Undercity: Wail of the forgotten investigate the abandoned home load screen freeze

have tried to uninstall and reinstall, same issue the load screen stays frozen forever no crash just keeps spinning the diablo icon on bottom right.

4 Likes

I was actually just about to make this topic. I’m also having this issue.

Same issue for me. I was thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling, but seeing as you have already tried this I guess that is a waste of time.

create the same here : Infinite loading screen entering abandoned house during wail of the forgotten quest

2 Likes

Same issue here. Tried reloading the game twice. Still happens.

Same issue here, I have tried to relaunch the game multiple times.

Same issue here. Tried reloading the game twice. Still happens.

Same thing happening for me.

Same happening for me

Same issue, cant prog storyline. Infinite load screen. REloaded game multiple times, unable to enter home.

Same issue! Scan and check files is not helping

Same issue. I’m on PS5. What is everyone else on?

Same. Had to ALT F4 to exit game.

have the same Problem. Thanks Blizzard. I cant finsih the mission …

After ALt + F4 I have to close the process in the Task Manager (diabloIV.exe also likes to switch to the Battlenet process tab (if so, just open the tab for it)), otherwise the game can no longer be started.
I’ve also noticed that once I’m in that loading screen, my CPU/GPU utilization drops drastically and there are no discernible changes in utilization after that.

hopefully they don’t need a thousand years to fix it again, with the prices Blizzard is asking for, a patch should actually come in 10 minutes, pure cheek.

For everyone stuck here. Log your character in, get into the game, log out out to the character select screen and change difficulties, then load back in and it’ll let you passed the load screen.

Seen someone else say it elsewhere and it just worked for me on PS5.

1 Like

I just ran into this now. I don’t know if what I did had any impact or if I was just lucky. For context, because I was about to give it in a bug report.

Issue: Priority quest progression, infinite loading screen when entering the
Class: Spiritborn.
Quest Name: Undercity: Wail of the Forgotten
Events leading up to the bug: I’ve spoken to where he chastises and then tells the residents that Ormus will find them a new home. After entering the cellar/dungeon I get an infinite loading screen.
Quest Region: Kurast Bazaar
Level: 46
Character name: BornOfWar
Hired Merc: Raheir (V)
Reinforcement Merc: Varyana (III)

Because I don’t know if it matters:
Helm: Spirit Helm
Shoulders: Hatred’s Heart of Apprehension (2 Socket, nothing in it)
Gloves: Archon Gauntlet of Falling Feathers
Pants: Duelist’s Adventurer’s Pants
Boots: Archon Greaves of Haste
2H Weapon: Reaper’s Jade Glaive (2 Socket, nothing in it)
Amulet: Dominion Chain of Recalling Feathers
Ring #1: Empyrian Loop
Ring #2: Empyrian Faze

What I did afterwards, I emptied my inventory (not equipped items). And then unequipped all my gear then I changed my main objective to something else and went in. And now here I stand in the cellar, naked as the day I made the character. I doubt it will, but hopefully this works for some of you.

1 Like

I’d rather stand around naked somewhere than wait a thousand years for a fix from Blizzard.

I’ll also test Priest’s suggestion straight away.

Thank you, I’ll get back to you soon and report back

1 Like

ah I have now done the following which led me to the solution instantly by luck.

-log out (go to the main menu)
-Disable crossplay and the other point
-Go into the dungeon

it worked for me, I hope this helps you t

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Worked for me bro! Nice job!

1 Like