Trading in D4. Does it even exist?

So they have restricted trading, but we can trade rares.

Imho there is zero trading at all in D4, cuz of loot 2.0 and other things.

Main question is: did anyone of you guys traded smthing in this game? Cuz there was tons of topics on the forums before release discussing trading in both ways.

I actually think that trade is none existense in D4. Never traded anything, never needed anything, dunno how system even work here and i’m already in 90s.

Please share your trading experience in D4!

Plenty of trade going on at jsp. Blizzard should make their own version of that – and don’t let wealth carry over season to season. Also no P2W – everyone starts with 500 of the blizz currency.

Nobody uses trade chat for some reason. Gold is litterally falling out of the sky and people won’t spend it on 750+ ilevel ancestral weapons for whatever reason

idk it looks like only boosts and some services are popular even on jsp. No real chase items and etc. I mean yeah someone list it but nobody wants to buy anythin :smiley:

Because there’s not enough room in the stash to sacrifice for tradeable gear, and because trading through chat advertising is the most tedious way to trade possible. It’s far far faster to just vendor stuff if you want money.

1 Like

I think the loophole with not being able trade legendaries is that imprinting aspects onto rares makes them legendary. You can even upgrade them to rank 4 afterwards.

mmm I think people are hoarding more legendaries than they need to be if they don’t have space for good yellow items to trade away.

1 Like

You can enchant them too. Something to consider when looking at yellows to buy from people. As long as only one affix is undesirable its a good buy.

1 Like

there was a video early in the week out of china that showed someone sold an end game weapon for a bunch of real money, so somehow they transferred it

You’re ignoring the rest of the post. It all factors together, it isn’t just the one thing. You asked why people aren’t trading and I answered the question. There isn’t some big mystery here.

No reason to be defensive about it. You can hoard that many legendaries if you want nobody is stopping you. I just think its unnecessary.

lol I’m not trying to argue with you whether the logic people are using is right or wrong, but that’s the logic they’re using. I don’t personally care about trading one way or the other, I always play SSF in arpg’s.

1 Like

Everything worth a crap is bound on account. What is there to trade?

Rares can be turned into legendaries and rares are tradeable. Often your best gear will start out as a rare.

i mean yeah you right, but with loot 2.0 system you got like 100 rares of each slot per level. And i highly doubt that anyone need anything. Besides that(as far as i understood) rares that drop to you always require you level. So there is no chance that it could work for trade.

While really well stat’d ancestral rares will be sought after and worth trading for… the fact of the matter is…what is there to give in return for the item that the seller (trader) would want?

Gold? Gold is infinite, while it is needed now, it is also very very very easily farmable. There is no other currency or commodity in the game that is highly sought after or wanted that could support a trade economy.

Enabling the trading of Legendary items, Unique items, and Aspects, would certainly help. But it still doesn’t resolve the matter of there is no high trade currency or commodity to help sustain a trade economy.

I also have a post on the topic here, that was having a discussion on the matter at one point.

There is no reason to trade in this game. Uniques and legendaries are account bound. Affixes are BOUND BY ITEM LEVEL BRACKETS.

For instance 620-720 is a bracket. You can have the following pants drop.

Cool Pants of The Bear iLvl 620
+27 Strength [24-34]

Fancy Pants of The Monkey iLvl 640
+30 Strength [24-34]

Level Pants of Leveling iLvl 719
+24 Strength [24-34]

Notice the problem? There ARE NO AFFIX TIERS WITHIN ITEM LEVEL BRACKETS!!!

The affix rolls you see possible ARE THE ONLY POSSIBLE AFFIX ROLLS FOR THAT BRACKET. There is no difference between 620 pants and 719 pants apart from the type of affixes themselves. THERE IS NO TIER SYSTEM FOR AFFIXES. A +STRENGTH AFFIX IS THE SAME +STRENGTH ROLL AT iLVL 620 AS iLVL 719.

If the 719 pants could roll higher tier strength (because y’know, they’re higher iLvl) then there would be more interesting choices to make and better itemization overall. For instance, it could have 3 affixes that are “okay” for my build but a T1 strength roll of lets say 80 [80-100].

It doesn’t work that way though. So after level 53 when you get all your sacreds with good affixes that’s it. You’re looking for MARGINALLY better gear at best.

1 Like

This is incorrect. There actually IS “affix tiers” between item power levels. I’m not sure of the exact item power level breakpoints that the affixes go up to the “next tier” off the top of my head but the information is out there.

2 Likes

Do you have proof?

All the items I have that are in the same item level bracket have the EXACT same possible rolls.

For instance, all pants have a +SINGLE_STAT of [24-34]. At a higher bracket, sure there is a high roll. But there are 100 ilvls of nothingness.

EDIT: I see what you’re saying and I mispoke in my OP. U right. I meant “within” item brackets.

Is this the latest troll tech?

Services are in high demand.