Twitch rewards?

KFC at least

(First Look At Exclusive Diablo 4 KFC Weapon Cosmetics - Wowhead News)

Yikes, twitch is garbage and so are streamers in general. They all seem desperate for attention and wanting some kind of validation and ā€œfameā€ for playing a video gameā€¦ or maybe they were just neglected as children or they want to get paid and have no other skills to contribute to society.

Itā€™s most likely a combination of all of the above.

6 Likes

which is on streaming community to support.

thats blizzards advertising teams job.

Players should not be inclined to pay $10 to Bezos (streamers dont take the full cut) if they do not care about streaming/streamers.

Just put it in the game shop like WoWā€™s mounts are. (where ppl can just buy it if they like it & u avoid all potential bad drama)

Idc about ā€œoptionalā€ stuff for free rewards (like playing HOTS for a wow mount, watching streams for x time to get OW items, etc) but when its tying a cosmetic to a different company? That is stupid as you the customer are being taken advantage of more than you should.

Iā€™ve bought cash shop mounts & iā€™ve watched some streamers so I am not against either just this implementation they chose is actually awful for customer.

3 Likes

some of them transmogs looks cool
i guess is not aviable in Europe ?

Not sure, yeah they look ok aside from the silly names, it could of been a lot worse

What IS lame though is like back in the mid 90ā€™s KFC was really great, one out of town was a buffet we would go to on occasion, was all fresh high quality, all the KFC Chicken, potatoes and gravy you could eat, reasonable price.

Anddddddddd fast forward to ā€œCurrent yearā€

As long as these cosmetics arenā€™t Twitch-exclusive itā€™s fine. Are they? Because if they are, then it really sucks for people that like the cosmetic but donā€™t watch Twitch and donā€™t want to start watching Twitch. Itā€™s very difficult to find anyone decent on Twitch whoā€™s not a clown, unless of course you mute it and put in background to farm the drops, but then itā€™s all just one big farce isnā€™t it?

1 Like

people in general doesnt like to be unable to get things, even if its stupid promotion items

there are allso type of completionists people who are (if from eu or dgaf about twitch) straight up cut off completion

when blizzard gave china some new year mount, we got it allso in EU shop

this is how it should be done,
but yeah, whatever

i cannot rage about it cause it isnt a mount i would love to use

so no supporting streamers for me. they should go to actual work
wont support kfc allso, i can cook better chicken at home

2 Likes

Forget contests, forget other players. A lot of people play for themselves with no regard to what others think of them. You see a cosmetic of your dream, and it requires for you to do an out of game activity that you hate (like watching Twitch) - this is quite a negative experience for such player.

2 Likes

Touche - Youā€™re right.
This is how they catch us.
ā€œI want it for my own personal collection, I feel itā€™s amazing in design/appealing etc, therefore I will jump through all the hoops to get it.ā€

Good point.
Thanks.

I never liked circus or being manipulated. But to each their own.

Youā€™d already accepted cosmetic microtransactions when you bought the game in the first place. The battlepass and in-game store have been known for months. If youā€™re against paid cosmetics, thatā€™s a fair stance, but it has nothing to do with this new twitch promotion

That being said, thereā€™s practically zero chance that theyā€™ll remove all cosmetic microtransactions. A game that will hopefully release a lot of new content, needs some form of income for doing so. Your options are either:

• Monthly subscription
  • Expansions (Less frequent content with these)
  • Cosmetic microtransactions
  • All around microtransactions (including p2w content)

Personally, I would probably go with the monthly sub. But I know that has itā€™s own flaws - it would put off a lot of players, and the playerbase would certainly be lower because of it. Potentially even low enough that weā€™ll get less content, hard to say.

Long ago, they decided to go for cosmetic microtransactions. Likely an expansion or two in the future, too

wow

i found it yes, they give an actual mount for paying 2 month subscription to ā€œchoosen streamerā€

what is the point of suport allready big streaming - screaming idiot like quentin

this whole situation is a cancer. and the mount should be in the in game store

2 Likes

Because itā€™s essentially free advertisement for the game? Streamers bring new players into the game, as well as hype up the game for already existing players. Allowing people to participate on twitch to get some cosmetic mount, is literally just a way for the devs to convince streamers to play the game, without paying them a single cent

Streamers generally donā€™t accept something silly like $100/hr to play a game, they want 4-5 digits to do so. Assuming even 10 streamers are in on this program, youā€™re looking at around $50,000 or more. Instead, theyā€™re doing it for practically $0

Well the ā€œIā€ was in quotes for a reason. The hypothetical ā€œIā€.
I - me - also agree.
It sucks seeing something gated behind whatā€™s considered unpleasant.
eg. I WILL NOT download a ā€œFast Foodā€ chain APP. I personally find this practice ridiculous.
I will not download an APP - period.(pre installed bloat are disabled or deleted to the best of my limited knowledge and ability).
I will not QR - ever.
Iā€™ve never subbed Twitch. I DO have an account I made way back in D3-RoS Beta. Never used since.

I understand about the circus and manipulation. Itā€™s been a field of study of mine for nearly my entire lifetime.

Justā€¦ keeping it light.

3 Likes

Its so silly to me.

Well I have some time to play the game myself today, butttttttt looks like I need to buy a 2 month sub and watch some rando streamer play it instead so I can get a horsey horse.

What a fun way to spend the day, WOooo! :rofl:

3 Likes

Justā€¦ donā€™t worry about it. It looks like crap anyway.

This is pure FOMO.

2 Likes

i would be cool if they gave people some staff/bow/axe transmog

but MOUNT ?
and this mount looks like the beast from act 1 mixed with zebra
we probably never get a mount looking like this anymore

FOMO i defeated it in lost ark and some other games
lost ark to the point i was laughning from people buying this silly stuff i knew bot ark will be ded soon

its just its sad its a mount

1 Like

I donā€™t get it. I really donā€™t get it. Thereā€™s thousands of video games to play. Tons of them are free. But people just want to follow the latest trend. Current trend is, ā€œIā€™m going to refund the game because the sky is blue. It should be red. The developers have to cater to my wants and needs since I"m the customer. And the customer is always right!ā€

2 Likes

You are acting like a child because you freak out about something totally optional that has 0 influence on the quality of the game.
You need to understand that Blizzard has to make money from Diablo IV somehow to provide the servers, develop seasons and extensions etc.
If they do it with optional cosmetics or season passes thatā€™s totally fine.
That doesnā€™t make me a fanboy. Just a logical thinking person.

2 Likes

I wonder what KFC will do with your personal data? Not for meā€¦Iā€™ll pass on this one.
Iā€™m passing on the streamers too. I donā€™t give out personal info to just anyone for them to package and sell.