Trade economy doesn't exist, enable trading to legendaries & Uniques!

it will be more prevalent later as people chase the god roll rares to put their godroll aspects on

right now everyone is just equipping anything they can find

IMHO - Blizz should set a high monthly subscription, put a lot of items for purchase by both in-game and real life currency … push F2P looking scubs out of the game and enable developers to make good profits and recurring income streams so that they can re-invest in the games long-term content.

You need an item sink first.

The thing with making legendaries and uniques tradable is there is nearly an infinite number of items being looted by players every day and a even when just a small percentage of that are legendaries/uniques it eventually leads to runaway “item inflation” and eventually only “perfectly rolled” items have value and anything slightly less is just trash. This was a major reason the D3 economy was so busted a few months after release.

As a starter, Equipping an item should make it Bind on Account and untradable. Blizz should consider adding additional item sink mechanisms to ensure that valuable items don’t flood the gaming economy.

I agree. This is why they need to bring back the RMAH. It was so much easier to max my guy with that.

Simple: they’d have to lower drop rates for everyone because of that one idiot.

There’s already a game full of those idiots and all kinds of trader scum - it’s called PoE. Go play that one.

All item sinks get overrun by the army of bots.

This post probably has a companion “legendaries/uniques need to be more rare!!” post somewhere.

This of course being so that the average player can slog around in mediocrity while RMT scum just go buy their power from some forum somewhere from some guy running a hundred D4 bots.

No thanks, hard pass on that homie.

Legit just asking for botting and RMT, the only way a person could be more forward about it if they just came out and said, “please allow botting and RMT so I can just buy my gear”.

4 Likes

Nope. They seem fine as is. Nice of you to assume though.

A lack of ways to trade in game just PUSH people to third party sites because that is the only way to trade.

D2 only had lobby titles but at least it was something, D4 gives us literally nothing.

2 Likes

Well people go to jsp because it’s essentially RWT just with a middleman currency, not because trading isn’t easy. People are already actively using it and there’s not even much to trade currently, it’s just gold + carries

If you could also sell legendaries/uniques you can bet that there’d be a whole bunch of those going for $$ too

I heard about JSP and know the controversy, but the fact is trading is a fun activity for some. It’s a way to interact with people and community.

You guys focus so much on RMTing, which is still going to exist with the current system, that you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We need a way to find trades with players in game, it is a basic social function of a Diablo game and now those players will go to sites like that because there is no way to find trades, and that will just lead to more RMTing not less.

The other thing thrown out is free stuff for new players lobbies, friends you’d make, people you’d help, and the satisfaction of smartly trading yourself to a more powerful build using stuff you self found.

Saying every person who wants a trading economy equates to RMT as some in this thread have done is a lazy and dishonest discussion.

3 Likes

AGREE with you OP. Im really missing that trading economy that kept d2 alive for 20 years.

I just found a pair of frostburn gloves last night in d4. Cold sorcs would kill for those gloves. Useless to me. Big ticket item and i cant do squat with it.

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t go that far (though some people in the thread might be asking for trading specifically to RMT, idk), but I do think that the more things you allow to be traded the more likely it is for people to RWT

If you could trade literally every item then you can bet that we’d get a whole lot more farmers + bots playing with the sole intention of making $$

People who ask for trading are probably RMTers with the I am busy excuse so do what I want. Or they want to prop up D2JSP. Some probably XD

3 Likes

You would get a lot more trying, but that’s any popular game. It will still exist here. The only real answer is Blizz moderating their own game.

Which isn’t going to happen. They never moderated D2 (even bots were essentially allowed), they don’t moderate WoW… didn’t really keep up with D3 in that sense but I can’t imagine they moderated that either

If you allow trading, you will have bots and RWTers. It’s inevitable. I don’t know of a single popular online game out there that has trading but doesn’t have RWTers. Hell I play this relatively small MMORPG which peaked at like 300 players and yet we’ve still had RWTers in that game, I literally had someone message me on discord asking to buy my item because I had a relatively rare item

You’re right though, it does already exist here. Imo we shouldn’t be allowed to trade anything, that would solve the issue entirely

2 Likes

It wouldn’t. You’d just get boosters that let you afk while they clear out stuff for you or even people that log into your account for you as a service. There is not any true stopping it if people go that far and some will.

The idea that limiting trading of items eliminates RMT is false. It makes it less convenient. That is all. At the same time it makes it less convenient for real players and their friends and removes entire aspects of the game.

1 Like

It is because blizzard will not moderate their game is why I do not want trading or a AH. If they did moderate I would not have an issue with it.

We know historically they wont so trading needs to not be a thing.

1 Like

Less convenient makes it less common so yay

1 Like

This bothers me not at all.