Unable to Install Diablo 4 - Stuck on installation

Unable to Install Diablo 4 - Stuck on installation

• Clicked “Install” at the bottom left corner for Diablo 4
  • Window prompt Diabloe IV Installtion
  • A small Bnet loading icon keep spinning forever (more than a hour)

I have purchase the Digital Delux Edition

Kindly advice

Close the Battle App and reboot PC (make sure the app doesn’t auto start when Windows launches).

Find and delete the D4 folder manually, launch the app and try again.

1 Like

I have closed the APP, ensure Bnet login does not start up automatically.
There was no D4 folder and files to be detele
Restarted the computer.
Open Bnet > Login
Same situation occur, clicked “Install” and continue to stuck at the loading

1 Like

Ok, close the app again, this time around, open it with Administrator access. (right click on the app to see the option)

Tried that as well. Still the same

Wait for hour until an error message pop up

I have follow all the suggested solution, but still unable to get pass the loading

1 Like

I am having the same issue I can’t start install. Running as Admin. Beta build of Battle.net, fresh reboot. clean dir. What is the solution here?

Update: I was able to trick it into installing ex: high res pack on the same drive that battle.net lives on … and then move it to the drive I want it on. Not sure what the real issue is, but seems like agent permissions or such.

1 Like

I have also been unable to install Diablo due to repeated BLZBNTBNA00000005 errors. I would eventually get to the stage of choosing a file directory, but the download bar simply said “Waiting”. It has typically stayed like that for over an hour before the following error message appears:

“Whoops! Looks like something broke or crashed. Please try restarting the Battle.net app. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your computer. BLZBNTBNA00000005”

Unfortunately, the suggestions on the errors help page have not helped, nor has anything that has been suggested in this thread.

One additional note, trying to install Overwatch 2 has heralded the same results.

1 Like

Having same issue. Also tried uninstalling Battle.net, rebooting, and then reinstalling Battle.net. No dice.

Just opened a support ticket. Will report back with a solution if they give me anything that works. Would appreciate the same from anyone else.

2 Likes

Are you using a 5G connection, business network, or university network? These would throttle large downloads.

Hi Nicole, no, I am using my home wifi, which is currently downloading between 90-100 Mbps. No other platform (e.g. Steam) is experiencing this problem.

An additional note, about an hour ago, I tried reinstalling Battle.net but the install froze when trying to update the Update Agent. The Update Agent seems to have been brought up in every error I have seen. No idea if that is relevant, but I just thought I would mention it.

Who is your home internet provider?

As for the agent, it might be an issue with an antivirus since it just received an update.

I tried to start an install one more time before going on a dog walk and… it worked!

When I got back from the walk it was installed and ready to play. I have no idea why it wasn’t working and then suddenly worked - I didn’t change anything between attempts (aside from launching a support ticket).

I know that isn’t helpful for people still having issues, but at least it indicates that the issue is probably on Blizzard’s side of things.

Suspend your firewall the blozzard launcher doesnt like firewalls

1 Like

Some users (including me) are still having this issue.

I personally have tried uninstalling and reinstalling BNet, made sure my drivers are updated, and then restarted my pc, suspended my firewall and other defenses, deleted temporary files, but its still the same issue.

Okay, I have figured out what was causing my issues, but I am not sure I can say that the problem has been “solved”. In short, it was my antivirus software. Despite what the BLZBNTBNA00000005 help page suggests, configuring my firewalls exception list was insufficient to prevent the error. Instead, I had to uninstall the antivirus software completely before Diablo 4 would even start downloading.

So, the game is installed and playable. However, given that I now have the antivirus installed again and that in testing to see if Overwatch could now be installed, the BLZBNTBNA00000005 error occurred once again, I strongly suspect that any patches and updates for Diablo will probably not reach me.

Whether this problem is caused by Battle.net or the antivirus, at the end of the day, this issue needs looking into, especially as I have never had any issues with these two pieces of software interacting despite using both simultaneously for years. And again, this issue has never happened with any other digital platform (e.g. Steam, Epic, etc.), so something must be going on on Blizzard’s end, even if they are not entirely at fault.

Edit: I should also add that, yes, the antivirus software is completely up to date and has been since this problem started, as I am sure that will be the next logical question.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

My case is a little different, I have no antivirus to begin with, only the standard Windows firewall. So I had to disable everything in order to get even Battle.net app to install.

When I got in the app, D4 was downloadable, but took half a day and even then it only downloaded 26GB of actual game (but it looped constantly and used 250GB+ bandwidth). I’m now stuck at 99% and still not able to play. I even tried scan and repair, but it never got anywhere… stuck at 0%. I think I’ll just refund the game at this point.

I have tested updating my D2 and playing it, it was fine. So I think this is a D4 specific issue.

1 Like

I upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and that fixed it, pretty upsetting i had the latest version of wind 10 but it wouldn’t let me.

Hi, my issue is yes it’s installing but it always get stuck at 66%, then it’s not showing any progression after, even after few hours leaving it.
Deleted all data from battle net and tried to reinstall the battle net & Diablo but still the same>

My internet is good, well everything’s good.
do have any idea why this keeps happening?

1 Like

@Mytt same here, I’m stuck at that last 1% before the game becomes playable. I’ve tried 3 times already, 2 times with the high res package and 1 time without the package and it gets stuck at 66%. Antivirus is disable at all attempts.

I have another update, which will probably be my last for the time being. The BLZBNTBNA00000005 error is now preventing me from adequately loading Battle.net. All that loads is my friend list, but I cannot see my games library due to an endless message stating, “Battle.net Update Agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up…”.

While I could reinstall Battle.net once again or completely remove my antivirus for a second time, at this point, I have absolutely no confidence that this will resolve the issue long-term. I was so looking forward to playing Diablo 4, but I am tired of jumping through hoops trying to fix this error. Unfortunately, until Battle.net and/or the antivirus are updated, I think I will have to ask for a refund.

I hope everyone else manages to resolve their issues soon, as it sounds like there are a lot of bugs preventing people from loading this game.

Immensely disappointing.