What happened Blizzard?

Really, how did D4 get so generic and boring compared to other action rpgs. Blizzard has all the resources they need and games they can copy or at least improve on ideas like they used to but D4 is falling further and further behind. I loved the campaign but beyond that its empty…

40 Likes

One word: Greed.

20chars

27 Likes

I second this. GREED

8 Likes

There’s a point in which a company becomes a corporation. Luckily for us Microsoft said “nah, we’re knocking you back down a few rungs” and made it a company again. Hopefully change will be coming but I doubt it will be for d4, maybe d5?

I’m curious, if you played last epoch, how do people not consider it generic outside the stash tabs and amount of useless items that drop, how does last epoch up the game exactly?

PoE… is just not fun.

I said this multiple times, if diablo 4 had a way longer end game… something to progress towards besides Duriel and nightmare dungeon 100, the player base would stop complaining

8 Likes

All the old blizzard guard is gone now it’s a different company has been for a while now

3 Likes

what happened ?

the clowns wanted to reinvent the wheel

so right now a godforsaken tibia has more polish than this garbage of a game

6 Likes

It’s simple. They are catering to the casual, very simple, easy to play, don’t have to think crowds out there and it’s working. Everyone that want a slightly more advanced game, that’s not a crappy arcade style game like D3 are slowly getting squeezed out of this game.

If season 4 does not come up with solutions and end game modes to keep me engaged for the full season (instead of just for a week) then many will move on to other things. But… that said, Blizzard still got that huge casual crowd out there playing it to keep the lights on.

1 Like

Greed and incompetence. These people that are making D4 do not play ARPGs. They have no clue what makes them fun and addictive.

4 Likes

POE and Last Epoch are far boring than Diablo series

3 Likes

It’s looking more and more like have little previous experience in this genre :frowning:

greed, incompetence…

A company without identity than it once was in the past. The company’s entire reputation was destroyed with Diablo 3, Warcraft 3 Reforged and now with Diablo 4. The more days go by, the worse the situation with Diablo 4 becomes.

1 Like

Joe Shely either doesn’t have a vision for D4, or his vision doesn’t coincide with D4 Community’s expectations. There could be other factors like the office politics or lack of resources to complete projects, but they are minor.

How did Action RPGs in general get to be so generic and boring compared to modern gaming?

I’ll just say it ^^;

3 Likes

Blizzard could stand to learn a few things from GGG and EHG, that’s all I’m going to say. A company once the leader and innovator in the ARPG genre has become well… The “Season 3” of the category. It’s very unfortunate.

4 Likes

Its almost like you agree with the 90% of players who dislike this game now? Weird usually your the toxic one but i guess its because more people in the post agree with the topic huh? Hahahah

Man crocodile dundy and jackie chan would have been great in a movie together

1 Like

Well this is what happens when you drive talent out of company and your number one priority becomes maximizing profit at all cost in shortest time possible.

When marketing people call the shots it all turns to crap as they have no idea what made the product good in the first place. Steve Jobs said something similar once.

1 Like

Hey that worked ? => Copy-paste

That worked also ? => Copy-paste 100 times

D4 had even a sliver of uniqueness but people didn’t like it, wasn’t “fast” enough and all the wrong possible feedback one could give :person_shrugging: :slight_smile:

And no, don’t think casuals even wanted that, it was the “pros” that did it

Yes, the messaging was ambiguous and required some intelligent reading between the lines but the devs didn’t bother with understanding and just “obeyed”

• Long and Boring from 50 to 100

=> Right, let’s reduce the length and increase density => more of the same, and more rapidly repeating the same = less boring, who’d say :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Most of the talent dipped on Blizzard years ago. What is left is basically lemmings and yes men to corporate greed. All in the name of “time played”.