Too much gold sinks and not enough gold

Not just mats and the pit. If you enjoyed a even mildly hard game, GG! 20+ levels higher Butcher 2 seconded now, legendaries and aspects rain from the sky, Affixes gutted down to print newly minted players out on a assembly line with main stat/MAX LIFE and 1 rando stat so you believe you made a gear choice lol

selling stuff with a terrible ui is definately not the solution, there isnt even a sell all button. one way or the other ur back to click every item.

whats terrible in the ui vendor? sell all button, k, yea, could be cool, but other than that it literally takes 5 seconds.

but what about the teleport to town and back, that takes time as well

This literally makes zero sense…

I need obducite, but I can farm T80 Pit… But converting legendary mats to obducite costs literally 20M+ gold…

By definition, you are being punished (or taxed) to be able to convert higher pit materials for lower pit materials.

Instead of pushing myself in the pit, I am doing T30s, for the basic masterworking material. This is a garbage system, and once you are on my level, you will feel the same.

You get 150K gold for doing a T70ish… it costs multiple millions of gold to convert down materials… This is absurd… and has nothing to do with “the season being new”.

5 Likes

I’m all for gold sinks and gold actually forcing you to make new decisions in order to earn more of it. That being said, it doesn’t make sense for it to be absurdly expensive to transmute materials, especially if you earned them at a higher level.

2 Likes

Yeah but my index finger getting carpel tunnel now…

I think many players have not started running pits at high enough levels yet to understand how imbalanced (relative to the rate of gold income from normal activities) this odd gold sink is.

PS, opening chests in pvp zone still a good way to farm gold in the current drop rates.

1 Like

because you don’t run pit 60+. way to miss the topic.

3 Likes

Yep. I started calling this the season of the Broke “expletive”. My clan also noticed the same trend. Never have enough gold now, even trying to hard target whispers. Also, I haven’t even gotten to the pit!

I get between 5 and 10 Million Gold every Whisper turn in. Gold is not hard to come by.

I personally am loving this version of the game!!

1 Like

Welcome to the D4 forum home of the newbies who have been on the forum for 3 days and know everything.

1 Like

It costs ~100M gold to full masterwork a piece of gear. You really want to do 25 sets of whispers for each piece of gear that you have??? This is good game design?

4 Likes

At what point does fully Masterworking a piece of gear just become something you expect to have handed to you? Shouldn’t you have to work to completely finalize a piece of gear?

Or wait. What if you don’t get the perfect roll on the final tier? You have to start over and oh man that’s so much work doing all that again. Better reduce the gold cost so you can teleport to the end.

Posts like these make me question whether people place any value on what they’re doing in this game.

3 Likes

The gold sink is really high as of now. I ran out of gold to fast in WT1 and 2 trying to lvl up potions, doing transmutes on stats, and so on. Devs you pulled a A World of Warcraft gold pricing in Diablo which is not in the same department. Do not mix your ideas and pull a fast break saying "Ok this is pretty good on the list of items when potions,crafting gems, and getting some desent before lvl 50 are about what 50M+ while lvling up the character. Remember most players solo play the ones that complain are groups that finish this season in 1-2 weeks then already have burnout and say it is too “EASY.” Well most of us don’t group up and like to take our own pace because I/WE have IRL matters. Anyways, as I have been reading many other posts and journalist websites it seems you only tend to your circle of buddies and didn’t even give the game a chance to evolve after day one. Yes I have already felt the change in Helltide Reborn the following day. So since it is meaningless to regular players that journalist must be right on Blizzard relying on a trusted person’s “Analysis” and calls that person an “Expert” if this game will keep on going this direction As Adam said it is an AsRpg S being a “System” well here is a Fact. The coach before Pat Riley of the Lakers also had a SYSTEM and guess what that made the team fail games. A System never works because as you see it today the community and the players will not play in harmony.

not 60+ but ill do so in a minute =)

https://imgur.com/a/ZGlWuqA

exactly. i mean masterworking for sure isnt cheap, but its literally the end game progression. this can, and should take time. its the first days of a season and people cry their eyes out.

lets just hope blizzard doesnt go for the early season whiners and just waits and eventually adjusts things mid season, if there is factually a need.

3 Likes

The game is terrible I’m slowly playing through the various content so I can have a good idea about how such a big company can produce something so bad. This not enough gold comment is ridiculous though. Earlier I spent 15 minutes in a Helltide vendoring everything. In that 15 minutes I made 9 million gold. Not sure that spending 15 minutes to produce between 8 and 15 runs based on your estimates is an issue. These types of posts make me question if the reason the game is so bad is because Blizzard sucks at making games or because their audience wants a bad game.

why would you do that? i mean, are you a streamer and earn money with such things? i mean in this case i could understand that. If not, you just like to play games you dont like?

1 Like

It is humorous to experience how bad and clunky the game is. The laughs are finally giving me my money’s worth.

i dont know many, it sounds like you dont make the best out of your life if you play games you dont like, but hey, you do you ^^

1 Like