We were expecting Diablo 4 and we got Diablo 2.5

It really seems like they went backwards here. They made all these same mistakes when they first launched Diablo 3 (repetitive content, “Nightmare” and “hell” difficulties, long and drawn-out walks to get from one point to another, etc.) Then, they fixed it all and made D3 the gem it is today. It only took a decade to learn all that.

Now… we’re back to Diablo 2 again it feels like. With a bit of Diablo 3 splashed in with the world tiers…

I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want to repeat the same content over and over and over in order to do something that resembles end-game not REPEAT-GAME. That’s the very reason I quit games like POE and didn’t like Diablo 2 as much.

Here’s to hoping they start fixing things soon and making this Diablo FOUR instead of a rehash all the mistakes of 2 and 3.

10 Likes

Everyone has their preferences…that said, I played Diablo III on launch and for a couple years after that…I enjoyed my overall experience but I haven’t touched it in over 5-6 years. I have no interest in going back either. Diablo II on the other hand, I have been playing regularly for 20 years. Obviously D2R was huge to me and I still am regularly playing that.

1 Like

Personally I got diablo4 and I’m pretty happy with what I got.

11 Likes

I loved Diablo 2 for what it was, but not for the repetition of the same areas, the same bosses, the same story for each and every difficulty (and there only being 3 was confusing anyway) and for each and every character and alt-build, etc.

Like I said… I really hope they fix the game eventually. Add more classes, make the tutorial areas skippable, make the storyline skippable and give us some nice end-game content like they did in Diablo 3.

is more like diablo 3 with a dash d2

5 Likes

It feels like they took a healthy dose of both. Doesn’t feel like d3 in terms of combat or boss fights, doesn’t feel like d2 in terms of qol and nice to haves.

I’m not sure if you’re being funny about d3 or what, but d2 has more of an endgame last time I checked. D3 revolves around greater rifts. D2 revolves around loot hunting, key farming, Ubers, diablo clone, and there has been a healthy small percentage of the game pop that works on pvp at the end of each season, but they only make up maybe 5 or 10 percent of the pop if I had to guess.

You could say d4 gives less loot than d3, but personally I enjoy that. Not everyone likes free sets and leggos.

2 Likes

D2’s end-game is doing the same thing over and over and over.

Which unfortunately they thought would be a good idea for D4 after that concept fell flat on its face in D3.

Yeah it blows my mind how I see repeated mistakes from 3 in this sequel as well. They unlearned everything cause those devs left a long time ago I guess. I guess we get to experience deja vu!

we didnt get Diablo 2.5 we got Lilith 1

1 Like

Nightmare dungeons are literally greater rifts. Am I taking crazy pills here?

1 Like

Diablo 3 is the worst rated ARPG in the entire history of gaming dude… There is no gem, there is approximately 5000 people playing a ladder season, it is only held up because blizzard can’t afford to lose face.
If talking about repitition then D3 is the worst, i don’t really know if you ever played PoE/D2? i highly doubt it.

4 Likes

Though i’m still doing campaign, i’m lvl44 so no paragon boards yet, but it feels more like early D3 to me, way too many useless affixes for my build so almost every item is useless, putting points on the skill tree doesn’t feel like i accomplish anything or that i’m getting stronge, just enemies getting tougher, a gear drops, bamm, instant power up, leveling feels like a drag, like in D3.

People like you complain after rushing through content that there isn’t enough in a game thats supposed to take over a month just to get to end game(lvl100). Sit down and wait for others to catch up, seasons haven’t even come out yet.

1 Like

Greater Rifts don’t have as much backtracking, have better mob density, don’t require running around on a horse to do new ones, and have a timed mechanic. Otherwise yes, so they’re kind of an inferior version of Greater Rifts.

1 Like

This is D3 itemization, with all the worst parts of wow questing, that you play on a world that looks like an overview.

This in no way resembles d2 or any Blizzard North creation. This is the product of corporate driven, hive mind, group consensus crap.

7 Likes

D3 itemization.
D3 loot 2.0
D3 combat resource generator system
D3 late game cuz Nm dungeons are literally Grifts with M+ affixes.
D3 gems now called glyphs.
D3 paragon system changed a bit.
D3 scaling.
… And etc etc

SOMEHOW in D3 fanboy brain it is D2.5

Anyone who played D2 could tell you that there is literally 0 D2 in this game exept Dark theme and some items with + skills in it.

You literally have no clue what r u talking about.

13 Likes

Those two things are contradicting each other?

+skills are very skill specific in D4 and tied to certain item types. They are more like the +%dmg skill increase on gear like in D3 but a little better.

3 Likes

D3 endgame is literally doing the same thing over and over again just like D2 just like D4.

2 Likes

this is definitely not diablo 2.5, diablo 2 was a great game that had certain pillars of design which simply do not exist in d4.

i just want to say im not commenting on d4 being good or bad, or d2 being good or bad, but the fundamental design of the ingame systems that keep the game working and the fundamental theory behind how you play the game are wildly different between d4 and d2.

3 Likes

I think what they “fixed” in D3 was a mistake for the most part so I’m glad to see things back to previous iteration. I swear people are spoiled by Diablo 3, now they complain and think D4 is backward…sigh.

1 Like