Trading disabled because of duping is getting old

Feels like every season trading is being disable because of duping. When is this going to get fixed? If you can’t fix it then just disable it or switch back to D3 format. At least them you will eliminate the RMT that is rampant through the game that you guys can’t fix as well.

40 Likes

They can’t fix it, it’s inherent in the code. They can just slow it down. One of the traders explained why duping will never go away unless the devs change a core aspect of their code which wont happen.

5 Likes

It is fixed. Play the game and find your gear. Either Blizzards can throw away time and money trying to stop the impossible task of policing botters and duplicators or they can spend that time and money on the game.

As somebody who has a lot of disposable income and spent 4 - 5k a year playing D3 during the AH days I think the game is in a better place for everyone when everything is Bound to Account. I think people who argue for an AH are retarded.

9 Likes

Every ladder spot will be taken by RMT champions if they don’t deal with the bots and the dupers.

3 Likes

How on earth do you actually think it is fixed when they just announced its not and disabled trading because of it???

Already is.

1 Like

Stop trading fixes the problem. Everything should be self-found and Bound to Account. I could maybe see allowing trading for a very limited period of time between party member.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t be mats for these bosses to begin with and they should just make the system like D3. Eliminates so many issues.

4 Likes

They should just put the mats in the materials section. Problem solved. Mats won’t waste space and they will not be traded.
Of course there are some draws backs to that but I assume it would curb a large portion of RMT.

3 Likes

Not going to get fixed EVER. Someone will always come up with a new way to do it. So stop disabling trading. Learn from your past mistakes. And VOH will probably not bring people back like season 4 did.

should permanently disable trade so everyone can start their journey farming their own gears and appreciate every loots they pick up

4 Likes

I’m afraid that you’re in the minority with this. Most players want trading in the game and I would be surprised if blizzard decided to remove it. People who don’t trade don’t realize what a massive part of the game it is. I doubt the devs will decide to make 90% of the player base unhappy just because a few hundred people think it should be removed.

6 Likes

As a developer, I don’t understand why it can’t be fixed. Would be curious to hear the explanation.

I feel like it should be pretty simple. I would do something like a GUID for every item, have a function that checks both parties items for matching GUID ID after a trade. Just off the top of my head. I’m sure there is a million ways you could counter this.

3 Likes

I actually think you would be wrong. I dont think there are anywhere near as many trading as you think. Yes there are some but the process is such a pain that many wont even bother.

I think people think trading is normal and expected latimere.

Those not wanting trading i feel have a good argument but most people will want some form of trade or dont see why it should be restricted.

I know there are a lot of good reasons to say no, but i would generally agree trading is needed because stash is so bad.

Trading allows people to keep their stash manageable as long as they can afford to get the like item back from the general population when needed.

Go onto diablo.trade, or discord and count how many items are posted for sale in 1 minute then tell me I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Not saying to have none at all, do it like they did in D3(only those in the same party when the item dropped can trade).

First Discord only allows 1000 posts for each of those sections. Second yes bots can be quite active posting on sites. Last, reposting the same things by the same people for the same item over and over to be at the top of the list doesnt count.

1 Like

I agree most people want trading.

I just think its not an option when blizzard cant protect the gaming environment.

So want yes, practically speaking not an option?

While i agree for items that it can be done, but how do you check item id on something like a stack of materials or gold ?.

like D3 equals no trade. Nobody cares about trading among party members except D3 fanbois, It is not a trading.

They should just make 2 leagues with and without trade and those 5 percent who are against the trade will play in their own league. That’s basically all you need for this game.

Tired of stupid topics about disabling trade from the same people.

4 Likes

For that rather than an ID I would check the count in both parties inventories and compare to count after the trade. Just off the top of my head. No idea how they have anything architected obviously.