We dont want AH back!

Was not a single issue with the gold ah not a single one. Except that because of the real money AH you could actually see how they bought up all the real good items and sold them for real money.
That happens anyway. We just do not see it.
D4 does not need trading at all. It is only benefiting ultra casuals right now anyone with any kind of playtime does not have enough game to play without trade.
But if there ever was enough game to support trade there is nothign wrong with an AH. Sure as heck better than using 3rd party websites to do it. That only benefits kids who are in their cellphone as much as the game.
And d4 already garbage an AH could not make it any worse for anyone.

1 Like

flagged for trolling

An auction house opens another way to run out of content faster and encourage players to spend money on goldsellers instead of the in-game shop. You can imagine how Blizzard feels about this. If you are open to hearing the other side, you can read my post explaining the drawbacks of an auction house: Auction house in D4? Here are some major drawbacks
As you read through this, it should become clear why “just don’t use it lol” is not the answer.

Trading as an endgame activity may appeal to you in particular, but it is certainly not something that the majority of players are begging for. You may be surprised to learn that the small and vocal minority in favour of an auction house is just as large as those against it. Everyone else will use whatever content the devs throw at them.

I don’t think you need to worry. It was such a colossal mistake in D3 that I doubt they would ever dare even consider AH in Diablo again.

Like so many people, before they implemented it, I wanted it too - classic case of “you think you do, but you don’t” :rofl:

1 Like

No one is talking about a real money auction house. And yes we do want an auction house or some kind of venue to streamline trade.

I do think it would be appropriate to make a trade mode and a self-found mode though.

Anti-traders will of course stand against this because they know most people would play the trade mode. Because we all know that’s what most people want. Whereas people in favor of a trade mode have no problem with self found modes. We are not threatened by a minor side mode most people aren’t interested in.

1 Like

No. Not WE. You don’t want. It is your problem. WE need it back!

3 Likes

I want an ah but with loot balanced around ssf and not ah.

We?? Dont talk in my name THANKS. Trading or AH doesnt affects my game at all , its not like Raids which os locked out from me since i dont like to play in a party.

1 Like

I am very sorry but we need an auction house in the game.
Blizzard all they have to do is create a good auction house system.

1 Like

This take is so self-righteous. Like who are you to say how other people can enjoy the game? If its such a big deal for you, don’t use it. Pretty simple stuff here. What other people are doing in a video game should not effect your experience and it won’t, unless you let it. This is just another “EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY THE GAME HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE PLAYED” Karen who’s opinion can simply be ignored. Go play a single player game if you don’t like trading. There’s plenty to choose from. Then no one will bother you by doing something you don’t approve of.

I personally will not open the shop or buy the X-pack until they bring out, at the very least a blizzard made trading platform. Everyone else who feels the same way should also boycott the in-game shop. I won’t even click on it to claim that free $hit. Nope, not until they make something for trading.

I hear people claiming this. I feel like this is a mantra for people who think they understand an issue but they do not realy know what is going on.

Like people asking for lower taxes and believing it is easy to do.Cause they cannot comprehend the bigger picture.

To enlighten you.

1. People want to trade, not all of em but enough that you need a trade system.
  2. An AH is a safe trading space where people can trade without beeing robbed by hackers or cheaters oh whatnot.

:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1. People who do not enjoy it can simply ignore it.

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

4 Likes

AH is them most important thing right now. GAME NEED ECO AND TRADING.

You just can´t drop loot by your own now if you are LF for GA items…

Add SSF mode for players who don´t realize that.

1 Like

Trust me, If we had the real numbers. You would see the largest dip in active players for diablo 3 exactly when they took down the auction house. I know my whole group of friends quit after they pulled that stunt. I’m sure we were not alone. Blizz just won’t ever admit they were wrong. So they sweep these terrible decisions under the rug, fire the head of the department (or force them to resign) and then move on like nothing happened. It’s business as usual. This is how they have done it in the past and will continue to do it in the future. This way they never make any bad decisions from a shareholder standpoint. It’s the perfect safety net.

So now you must use atrosious 3rd site to be competetive. Well done :smiley:

1 Like

Seems to me It’s about 10:1 people in favor of adding an auction house. Just buy flipping through this thread. I also reported OP as trolling.

Well there are rumors that the real reason they closed the AH was not that people complained but cause they had several “Lawsuits” going on cause of it and that they where not making enough money with the AH to compensate for that.

People rather trade for Gold then for dollars apperently.

The AH was never an Issue. NEVER. I played a crapton of D3 pre RoS with almost 1600 hours on my barbarian and the AH was never an issue. Not once.

I don’t want an auction house either.

BUT online builds, guides, etc are starting to point to 3rd party sites to sell you stuff for money, buy items with needed greater affixes etc and this is also disgusting to someone who wants to play a game and not also do third party shenanigans to keep my characters relevant.

So please come up with something in the middle.

Vibrant economy keeps alot of people playing the game for longer. And that of course includes trading. IMO they should allow people to sell uber uniques and fully crafted/tempered/masterworked items too. There is no reason not do.

If you want to buy an item that is not tempered yet then you take that risk of the tempering failing. If you want to buy an item that is already tempered to your build then you have to pay a premium for that. It’s a gamble that you can choose. There is no reason not to have this.

Current trading system is awful, its like its 1999 again. At the VERY least they need to put up an official trading page on this D4 site, just like PoE does it.

You search for stuff > find something you want to buy > click a button like “whisper seller in game” > the button will instantly whisper the person in game with “hi, i would like to buy your Fractured Winterglass in Tab 3, row 5, position 4 for 500.000 gold” > get invited to party > do the trade.

This whole 3rd party and having to invite to bnet is all so super clunky.

3 Likes

Don’t understand peoples which tell “We don’t want…”. Who are “we”? You can’t answer for all. May be “I don’t want…”.

1 Like