Twitch rewards?

Just try to watch a small streamer. Those are the people who love the games they play, and don’t do it for the money.

Yeah I’ve done that for another promo, sorted streamers by viewers picked one with under 5 viewers without a bunch of crap on their screen or a feed of their face, muted and afkd it for 4 hours.

Sounds to me that you don’t like streamers at all. And that’s ok, not everybody likes the same stuff.

It isn’t exactly free. Take my situation with WoW. I like to check out the lore and run through the raid each patch if I feel like doing it. Now I just watch the RWF and will check a YT vid for the current patch lore. Instead of Blizz making $420 every two years from me now they make $0 because of content creators.

Wondering if this means that you can watch and get the mount or does it mean that there are other rewards for watching just not the mount.

PezRadar

218 points·6 days ago

Just chiming to say we will have standard viewing Drops requirements as well. Not just this.

Yeah, be sure to get your kfc cosmetics too. Lol

Srsly? I hate that promotion too. Give some credits, not FOMO.
I wont participate anyway. After OW2 I stopped carying about any cosmetics

1 Like

This is ridiculous. Is anyone forcing you to pay?

That’s your own personal assumption that contradicts everything the devs have said. Comparing a mount skin to overpowered gear is a little far fetched, don’t you think?

1 Like

Is this really something we can do? I seem to remember you need to link your account to blizzard. Id think they would take the mount away and I don’t think it’s a code

I dont get why should I pay TWO streamers another 10 euro to get two skins.
Not long ago it was enough to watch the streamers to get skins, now you need to pay them? :smiley:

Do they pay 50% of that money to blizz?
Or how the hell does it work?
Why is it suddenly for paying them?

1 Like

Its an ugly horse anyways, nothing missed. Also you knew this game was infested with pay cosmetics, you seriously gonna refund over that!?

1 Like

The Premium Battle Pass is optional.

The Twitch Drops are also optional.

All cosmetics are optional.

2 Likes

Only zombie clowns would pay these streamer parasites for that trash horse. Probably best to just forget about it as the game will have a ton more (better) horses you can get without having to support the urine stream.

4 Likes

good for twitch user , i’ll simply ignore it and play like i would.

won’t change my life.
don’t get upset over it, otherwise you’ll get upset over every cosmetic you can’t afford or don’t want to pay money for
or any cosmetic you might have missed due to a tiny time frame.

they made you to missing out on something
in the reality

when you zoom you cant even tell your transmog or horse color
your titles doesnt matter since you can disable it

blizzard doing this for years
i knew people who bought star craft and not even played it
just to have some wings in diablo 3

It’s free? you just mentioned a big amount of money per hour but if your not the streamer your hour doesn’t matter huh?

Whining around for each …
Twitch is to support the streamers if you watch them. And has nothing todo with the game itself.
It is only a goodie not more not else when Blizzard gives a Skin there.
No MUST do do this… and it wont kill you if you haven’t this…

Can’t be arsed tbh, these gimmicks come off as millennial garbage in my gen x brain.

1 Like

You could always… not pay for it

but then you wouldn’t be one of the cool kids with that emote or pink pony pants

you wouldn’t have every single excessive cosmetic in the game

can you live with that?

It’s an emerging and increasingly predominant business model. And Blizzard are starting to tap into it quite a bit recently.

Basically, you’re the product.

Blizzard sells you to other companies for money.

WoW is a good example. Blizzard made a deal with Amazon. Subscribe to Prime and get a cosmetic item in WoW.
Blizzard gets money from Amazon, and Amazon gets new customers through the WoW playerbase by getting access to an exclusive cosmetic item.
So Blizzard sells its customers for money.
And they can do that because they can all but guarantee that a certain amount of players will pursue the offer.

They do it with twitch. They do it with Amazon. They do it with Samsung. They do it with KFC. And so on.

And there’ll be more of these. Many more.

As an individual you can opt out of this of course, but Blizzard are obviously taking advantage of the willingness of the general playerbase to pursue these offers. FOMO and all that.

Personally I’m not a fan. I don’t like the idea that a video game I purchase has so many strings attached to other companies that have nothing to do with the game.

But the trend in the industry is that the customer (you and I) become a product for the company to “sell” to other companies.

3 Likes