Trading has to go away

Why trading has a negative impact on gameplay

• Loot is balanced around trading, so it’s absolutely impossible to max out gear within a season if you don’t trade. 200h playtime → 4 Tripple Greater Affix (all trash) and 15 Double GA (most of them trash) - I think it’s good to have long term goals, but as a single player you don’t even come close to maxing out your gear. How many thousands of hours would you need for full triple GA items? 10k? That’s just way too crazy…

• Bots are ruining the economy

• Trading itself is just terrible and clunky as hell - it’s just so bad that you’re just not willing to do it. When you trade, you actively make the game much worse. Please don’t balance the game around the worst thing in the game.

• Focus on trade devalues item drops

Remove trading or add a SSF mode with adjusted drop rates.

33 Likes

First of all that idea is trash.

23 Likes

If you don’t like trading, then don’t trade. Nobody is forcing you to trade and there are plenty of games out there that don’t allow trading.

12 Likes

Why no optional ssf mode with adjusted drop rates? That way both groups of players will be happy.

7 Likes

Because I didn’t make the game :smiley:

its not worth to try arguing with those guys, just ignore em.
Yes trading is terrible in its current state, and yes it needs adjustments alot. And yes a second gamemode which u can turn on at char creation that turns off trade for this char would be nice, with or w/o droprate boosts, doesnt matter, we can deal with that later.

But blizzard is keen to burn down the house first before they change anything, so we have to be patient.

2 Likes
  • What BALANCE?Do you mean “Want to be the strongest=Self-esteem” or “Vanity=that doesn’t want to see others equipped better than you” :sweat_smile:
    I don’t care how many 3 GAs someone wears, I don’t care how many layers someone RUN the PIT. I can’t understand that someone else getting a “Luxurious” equipments to fight in the PIT200 has anything to do with me as wearing 1GAs to entertain myself in the PIT100 :face_holding_back_tears:.
    RELAX, if you do not trade, No one else can influence you.

• BTW, BOTs are crimes.

• Trading may destroy an MMO(or something like), but trading doesn’t make a “Single-Play” game worse, if you feel that trading is ruining your game, it should be that you are too close to those who are trading :melting_face: Enjoy the game by urself.

Although there is no specific mode, I do remember that this game can be played by rejecting anyone in a team to be “SSF”. However, I still support BLIZ providing a SSF mode, most people care too much about other people’s equipment and progress.

3 Likes

You totally missed the point .

4 Likes

Because they read but didn’t read.

Nothing goes into their mind somehow, it’s just gotta be d2 clone.

2 Likes

You assume there are poor drop rates just because of trade. There are poor drop rates just to keep people grinding as long as possible.

Right, but there’s no way they didn’t consider people trading as a part of balancing

you know that an ssf mode is supposed to further bring difficulty to your gaming experience? why should drop rates be adjusted for that?

how do you come to that conclusion btw? i personally dont trade gear, couldnt complain this season.

people talk here as if loot was something insanely difficult to come buy. Spend an hour in helltide, enjoy some GA items. No need to talk uber uniques either, those are pretty much common items by now.

2 Likes

What OP is asking for is BIS items within 8 hours of the season like D3. They dont need to adjust drop rates. I didnt buy anything and still geared my sorc in a good way. Is all my gear 3ga? No but if I wanted to continue to push boaring greater rift content I have room to continue to progress my character.

2 Likes

same, my gear is mostly 2 GA since like 3 weeks or so. If i wanted i could push forward (since the season still lasts for a big) but yea, it was the point for me to take a break. currently im playing just occasionally, waiting for s5.

No, that is not what i mean.

The right balance of droprates is just key for a hack and slay. When you have to spend 200 hours of gameplay to find an Item wich you are excitded about, it is simply not good for the game.

Yep, if they up the drop rates on ga gear anymore ill be done a season in 1 week. I actually got 4 weeks out of my main in S4 because of the current loot hunt.

1 Like

what specific item does anyone need to spend 200 hours on?

1 Like

Not true.

I dont have a single double or tripple GA Items with decent Affixes. after playing more than 200h. Thats simply not the right balance my dude.

how have you been spending your time in game?

Well youve just had bad luck. It happens in an rng environment. Maybe next season youll have better luck.

It also depends what your doing in farming items. Some areas are better then others. If I was farming items I wouldnt do it in the pit or nm id do it in HT.