Ultimate Skill Key

You know the summon buttons do things right? They are literal abilities on top of summons.

1 Like

I dont know if we need a button for this. Originally, I did feel that way but not every build needs to use the ultimate. Im using a poison rogue in early levels and I plan on skipping the ultimate skill when its available (small chance I respec later for RoA). I do think skills need to be comstantly on the devs mind though because some are better than others, and each class needs variety in that they have different archetypes that are viable through endgame. Hybrid builds should also be a thing, and the devs need to think deeper about how all these skills interact together with synergy.

Druid gives up a slow for minions too. You don’t have to go that far.

Necromancers give up TWO slots, if they want all of their summons.

1 Like

Technically, Druids give up THREE slots (Vine Creeper, Ravens and Wolves) if we are to use your logic. Mages are cast from the skellies tab and Golem is the other summons.

this cud work 6 skill keys plus an ultimate skill key

for 3k platin*

*only 3 max on one account

1 Like

Since cooldowns on most ultimate skills is so ridiculously long (70s for the Shock skill) I’d even put up with the ultimate being available on the Emote wheel. Not required, if you really want it readily available use 1-4, but since it is only available every 2nd or 3rd fight in a dungeon it’s like I really have 3.3 or 3.5 skills slotted.

They do absolute jackall of use. The golem draining life when my priests are already healing him for 60% of his health per cast and he’s taking 25% less damage is just that, overhealing you barely notice.

And for you as a necromancer, it actually does very little coming at the huge cost of a skill slot.

How about a middle ground if game balance is really a strong internal driver; Dual specs with hotkey swaps (with a cooldown if necessary)?

As a Necromancer, it feels bad trying to fit an ultimate into the build. I like running in open world with the bone golem for taunt and grouping things off me and the other minions, but he is indeed mostly useless in some boss fights which seem to ignore taunts. Other golem abilities are contenders for sacrifice to make way, if I wanted to switch to a single target build for a boss, but I don’t want to rearrange my talents manually like that each time.

I am sure there are other classes / builds that would prefer a high mobility spec for 90% of a dungeon for example.

The game is still balanced even with hot swaps; I can totally do what I’ve described even in the middle of combat, but it just makes sense to have a dual spec at that point if certain encounters are optimized for certain builds.

My main is a Necro, just got to lvl 41.
I’ve yet to purchase an ultimate because of the long CD but may try Bone Storm since it also manifests around my golem.
As for the minions using slots it seems that’s for balance. I use defender and cold skellies and put points into beefing them up since I’m always solo. They do a fine job of keeping the beasties off me while damaging and freezing the opponents.

After playing more I don’t think we need a dedicated key. You don’t need an ultimate and builds are fine with it taking up a slot.