character in D3 on hardcore and was like, welp I guess we are done here.

D3 vanilla was challenging only because high ilvl drops needed to effectively clear act2 were locked behind act3+, and many drops were garbage nonsense.

Nothing prevents you from doing ND80+ with just rare items if you want challenge.

nothing prevents you from doing nd80+ with only 1 finger or 1 eye too if you want challenge. Great take man!

What’s the point of existing on this planet? Or breathing air?

1 Like

You completely missed the point. The point is that D3 Vanilla was challenging because we were limited by the drops. The mechanics of enemies (their attacks, movement etc.) weren’t difficult to deal with, but they just one shot us.

Maybe wearing just rares isn’t the best example. You can try to do ND80+ at lv70 when you first enter WT4, how about that?

Well honestly i think that game should give you challenges and it’s not you who should invent them yourself. But we’ll see, now it’s completly looks like D3 Ros late editions with candys everywhere but may be i’m wrong.

D2 had no end-game, unless your idea of the end-game is rinsing and repeating the story content.

1 Like

They can’t please everyone. If they make the overworld difficult they satisfy players who want challenge at every turn, but at the same time trigger the casual players.

So it’s really up to us to give ourselves some challenges.

The point of endgame is to have fun. I didn’t think that needed explaining.

3 Likes

What’s the point of anything?

1 Like