Tripple shout too strong (?)

1. Not a barb main.

2. There seems to be nothing better than tripple shout by far.

3. Limiting this could be better for build diversity (?) What do barbs think?

Then why chime in? I’m not a mehcanic but would removing the A/C system save gas?

6 Likes

No, it’s not too strong. Only war cry really gives dps. Just a smart choice for most builds because of defense & what shouts can proc, but in no way overpowered. Barb has been nerfed enough thank you.

3 Likes

I see what OP is up to.

20 no good

Well … yes, actually.

5 Likes

At one point the said they were trying to make it so barbs didn’t need to have 3 shouts then the very next season the best builds had 3 shouts and iron skin. I personally would like to see builds that didn’t need all the shouts but right now the only viable builds have at least 2 and iron skin.

1 Like

only if you are tripple shouting at the devil or some motley crew

1 Like

If something is a smart choice for most builds, it is very safe to say that something is overpowered.

:100:

No, the shouts are not to strong.

it’s just that barb skills do no damage apart from bash and flay (also only because of temp) or ww for triggering dust devils.

so why would a barb use other skills instead of shouts, and where there is an aspect to shorten their cooldown.

the other shouts are for damage reduction during shout duration and become unstoppable. both things you need as melee class.

this is the same are the shields to strong for sorcerer, because every build using them.
or corpse skill for necro or (dash, concealment or shadow step ) and dark shroud for roque.

this skill are support skills which every build needs because they let you become unstoppable and gives you damage reduction and maybe a barrier or fortify.

ps: i normally use leap instead of warcry (both set you in the berserk mode).
when i play barb i want to jump into the crowd, it’s because of fun.

1 Like

Multiple defensive skills are necessary for most classes. Damage gets very bursty in endgame, and need as many defensive options as possible to have a chance to survive. Barbarian isn’t the only class with this necessity.

Sorcerer regularly runs three defensive skills. Druids usually run two, but would probably run more if they didn’t need the zoo with them for damage.

3 Likes

^^^ the zoo for damage…so appropriate.

Not the topic of this post but definitely needs to get addresses as well.

Someone’s been looking up build guides and only found triple shout builds. Popularity nerf? Don’t even know triple shout is the ONLY consistent Fury generator at the moment. Even Charge with Tibault’s Will have issues.

1 Like

I believe the zoo is getting addressed. Druid baseline damage is being increased, individual skills damage levels are being increased, and the legendary aspect that grants bonus damage per pet is being changed. So the zoo build won’t work to boost core skill damage, but it shouldn’t be needed anyway due to general damage increase.

1 Like

Zoo is addressed, the sheperd aspect in season5 just increases only the companion damage not the overall damage. so there is no reason to use it for werenado builds or pulverize builds anymore.

2 Likes

I think we need to nerf Sorcs. They are getting way to strong now.

Tripple shout is used because the rest of the skills are useless, also game designed largely for controllers and not mouse/keyboard which is why all the classes kind of play this way where they all have 3-4 support or cooldowns.

Maybe D5 will actually be a PC game (definitely not with microsoft running the show).

It’s about trade offs in slot usage, skill point usage, and being able to survive as a melee tank. Someone who spends 3 slots on shouts is sacrificing other skill choices/builds.

Having just played a rogue to lvl 100, Dark Shroud skill with Umbrous and Enshrouding aspects gives rogues major damage reduction w/out significant tuning of paragon and item stats.

I was thinking the other day what if shouts were random procs that happened in combat the way they do when you have Yen’s blessing boots. Not having control over when they cast would not be ideal but it would free up some skill slots.

i wish i could like this post multiple times haha.

1 Like

No, but trippple shout is definitely too strong.