Vessel of Hatred should be FREE

Normally not the kind of person to advocate this kind of thing, hell I went to school to become a game dev (didn’t pan out but still). I get that these things cost a lot of time and money.

But if Micro$oft is serious about restoring Blizzard’s good name (booting Bobby at long last and getting Chris Metzen back was a good start!) then making D4’s first (and only the first) expansion free is the way to go. It’s not like they can’t afford the hit, and while S2 has gone a tremendous way to repair the damage, many still feel at least partially cheated and/or betrayed.

I know it’s unlikely, I’m not expecting it (there’s still the 2nd dev panel later today too) but if they really wanna excite people and try to get ahead of PoE2, make this first expansion free by way of apology for nearly destroying the game.

The good will that will generate will pay off in the long run, as people will be much more willing (myself included) to pay for future expansions when full confidence is restored.

60 Likes

i gladly pay 20 euro for expansion, not an eurocent more :slight_smile:

i payed for d3 RoS expansion , fine !
but what made me mad is that they later sold a necromancer class
couldnt belive my eyes how pathetic you can be to sell a class that should be in ros from start

yep. diablo 2 LoD bring you assa and druid

5 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
hahahaHAHAHAHAhahahahha

No.

Signed: Bob, I mean, Phil

Edit: but i have to say… if you got the Ultimate Edition on launch, you really should get it for free. Just saying…

11 Likes

This is the most ridiculous ask I have ever seen. You dont deserve a free expansion for not liking a game. No company is going to spend millions of dollars on a product just to give it away for free. Thats not how the world works.

28 Likes

Won’t spend a penny on this xpac. Not paying them a second time to MAYBE fix their game. Track record shows it won’t be fixed so we’ll be out of our money twice for no real gain.

11 Likes

Thrice. You forgeting Steam.

4 Likes

The OP is 100% right, the first expansion should be free. Blizzard sold us a product in early access and made us all pay a premium price to be beta testers for them. The rushed release was a greedy cash grab and Blizzard needs to restore the goodwill they burned at release. It makes fiscal sense.

They will make more money in the long run by making the first expansion free. A lot of people felt cheated by what they were sold at release. Those people will come back to DIV if the features and content that should’ve been included at release and are gated behind an expansion don’t have to pay a second time to get what they already paid for. More players means more battle passes, more microtransactions, more customers for the 2nd expansion.

16 Likes

but this is how the games works nowadays xD

they send out uncooked product and THAN they fix / patch it

because you know , battle pass and store items must allready flow !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree the expansion should be free, unicorns should exist, and the world should be made out of marshmallows so when people fall they don’t get hurt. Although that’s not the world we live in and it never will be.

When a company makes a product, regardless of how well their previous products panned out, it will cost the consumers money, or that company would slowly go out of business. Now you can dream about all of the things I mentioned previously, but when you wake up, you’ll have to pay money.

5 Likes

Sounds like they want people to get worms.

1 Like

Probably it will be put onto Game Pass with some kind of fanfare that D4 comes to Game Pass with VoH DLC release. So you have the option to go on Game Pass or buy the expac separately.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with this. I think Blizzard should make the first expansion for free to cultivate good will with the community. That said, I am not expecting it and I am not going to demand it like some entitlement. If Blizzard wants to do something nice like this, I would be happy. If not, I will weight the cost of the expansion with how much content is in the expansion like I do with every game or game expansion.

4 Likes

Though I would like things to be free, there are things I learned during the pandemic. I’d gladly pay for the expansion.

3 Likes

demanding the expansion be free is so ridiculous.

9 Likes

Purchasing to expect a free expansion sucks. They really should suck first.

1 Like

That’s a nice fantasy. But back here in the real world no company is going to spend years and millions of dollars to create a free expansion that they know millions will pay for. Players that feel they were cheated and have REALLY moved on are not coming back no matter what freebies are given out. Players like you who claim they feel cheated and don’t play the game yet are still posting on the forums five months later have the option to not buy it. Meanwhile the rest who are enjoying the game will gladly pay for it. Deal with it.

4 Likes

Lol, what an embarrassing take.

2 Likes

You should work for free

5 Likes

Don’t hold your breath…

1 Like

Do you not realize goodwill is an intangible asset that companies include in their financial statements? It’s not strictly about dollars when it comes to making a profit. Yes, they could realize more of a SHORT term profit by monetizing the expansion, but they could realize greater LONG term profits if they make it free.

Anyone who has taken financial classes can tell you the same.