Were you having fun?

Blizzard, in typical fashion. Full 10 days worth of invite only testing and you then do a 50-60% damage reduction patch on day 3 of the pre release? Are you actually all insane? This is an ANTI fun patch. Absolutely gross.

68 Likes

This patch is atrocious. Itā€™s so out of touch. Everything already felt pretty underpowered and now this. Iā€™m not sure what theyā€™re going for.

35 Likes

There goes my paragon build.

8 Likes

Itā€™s so odd for most feedback to be how weak everyone feels in most builds and their response to be to severely nerf the few things that are doing well.

21 Likes

I think glyphs were nerfed way too hard tbh

9 Likes

Patch notes: No fun allowed!

25 Likes

For good reason. Some of that stuff was absolutely insane. Iā€™d have gone even further on a few of them, starting with getting rid of the Exploit glyph, entirely.

5 Likes

Really? I am having incredible amount of fun

7 Likes

I hope the people who didnā€™t get early access see this and start canceling preorders en masse. Itā€™s too late for usā€¦but they can save themselves and maybe send Blizzard a message.

I was teetering on a knife edge as to whether I wanted to basically abandon this game alreadyā€¦I just read the patch notes and they screwed sorcerers (and everyone else) even more. I donā€™t know what screwed up philosophy is guiding them in the D4 wing at Blizzard but Iā€™m done.

And there will be no more good money thrown after the bad.

P.S. Of course the fanboys will still defend it.

EDIT: Hell they even nerfed treasure goblinsā€¦why the eff did they need nerfed??? 99% of the time they drop trash.

19 Likes

Obviously this

4 Likes

Yeah, Rogues were pretty squishy as is and now they nerf the only overall defensive skill weā€™ve got by half.

Way to go ActiBlizz.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s all that they have done since alpha. Every single build I have seen people enjoy or that I have enjoyed has been nerfed. Every patch is just nerf after nerf . The new team for diablo is trash.

6 Likes

Patch notes, git gud noobs

4 Likes

I really want to know what their logic is. I mean they want slow progression apparentlyā€¦do they think thatā€™s going to make people spend more time playing and buy more stuff? I mean my guess is it will just make more people quit, Gamers have changed and ā€œaint nobody got time got thatā€.

Or if you want to get more conspiracy mindedā€¦is this setting the stage for those totally not pay to win ā€œā€ā€œconvenienceā€ā€œā€ items that a lot of us expect on the storeā€¦like experience boosters.

2 Likes

My Rogue build got buffed massively lol. Small nerf on Dark Shroud but no biggy, the dps increase is welcomed,

2 Likes

Anyone have a link to the notes?
This is my worst fear surrounding ā€œLive Serviceā€ MMO style ARPG is the constant nerf bat.

Also they need to start handing out FREE ReRolls if they are going to micro manage the game like this.

10 Likes

There does seem to be a condition for D4 designers where they see difficulty, then DOUBLE IT instinctively.

If itā€™s not double the struggle, youā€™re not designing it right! I just did a dungeon where these charging guys would fly in from off-screen, and even if they tapped me with the end of their charge Iā€™d take 60-85% of my health in damage (85% was a champion version hitting me.)

Then thereā€™s packs of 4 of these guys charging in every direction. I didnā€™t die a single time somehow, but some monsters just seem stupidly overtunedā€¦or maybe my necro is just weak? Iā€™m aware necros arenā€™t ā€˜tankyā€™ (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a spec for it,) but itā€™s these random monsters that are out of the ordinary to make sure I know how weak my character is.

Not even going to get into my skelly mages trying to pelt an elite with the anti-projectile barrier, along with my golem and such attacking immune mobs over others; not sure any devs actually play a necro.

Sigh, I need to log out of these forums and just play. Nothing will come of my complaining.

6 Likes

Its not even this, its that every build that is actually has synergy and is enjoyable is getting nerfed. People are being punished for theorycrafting good builds, and it makes no sense.

13 Likes

They felt great fear that their endgame content will be done too easy and too fast.

Acting out of emotions makes room for great errors and overreacting unrationally.

The game is 3 DAYS old and reacting in this way and nerfing is nothing but acting out of emotions of fear. In three days they donā€™t have data to make just adjustments, no way. It was pure overreaction out of fear.

14 Likes

Yea this also sucks. Makes it so you need to keep a build super secret so you can try to find some joy.

3 Likes