Waxing Gibbous - Shred: Better than Pulverize?

I’ve been using Pulverize from 1-89. The game is refusing to drop one of the ideal uniques (Tempest Roar, Crone staff) no matter what I do. I’m kind of sick of Pulverize.

So that brings me to Waxing Gibbous. I’ve gotten a stupid amount of these to drop. Should I look into maybe swapping from Pulverize? Any Shred Druids care to chime in? Or should I just stick with Pulverize to 100 and then shelve this character, because it’s not looking like I’ll get one of the cool uniques to try out before capping.

It feels like playing flicker strike but sometimes you just get stuck with one strong mob and it’s suddenly doing no damage and you waste a lot of time killing it.

2 Likes

Good luck getting Tempest Roar, the drop rate has to be 0.00001% at this point. Shred builds can be pretty good but your spirit management will be the biggest issue. If you run out of spirit in the middle of a mob you are going to be in trouble.

I don’t know if complaining about not getting one worked, but literally my first NM dungeon just now finally dropped TR (after 8 Vasily’s). Now I guess I need to work on collecting a set of decent rare items to swap over…

All I got was 2 more Mad Wolf’s Glee back to back lol.

Shred is good for solo play if you are playing with friends you will have trouble with resource gain because no passive regen and everything dying unless you split off or go ahead of the group.

Still not found tempest roar or crone either. Got another mother’s embrace which is great for pulverizer spam on large mobs lol.

Single Target sucks though. Got a waxing gibbous a while back but last time I tried it without the helm it wasn’t great.