Vessel of Hatred should be FREE

Odd…I remember Baldur’s Gate 3 not being a half-finished mess on release. Neither was Tears of the Kingdom. Those two games are viable candidates for GOTY. Don’t recall any massive problems with FF16 either. The only “Best of 2023” list D4 will make this year is in sales.

8 Likes

Do we at least get a full game for the 70€?
Like eventually. Before the first expansion.

And anyone who has ever run a business will tell you that they would never spend years and millions of dollars just for goodwill. It’s nice that you took a financial class, but you clearly have no idea how business works.

4 Likes

Why are you so scared by the prospect of a free expansion to win back customers? They sold, what, 11 million copies? How many millions of people would come back for a free expansion?

You think it makes fiscal sense to pander to the dwindling population after spending years and millions of dollars? I question your own business sense. Retain only the most desperate of customers with the absolute lowest standards or bring back millions of wallets they’ve lost… yeah it’s a real tough choice.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I’m not scared of something that isn’t going to happen. If you want to live in fantasy land and pretend that it could happen then be my guest.

4 Likes

Hello games - no mans sky

3 Likes

I completely agree like most people that it should be free. But we all know Blizzard is greedy and, for some reason, they keep getting away with destroying peoples favorite games but not sinking in sales so I’m sure the sheep will keep their stocks high.

3 Likes

id like a cheap xpack like any other gamer but i have a feeling they raised the OG price just so they could sell xpacks @60 bucks lol

sad thing is i think it would work.

1 Like

I don’t think it should be free, but when it domes out vanilla D4 needs to be in a good spot and the expansion needs to have enough content to justify their asking price…which we don’t know yet.

The game is scheduled for late 2024, right?

That means we’d have roughly a year’s worth of updates before it drops. If D4 is in a good state by then and the expansion content looks good, then I might consider it depending on the price/content ratio.

Even if everything looks good, I might still wait for others to try it first.

I’m not even sure FREE would get me to try it TBH…

2 Likes

It’s a 70$ game with an online MTX shop; It’s self explanatory.

1 Like

You all realize this is the same developer and publisher who squirts out a new CoD like clockwork, every year at full price, and hasn’t done anything much innovative with the brand in at least a decade…right?

See, the problem is some of you think Activision-Blizzard is a game developer, when in fact it’s a marketing company.

3 Likes

Vessel of Hatred should be FREE

Not going to happen but keep on asking if it fills a void in you.

3 Likes

the entitlement is strong here.

Meanwhile, the playerbase with a monthly income that dont cry over a few Bucks will just enjoy =)

4 Likes

If the expansion costs money, they will only have 12 active players.

i think ill bookmark this thread for next year just to see how many criers will buy it after all :smiley:

5 Likes

Make sure please before saying such things. The word active is thrown around alot.

I mean, good luck OP. Not happening, but good luck.

Also everyone saying that the game is dead as a doornail… Not… Really. The majority of the casual crowd that got the game at launch probably played for the campaign, put it down, won’t touch any seasons and won’t play again untill the expansion. They’re not on forums or Reddit or whatever and don’t know that itemization is considered to be bad or whatever. They just played their game with friends for a week and then dipped out. They’ll come back, get the xpac, and do the same.

Blizzard giving a free xpac isn’t unheard of it is highly unlikely the only 2 times I’ve ever heard of Blizzard giving free xpac is when StarCraft 2 went to the free to play model and everyone that owned wings of liberty was gifted heart of the swarm. And I believe all players where gifted wings of liberty. The second time I recall people getting a free xpac was when diablo 3 came to console, because when you bought d3 on console there was no need to buy the base game it went straight to reaper of souls.

1 Like

I wish there was a way like the WOW forums where you could look at their character’s accomplishments. Then you could know whether or not they are actually playing the game or just repeating what some streamer said.

2 Likes