Uber uniques are the dumbest game design ive ever seen

Why are you wasting resources on making items nobody can use, these items literally dont exist for 99.99% of players, insanely stupid. anyone else getting sick of them adding more uber uniques that nobody can use? basically making content for nobody :poop:

140 Likes

The game does need chase items, but I do think they are too rare currently.

17 Likes

Wait for micro-transaction items that boost ur chance at finding them lol.

20 Likes

The uniques are made to put on dev accounts to sell to whales. That is all it is there for.

16 Likes

It carrot on the moon, i don’t know why are they even in the game, a really rare item to chase should be obtainable by a hardcore player within a 3 month season. But this crap you can’t realistically obtain them.

11 Likes

personally i like the idea of uber unique , i might never get any, but the idea of possibly winning a lottery-golden-ticket like item is very appealing to me.

i prefer that over EVERY items being common enough that tons of people have them.

i’ll play well enough without , they aren’t build defining after all.

2 Likes

For the people who want to farm and grind forever, uber uniques give them a reason.

If it weren’t for uber uniques there’d be no reason at all to continue playing at level 100; this game needs something that’s essentially infinite to cater to the people who want to make this game their life. It’s better than the infinite Paragon levels (bot races) in Diablo 3.

I don’t mind it but also don’t think Blizzard should invest too heavily into it.

2 Likes

Runes were chase items in D2.
Yet Zod had 1-5100 chance, while others had like 1-1500 or 1-2000.

Now, uber uniques have 1-800 000?

Whats the point of such item?

38 Likes

Shako Helm gives +4 to all skills, yep not build defining lol.
Vampgaze gives the only life steal in the game, yep not build defining. /endsarcasm

I would go on but the devs don’t know what defines a build in the first place. Hell you can make a build with only white items and call it a “build”. Its sad how bad this game is compared to what it should have been.

Edit: Inb4 the white knight trash says “You dont know what build defining means”, because they think that if its not part of the meta of the streamer they watch than its not build defining. 100% toxic white knights will say this.

9 Likes

Eh, there’s no current meta build that relies on either of those items; or any uber uniques.

I think you don’t know what build defining means.

6 Likes

do you know what build defining mean ?
both of these items are RAW power or survivability

Build defining is an item like the tempest roar helm of druid that is needed to make a build work as it change the very function of a skill by allowing it to be useable as a werewolf in this instance : and hence is needed for the tempest WEREWOLF.

or another helm for necro to make the bone spear an exploding AOE and so on.

so…yea the sarcasm don’t work on that one mate.
the uber unique are pure power creep, not build defining items: they just enhance the strengh of a build, not allow it to be possible due to change in skill function

“inB4” doesn’t work if you edit your post AFTER reading the post below showing how much you don’t know what build defining means :stuck_out_tongue:
you are the one being toxic, just read your post mate : calling people “trash” is the toxic behaviour.
build defining is about the change of a skill specificity nothing to do with streamers or meta…keep digging.

8 Likes

Rarer is fine…winning the powerball three times in a row odds is not.

9 Likes

Yes please tell me how your opinion on what “defines” a build is better than mine, blizzards, or anyone else.

Called it before you even posted that white knights like yourself will come with “you don’t know what build defining means”. Just go away toxic blizzard white knight.

3 Likes

you edited it AFTER reading them so i wouldn’t say “called it” …but well if you say so :stuck_out_tongue:
kinda childish eitherway and doesn’t have anything to do with white knight…

2 Likes

Typical white knight response, I edited it before you even posted a response but sure whatever makes you sleep at night buddy. It feels like I am talking to Singularity, Exiled, Hedorah, or the other 2 white knights on the forum. Go back to your cave its to early for you be be online.

1 Like

The only time you ever had a chance to have one of these items is to be online during 2 hours on the eternal realm pre-season when helltides were mis-coded lol

5 Likes

Just to touch on that, most build guides out there from the “reputable” sources have all their builds put together without needing the uber uniques intentionally. Can you structure a build around them of course, but no one does because of how very rare they are. So build defining they are not, build enhancing of course.

If they dropped like hot cakes would they not be in every build? If the answer is yes then they are build defining. You cant make an item that would be 100% worn by every person on the planet if they had one and say its not build defining. Sure some of the uber rare items are not build defining but shako most certainly is, vampgaze most certainly is.

1 Like

Been saying this every chance I can! I’ve even gone to Twitter (X) and said this multiple times there…

Increase the drop chance for Uber Uniques!!! It’s the shot in the arm this game deserves.

1 Like

Unbiased opinion from a pretty hardcore gamer who skipped season 1 because the game sucks:

They are NOT build defining.

Every build can work without those 2 items that you mentionned (andy visage and shako).

2 Likes