What happened Blizzard?

Yeah people are complaining nonstop because they want a perfect game to live in, which doesn’t exist. I’d say they are on the right track and that Diablo 4 is set to be a great game in the end, and i am sure as hell getting my mileage out of it since launch as it is not bad already. This is coming from someone who had extensively played Diablo 2, Path of Exile, owned and played Last Epoch for at least a year before it was released. None of those except for D2 have a leg to stand on vs Diablo 4, although D2 model has shown its age even with D2R. Overall i would say D4 is still pushing the next gen of ARPG. All of the criers will see with time especially once the Vessel of Hatred expansion comes out. Crying from the player base has been an integral part of development for every Diablo game in history. It would be silly to overlook this.

1 Like

Yes wait till you see everybody leave when poe2 hits… poe2 with same graphics as D4 and better gameplay haha i think people are gonna be suprised… dont forget what blizz did to their overwatch 2 crowd… season 4 wont fix bad development

2 Likes

Sure i think PoE 2 will be a good game and I am looking forward to it but that does not mean that Diablo 4 will be a bad game.

1 Like

When poe 2 hits is when blizz will realize they messed up and by that time nobodys gonna care in my opinion… all D4 did was boost the sales of every other arpg on the market for everyone that bought D4 ended up buying LE and Grimdawn. Blizz definatly helped the arpg community tho by doing this

1 Like

It’s just about sales, if they can figure out a way to make billions within D4, they will.

For every 50 one star reviews on console their is 1 positive review. Microsoft should have let them be in my opinion… with ov2 and D4 being their top games right now they needed Microsoft hahaha

I will also say greed. I’m playing Helldivers 2, yes i know it’s a different genre but you can find the in game currency just by playing the game. Sure you can still buy some. It’s not even expensive. Iirc its about 30 dollars for around 2100 super credits which should net you probably 3 or 4 maybe 5 different armors. And the armors ACTUALLY have stats and passives. Can you imagine just PLAYING D4 and finding platinum in chests? Open a whispering chest and get i dunno maybe 25 or 50 platinum? It doesn’t have to be a stupid amount. Maybe no more than 100 platinum. You know?

1 Like

Man sign the petition so us xbox guys can play with yall fr… sony sucks keeping that game on playstation. We gave yall 4 mid games i reckon 1 good game for 4 mid is a good deal

Funny since my issues with the game mostly come from the fact it never ends, i would rather replay quality how it used to be, this endless grind that takes 70 hours a week to get anywhere is half the problem. I am playing way more than i should just to try and get items and upgrades and mats, it takes forever due to the dribble of forgotten souls i get unless 45mins a HT goes for, that time adds up quick to get mats, not only does it get boring but the time = mats is not great for us mere mortals.

I really don’t see how endless endgame helps anything, the reset is the best part, we should have had no -respec and re-rolling characters or making alts, Its not a mmo, there are plenty of those, throne and liberty is out soon and looks great.

I would rather a new game plus mode to play the content with a 100 plus with matched difficulty, way more than hamster wheels like D3 had. We have plenty to do for the average person, and if anything some of the loops are way too time consuming for minimal rewards. Arpgs are not hamsterwheels imo, and its the quality of the gameplay and replay ablitly and journey of a character that is important and items and gearing.
and real time action combat of course.

There is what 5 classes, make one of each every seasons that is more arpg than a hamster wheel, as in these games each class is suppose to offer a new experience, playstyle and challenge to master. If anything this is another major fault, its too easy to be good with all classes imo. the difference between class in d1 and even d2 was far greater.

So i will still have stuff to complain about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m right there with you. I play with the wife but she only can play it for so long. I’m looking for people to play with. I’m at the point where im tempted to buy my buddy a copy for PC.

1 Like

Ahh woole you did it again mate

Pretty simple. They just tried to import D3 legacy not in arcade clicker paradigm but in paradigm of ARPG. It will never work that way

And yeah let’s be fair - this game is already doomed. Anyone whos talking about good “foundation” of this game is extremly delusional.

2 Likes

I just got grimdawn im bouts to have some fun tonight fellaz

1 Like

Im starting to see alot less of you toxic deffenders here…

2 Likes

The Blizzard of old that made all the great games is gone. They were bought by corporations run by people concerned about immediate impact for the next shareholders meeting. Most of the talent left over the years too for various reasons, from simple retirement to scandals.

The Blizzard we have now has the people who can build on what came before a create a decent core game experience. But the corporate suits insist on wrapping it in a ridiculous monetization shell and turning it into a live disservice game. This tends to limit what the dev team can do or spend time on.

Live service has 0 effect on how crappy the base foundation is of this game… streamers wont even accept money from these devs because they dont want to soil their name with a product as bad as d4

1 Like

Activision did a lot of damage…
Blizzard never was the same again after this tragic acquisition.

2 Likes

I’m also playing that one. Summons are pretty good in that one. I was super bummed out when blizzard nerfed the minions on necro.

1 Like

When you’re planning at least 3 more expansions (I’m assuming, based on the big baddies), you can’t put all of your eggs in one basket. I’m not defending the company. I don’t think it’s great for players, but the fact that they have to come up with new, fresh content every 3 months and then an expansion every year? I think we should give some credit where it’s due. All of these rocks won’t be golden, unfortunately. We’re going to have lackluster seasons here and there.

Don’t get me wrong. When D4 dropped without so many of the features of D3, I was a little irked. When I discovered that the ‘end game’ is a chase for Ubers which many people claim they don’t need but have like all of them due to being farm pros or buying mats, I was more irked.

But you really can’t please everyone, can you? These game elitists are crying that it’s too easy because the skills are simple. Then you put traps in and the same people are saying it’s too hard, “arpgs aren’t about traps!” When they locked trade down for a while, the place was a ghost town because these same people could no longer buy their mats. It’s gotta be rough for them.

You’re not wrong. If you decide not to chase Ubers, beyond the campaign, there’s not much to do. Once you buy yours hundreds or perhaps thousands of mats and do your hundreds, maybe thousands of Duriel runs, of course there’s nothing else after that right now. I have people on my friends list that hit 100 and had all of their character’s Ubers in 2 days…to that, I say, how? Even looking at The Gauntlets, Top 10 players with only 1 or 2d of playtime wearing 2+ ubers, probably all hidden by now. Found one player with perfect stats on every piece of gear…strange stuff.
When you’re legitimately or illegitimately powering through content like that, you’re bound to be done in no time.

But I have a feeling that with more seasons and expansions, D4 will become what it should/could have been. They’re just staggering features. Like Apple staggers their tech so the next phone is attractive vs. the last.

1 Like

My top 5 (yes not a top 10. you GTFOH!)

1] greed
2] no leadership
3] no vision
4] no risk taking
5] no creativity

4 Likes