Uniques look very good (Harlequin Crest)

Either one has a precedent. I have a skill usable in D2R because of a +1 but in D3, you had to have the skill unless the items grants the skill. I would go with +4 to all skills you have.

It still is broken even with only active skills.

nope otherwise +2 to all imbuement skills wouldnt grant every imbuement. Which it did.

For me the only question is, does all skill means all, or just actives.

yep especially for sorc. ā€œhey need more versatility in your build, here you go all enchantments on a shakoā€

1 Like

Naw, you guys are still playing D2. The 20%DR is going to be multiplied, not a flat boost, due to the fact that Armor, Resistance, and Fortify behave the same.

+4 skills is big due to it affecting the base damage before all the multipliersā€¦ But you are still rolling around with just 6 skills.

For a comparison, the Druid helm opens up werebears for Earth Key passive spirit Regen while allowing provocationā€™s overpower to affect Landslide, which has its own guaranteed crit + 40% crit damage - easily set up with the Pulverize stun. Waaaay stronger than +4 skills could do for werebears.

Iā€™m quite sure other classes have similar situations.

This is just for one build in particular for Druid. Doesnā€™t mean all druids will want that unique helm. Harlequin Crest will be the defacto BiS unless there is some unique helm that is way better for your build.

I know Barbs donā€™t have any unique helms besides the Harlequin Crest from what was datamined. Looks like Necro has 2 unique helms, one for a poison nova and one for bone spear. Both look lackluster compared to Harlequin Crest. Rogues have 2 unique helms, same one for poison nova and one that increases lucky hit chance against ccā€™d enemies which could be good. Sorcererā€™s have the same poison nova unique helm. The Druid has the most options for good unique helms. Vasilyā€™s Prayer and Tempest Roar are pretty good.

Like I said, Harlequin Crest will be the defacto BiS in most builds.

1 Like

yeah but the andariel for sorc is basically meh. powerful yadda yaddaā€¦ meh. uniques were glamoured as items which would make you want to redesign your build around those if found. but if with my sorc i ever found an andariel, iā€™d never do anything like that. iā€™d simply stash it for a rogue alt or souvenir, since that would be a basically useless item to me, no matter if it were a shock, frost or fire or multielemental build: it would steal much more useful place to some aspect boosting my actual build, not a totally useless poison something with absolutely no poison stat on my char ever, let alone redesign anything around it. too bad we canā€™t salvage uniques, thatā€™s the first thing iā€™d be prompted to do with such an insulting drop.

Andariels might be good for a Druid Werewolf build or a Rogue Poison build. Other than that, I agree it is pretty trash. Compared to Harlequin Crest, it is straight up sewage.

Yeah, that helm seems kind of overpowered and can make some nutty combinations with different builds that can make use of the skill ranks.

As long as the best uniques are rare enough. As in not D3 level where you can get any item you want in 30 mins. Iā€™d prefer if they are Ber/Jah rarity, or T1 Unique in PoE.

Some people will find them, but many wont in a full season. Proper chase items.
If they are not very hard to find then there is nothing special about them and just a box to tick.

I agree that the helm is too good, but I think the stats are locked, so it wonā€™t be as good for some builds whose skills ups are tied to helmsā€¦ Like conjuration sorc for example. Youā€™d be giving up +2 on your conjurations and a legendary power to gain +4 on utility and 20% DR. Itā€™s not as simple in that case. Otherwise itā€™s a clear BiS though.

If I remember correctly you can equip at most one Unique item at a time. If you equip this you cannot also equip another Unique item. So you have to chose what best fits your build.

Getting +18 to a specific skill from items is either not yet possible or very hard to attain.

Update: Correction (strikethrough) thanks to HunterKiller

You can equip multiple unique items, but not two of the same unique item. For example you canā€™t equip two Butcherā€™s Cleavers even if one is Sacred and another is Ancestral.

1 Like

Ahaa hereā€™s the catch though, not ALL late game items, just heads/helms

I mean IDK what else could helms offer but this one obviously has super high values for:

1. Max HP
  2. Resource gen.
  3. CD red.
  4. +X to stats (all stats while at it)
  5. +X to skills (again, ALL of them)
  6. Damage red.

What else could Helms offer more ?, Damage ?, this ā€œthingā€ has +4 to all skills, resistances ?, 20% all damage red. is like 20% all resā€¦ The really only thing I could imagine Helms offering is something related to Barriers or Fortification/Overpower but stillā€¦ The item is quite literally ā€œCapo di tuti capiā€ when it comes to Heads/Helms in game :smiley:

As for the ā€œAncestralā€ status, not sure what that means but I GUESS itā€™s a Unique with itā€™s unique power DOUBLED ? (i.e. 20% and +4 instead of 10% and +2)

That might be itā€¦ :thinking:

+6 to specific skills like conjurations, hence Shako is a dps loss for conjuration Sorc, but the added defence probably makes up for it.

Hereā€™s the big secret though:

The unique affix of that druid helm isnā€™t actually much different from Druid legendary aspects. Itā€™s not much different than any classes specialized legendary aspects.

Andariels Visage on a Werebear? Absolutely. There is a Legendary Aspect that causes Werebear damage to consume poison DoTs to instantly do 120-150% of the total damage. Andariels is a PBAoE and Pulverize is a PBAoE. Fits great. Does it bring more than the Shako? Well, it really depends on the real damage of that poison nova.

The point I am making is that the the Shako looks like BiS for everyone because you are still judging things by Diablo 2 standards. The Druid Helm has ZERO damage boosts, yet brings the Werebear druid far more damage than the Shako. The Shako is in-your-face powerful, but Iā€™m not ready to count out other options, including Legendary Aspects, because a build is the totality of all bonuses, not just the Helm.

It looks like itā€™ll be everyones way to go for Shako because it would be to difficult if players could play their wayā€¦ oh wait.

I highly doubt this, Lucky Hit 10-20% to apply poison vs +4 to all your skills including rabies/shred/whatever else applies poison, I would likely pick the Shako every time on a Poison shapeshift build . Unless Lucky Hit can get extremely high or that proc is insane amount of damage I just dont know if this will be it.

Go for it.

Lucky hit will likely be 5%-10% based on skill coefficients, so less than you think. However, how much are those +4 skills REALLY worth on a Werebear? Biggest boost is +20% on Pulverize, which brings it up to less than 3/4ths the damage of Landslide. But the main benefit of pulverize itā€™s not the damage itself, but how easily it overpowers.

If I was running ā€œAspect of Natures Savageryā€ and ā€œNatureā€™s Furyā€, the +4 skills from Shako would be a better option, since youā€™d end up using almost every skill. More chances to proc Andariels Visage, but the +4 boost on the skills would be significantly better.

Mandatory & BiS are not the same thing.

1 Like