What happened Blizzard?

Breath of fresh air to the genre hahaha… every 50 reviews you find one positive keep coping… games so bad streamers cant even get paid to stream it because they would loose their audience

1 Like

Diablo 4 bounced off the back of Diablo Mobile…never forget.

You realize that was one of the main reasons why the game failed right ?

If they cared to make the game as opposed the viewership there would’ve been viewership (eventually), but they chose the latter at the cost of reducing quality in order to fit in the mold. Which in term is popular (but I’d argue at a declining rate)

Regardless, what is kinda self-evident is that same mold that fit the standard/legacy a/RPG games didn’t work (and arguably still doesn’t) for D4

Oh yea the main reason it failed is because a few professional streamers who play diablo for a living said the games bad hahaha… cope…

which is not difficult to do, NM 101…102 or Duriel 101…102, puts him with a barrier immune to damage for 5 seconds, the same should happen with the world boss, and he cannot die in 5s.

It’s because they want to seperate themselves from the iconic d2 team that ascended it all. Whereas ggg and ehg took the d2 format and remodelled it in a way that was their own but worked godlike before the d4 team wants to try be the innovators again and they really don’t have what it takes. They haven’t actually implemented anything new it’s all just a watered down version of the original

1 Like

Without the talent and creativity needed to pull it off.

2 Likes

no they don’t. why do people keep saying this. they lack a leader with a vision, strong leadership and competent devs.

4 Likes

Okay…challenge accepted. I’ve been playing ARPGs since 1998. I played POE since beta. I played D1, D2, D3, D4, and many more.

If you think D4 is better than POE by any metric other than graphics (which no ARPG players really cares about) then your out of your mind. You played it for a year? That’s your take. Did you even get to maps? Good lord.

He said he played LE for a year before the 1.0 release, no mention of time on POE.

I disagree with his verdict also.
If you like making builds, LE is a the superior game and you can tell that within an hour or two of playing it.
POE is dated compared to D4, but still superior systems, and I have no doubt POE2 will contend and surpass.

D4 has good animations and fluid gameplay, but there is no depth to making builds here. They do a good job of story telling over the others…but that only would matter if you did not plan to play the game after level 50.

2 Likes

Yea, the campaign was the only positive I can remember from the game… it brought literally nothing else.

But greed… greed all the way.

1 Like

That’s cause the baseline of the game wasn’t designed to be a build-first (or skill-first) game

If you take for example let’s say shotgun as a skill, other games (LE/PoE) would have things like:

• Penetration shot
  • Double barrel shot
  • Shoot explosive clusters on the ground
  • Ricochet
  • Bleeding
  • Armor & Shield penetration
  • Rapid fire but at a CD

What D4 has ?

• Anti-armor ammunition
  • Explosive ammunition
  • Blinding ammunition (maybe, if you commit)

The thing is - D4 gives the choice of “mechanics” that may or may not constitute and be an integral part of a skill… It does not define the skill itself… They define what you get (baseline/mechanic-wise) by using a “regular” skill (could be crit, fortify, barrier, MS/AS, CDR, e.t.c.)

I’d argue that is superior and better if implemented right. They came out with a system like that (sadly rudimentary and unfinished) and then rapidly started changing it under pressure of masses that didn’t realize this

“We call sell you a game for $120+ and MTX for 80% of the base game cause we are blizzard”

Joe Shelly seems like the ultimate conman incarnate.

I don’t even feel like he’s played Diablo 2.

When he speaks about Diablo it seems like ChatGPT wrote his script.

Not meant to be rude, just expressing my opinion

3 Likes

Rob Ferguson and Greed.

1 Like

Yea rob decided to destroy another franchise and somebody let him do it after the gears of war crap he did…

People need to know this, they refuse to understand. Gears of War, he literally destroyed and for what? Same thing we see here.

He is paid big money to lead and I am sure behind the scenes, he leads like a jerk. His goal, I DO NOT CARE, give me what we got nerds, and lets put it out. Thru slick marketing we will hit our initial targets. Then it is up to you all in the store to keep the shiny things coming.

Pay Wall: Paladin… It coming.

I will pay into POE2 to gain access to their beta.

See, I did not enjoy POE one, well I did a bit. But it became very evident to me, the game was in development so long, I played two seasons during covid. That game is about grinding currency. I loved their Dvelve system. Very unique.

AGAIN, old heads like me, Google it, the Blizzard North team, SOME are uniting, they promise an ARPG with major innovation.

Yea i spent a decent amount of money on PoE my first season but i think you need like a 500$ purchase or somecrap to get beta invite i love poe but dont get me wrong that 500$ marker is a complete joke in my opinion

1 Like

I read it was 30 bucks, aint no way I am shelling out 500 bucks… if that is the case… dang, I may be playing MLB the show all summer long then, hahaha

1 Like

Idk if you tried grimdawn or not yet but that game is a real solid arpg fix its actually becoming one of my top possibly

1 Like