Veiled Crystal Cost Too High

Adding some dropping from the Pit would be nice in addition to the reduction in price, I get friction, but Im currently stuck with about 8 items I cant temper or use the codex on becuase I have ZERO Vield Crystals

1 Like

I still not able to kill Uber Lilith as I don’t have damage as I lack of veil crystal to upgrade my gear and imprint the improved aspect. :roll_eyes:

There definitely aren’t enough veiled crystals. I’ve got all the other mats and am grinding for veiled crystals. I like the lower drop rate of yellow items but crafting costs need to be rebalanced around it.

Maybe you should farm qhere it drops thr most, helltides you get like 80-100 per helltide more id you are efficient. And this is without any salvage

The crafting feature is fine, you get temper and master just fine. What you are co.plaining about is you cant perfect all your gears in 1 day. There is 3 months in a season for you to do that.

It’s a common thing we are hearing. We will look at the data and feedback and will make any necessary changes once we consume it all if needed.

50 Likes

Hey Adam, could you fix the PTR BUG forum, it’s not working… can’t post there.

2 Likes

Report bugs in-game, at least that’s what I do. Made tons of reports already!

Open your menu while in-game and that will have a little ‘report bug’ button on the Diablo IV icon.

1 Like

No complaining because I have gear that is a LOT better if i could just put the right legendary affix on it / and or re roll it but I have NO mats to do so, the gear is stacking up way quicker than I can even attempt to get the shards, and that’s not even starting in on tempering, yea hell tides are nice for them but that gives me the option to upgrade maybe one item , again I get the friction, but I have boosted like 8 characters just for mats, I stopped doing so cause it resets codex progression and have maybe put 8 hours into the PTR , there are just not enough mats, I have about 8 items that are upgrades but , currently downgrades cause I cant do anything with them at all, and that’s with pouting 8 boosts into one character

1 Like

As you go up to WT3 and then WT4 the drop rate is very low. If you had 10 items drop in WT2 all rare, in WT3 it would be 8 rare and 2 legendary, and WT4 5 & 5.

The bigger problem is not being able to see if aspect about to be imprinted has already been equipped, i.e. not being able to see duplicate before imprinting

That will make things better but yes, the price is still a bit too steep…

1 Like

the cost should be much lower, we supposed to test this game faster, rather than farming crystals

I am. I’m just playing more than 30 minutes a day like you apparently lol

Everyone of my friends have said “without a significant increase to veiled crystal drops they will not be playing in s4.” I will be, but it looks like it’s going to be another solo season for me at least. Double or triple all veiled crystal drops, whether its a ground drop or a salvaged item or reduce the costs dramatically. Overall costs for a single character is tremendous and I want alts as well.

70+ dose feel bad. at 10+ for tempering and not getting the effect you want… over and over and over and over… I get it, 25% chance is 25% chance… but bricking two items getting the same unwanted effect 8x in a row is statistically very unlikely…

On the plus size the crystals seem easy enough to get and can stockpile fairly quickly. Just can’t upgrade every upgrade item… skip a few then upgrade.

My personal opinion on this is that the veiled crystal cost is NOT too high, just that we were seeded with much less veiled crystal than most people would have accumulated by the time they hit level 100. I routinely have around 3k veiled crystal by the time I am done leveling. Just adjust the seed rate for the PTR and I think it will alleviate most of the concerns.

When we first jump in we get those two sets of gear but then end up needing to imprint them all to get the aspects we want as they usually don’t match what’s required to make the build work. This also adds to the idea that we are crystal poor.

All in all I think things are working relatively well other than some annoying easily fixable bugs. HC also feels a lot better not having the cheat death elixir. Once I got the build online it’s feeling really good, even in higher pit levels.

2 Likes

I just came out of an NMD with 10 crystals total. The 3 rares I came out with to salvage didn’t even give me one. I don’t know about you but I’m not ready to grind a half-dozen NMD for one or two forging attemtps.

4 Likes

Just posting here to agree, the cost is too high.

I’d go with 50 as well.

1 Like

Thanks for hearing us.

1 Like

The point is what they have may work on live systems due to leveling. It is not working on this PTR, we are supposed to test things not grind. You can’t test if you don’t have the mats to do it meaning: Make a change for the sake of the ptr and revert it later for live if necessary.

2 Likes