What do players do on eternal realm?

While those were already on Amiga and PC, my first arpg was called gateway to aphshai on the Commodore 64 :blush:

Oh man im oldā€¦

As someone who has never done the seasonal thing in any of the series yet has played them all, I just canā€™t fathom retreading something Iā€™ve already done, like, multiple times at that. I also donā€™t play nearly enough to get bored of a character within a three month window. However baffling eternal looks to a seasonal player, well, right back at you, I canā€™t imagine ever starting over and Iā€™ll 100% play a different game before I do that.

yes I played gateway to aphsai also, I think i played 3 of their titles on my atari 600 xl.

Mamba! Asp!

Great Sword!

Nothing, thatswhy i uninstalled D4. This stupid rinse&repeat seasonal bs is the main reason why games like d4 are dead to me(althouth i love the genere)

A Mummy eeeeeeek

Wizard.

Giant bat lol

1 Like

dude!!! you know what Iā€™m buying right now?

(https://store.steampowered.com/app/1436930/Temple_of_Apshai_Trilogy/)

Temple I played too.

That times, those feelings, they will never come back.

It is a video game, it is not that serious or deep. It is for entertainment. The value is having fun with the new seasonal content.

Repeating the same basic game over and over again is not my version of fun or value.

Again, eternal has itā€™s fan, seasonal definitely has more / 100% lions share. The ratio of eternal to season plays is probably less than 1:10. So eternal doesnā€™t have as much critical mass and never will.

I get that. However, we are still a customer base that is marketed to and thus should be supported correctly.

I just wish there was enough Seasonal content to make a new character to 100 worth it! Season 4 had a lot of changes to the game but the storyline content was extremely shallow/shortā€¦ basically an after thought.

At some point the seasonal content should make it on to eternal serversā€¦ perhaps make the content a season behind.

All the server types are backwards. Eternal = graveyard for dead characters. Hardcore = play slow and safe and low difficulty you know SOFTCORE. BACKWARDS!!

I personally consider it a graveyard. Where your toons go to earn some rest and relaxation.
I think those who disturb this rest are criminal and donā€™t care about their toons welfare.

#ToonsHaveFeelingsToo!

All joking aside. Even in D3 where I played enough seasons to get my Paragon in the thousands, I still never actually used all that extra power by playing in the eternal realm. I just enjoy seasons. Itā€™s less about the destination and more about the journey to me.
And Blizzard understands this. It is why seasons will ALWAYS be a thing.

1 Like

Actually Eternal is where you do the same thing over and over, seasons have new things to do.

Whats in S4 that is not on eternal? Iron wolves with a spark?
Whats in S5 that is not on eternal? Tell me plz.

Season 4 made all the gear you have on Eternal garbage for one thing.
There are mind cages for Helltide in S4.
Eternal you are playing the same build/char you played before.
Why not play Elden Ring SotET?

PvP and getting perfect BiS PvP gear?

Thats generally what eternal is for.

Each season I work on getting better gear for my eternal barb.

Gear was handled exactly the same way on eternal.
Legacy items, had to refarm everything.

The mind cage? Are you serious?

True.

I think the eternal is for players that actually like the game and the gameplay. They are less after the grinding and busy part, where you have to get first at the finish line. One thing, it would be nice if the classes were balanced so that we could enjoy some pvp.

1 Like

Even in D3 season I was happy to find a perfect item one of my eternal chars was waiting for.

I mean, it is ok to have fun in season. I loved S2 so much.
But S3 S4 S5 i see no real reason to stop perfecting my rogue.

I have 2 S4 SC toons at 100, and 2 S4 HC toons at 100. Why do I need to play Eternal?
I also havenā€™t played in a week, and have had a 100, 91, 75, 55 toons die on HC this season.