Ultimate Skill Key

We absolutely NEED a designated ultimate button. We’re already heavily limited in our skill use because of controllers, but now I have to give up an entire slot to ultimate? I don’t even use it as a result…

10 Likes

I have side-buttons on my mouse, i’m putting my ultis there :wink:

I use middle mouse button.

If it doesn’t fit onto the skill slot then it won’t be able to be used.

What the OP is talking about is a dedicated skill slot for the ultimate skills. We have on PC the mouse buttons plus 1-4 for skill slots but the ultimate skills need a slot for them alone.

1 Like

how do you do that? you ahve to drag and drop the skill into slot and there is no middle mouse slot…

You can re-bind 1 to 4 if you want

??? the issue is not having access to enough skill keys, not which keys the skills are assigned to. unless I misunderstand your post.

3 Likes

I thought you were asking how to rebind and Diablo have been this way forever! I do think they should add a special ultimate key too tho’ it would help expand the flexibility of all the builds and classes in the game!

1 Like

Pff.

However bad you have it, Necromancers have it worse. TWO of the four skill slots are occupied just by the Minions.

I just earned my Golem … and immediately trashed it, because it’s not worth an entire skill slot. Until then, I was running Skeletons, Corpse Explosion, Decrepify, and Army of the Dead. I was building out towards a Shadow / Curse build, so CE and Decrepify are key skills (CE modified to the Miasma version, naturally) … and I’m not sacrificing that Ultimate to have a Golem.

2 Likes

It’s such terrible design. In waht world is taxing necromancer for using their class mechanic 2 skill slots make sense?

This is straight up terrible and makes the necro’s scaling absolute garbage.

4 Likes

I’d’ve been fine with it being just the one slot, honestly. I mean, it IS a thing you get.

But the golem isn’t worth enough by itself to warrant a second slot … and if I have to choose between 1 golem, and 5-10 skeletons, in order to use only one slot? The golem isn’t making the cut …

It seems that way, but necro’s defenses and direct personal damage are below the other classes specifically because of the minion summons. Who by the way, currently do pitiful damage on top of being much squishier.

Imagine a sorcerer paying a skill slot to get their enchantment procs, or a druid pays a slot for their blessing passive.

It’s inexcusably bad design. And boring, the game is already very low in amount of active skills you use.

1 Like
  1. Its not because of controllers, they have button combinations for at least 16 slots. You can already play MMORPGs with controller properly. Its simply a design choice by Blizzard, and many other developers, to limit the ability slots in ARPGs. Balance is most likely a reason or the fact that builds always focus on stacking the damage of very few skills anyway, doesnt matter how much options there are.

2. Giving ultimates a designated slot gives it unneeded special treatment and would most likely lead to a significant change of the game, because through that special treatment you will be forced to choose an ultimate and that needs to be calculated into the gameplay. If you still have the choice to not choose an ultimate, then the specific ultimate button doesnt matter either and could just be used as a seventh skill button and at that point we can also ask for an eighth or ninth one.

1 Like

“unneeded special treatment”
it’s literally called the “ultimate skill” my dude

3 Likes

maybe in an expansion we can get 1 more ability slot?

There are several builds that rely on not using a part of the skill tree. I do not use defensive skills for my Druid; my necro does not use Macabre skills. So, there should be enough room for your Ultimate. Quite frankly, unless you have really, really awesome cooldown reduction, you can only use it once a final boss fight. So, start the fight with your Ultimate, switch skills and move on.

Not really. Right now the ultimate is just another skill with high cooldown but strong effect (at least it should be that way). Its still on the same level as other skills in regard to how it fits into your build. I am currently playing a build without one and have theorycrafted some without them, but also have some others that do use ultimate skills.

The “special treatment” it gets right now comes only from the word ultimate, which confuses players because of ultimates in other games. Here it is just a word, on the same level as defensive skill.

1 Like

… except for the fact there’s just one, single level.

… except for the fact there’s only two, not three, upgrades.

True, but does that really matter? Its a strong skill with long cooldown (at least it should be), so it makes sense it only needs one skill point. The two further updates are also plausible. Its also plausible that you can only take one instead of all of them.

But its also plausible to just take one basic skill even though you can take more. Its also plausible to use them as one point wonders, because it doesnt make much sense to increase their small amount of damage.

i use 1 and 2 for 2 skills, and mb5 and mb 4 the other 2, tho sometimes i swap mb 5 for dash, but mostly i just use space for dash, and keep 2 action bar skills bound to my mouse, and 2 to the number bar. (i use a Merc stealth steel series gaming keyboard)