Too much gold sinks and not enough gold

Having to run pits below lvl30 because the cost for transmuting pit materials from yellow to blue ranges from 1/2 to 1 million gold for a pit run at higher lvl really sucks. why is there a cost to transmuting pit materials?

40 Likes

Why not? Should it be lower? Higher? and why?

justify things with context.

3 Likes

didnt run into gold problems yet. only items i scrap are the ones giving an upgrade to the kodex, the rest is being sold.

5 Likes

You asking this, this way, only shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

IYKYK…

Also this isn’t a college essay. If you don’t understand, the OP isn’t required to break it down Barney style

4 Likes

this made absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

when u reach endgame and u flesh out ur gear with the right enchants mw and transmutes u run into major gold shortage, unless u trade. Which im refusing to do with this stupid third party trade sites and adding friends just for trading.

If they want us to trade, they should at least give us a platform ingame to make this process bearable.

10 Likes

How are you doing on veiled crystals and forgotten souls? I have been salvaging everything in fear of not having enough mats.

1 Like

no issues at all, there drops quite a lot from mobbs. =) especially since you stock up quite a bit while getting your kodex ready

which is false, as stated. especially in the endgame, you hardly have to scrap your items anymore, and can sell them to the npc for quite some gold income.

1 Like

Easy farming Hell Tides to rank 16 gave me so much of those i never have to think about them again for a long time

2 Likes

I see the gold problem but I don’t think I hate it, you have to make meaningful choices.

5 Likes

Downgrading mats from the pit is surprisingly expensive. Costs more gold than whisper cahces drop now. Especially if you have to convert two tiers. (And then easy to make mistakes given odd UI). It really should be free I think gold wise. Or as usual, drop lower tier mats at same time to stop TIME sink of running back and forth converting Pit mats.

4 Likes

The game is literally punishing you for performing at a higher level… Right now we are incentivized to run lower pit levels because conversion rates on in the millions. This is not a meaningful choice… its a chore. Or as Joey P puts it, its homework…

5 Likes

I haven’t made it to “end game” yet but from what I have seen/heard, gold is going to be in high demand as the streamer I was watching showed how fully masterworking 1 piece of gear to max, costs close to 100 million gold. I feel as if that is excessive, but as far as my experience so far, I just sell all the yellows and I’m fine for now.

1 Like

I probably haven’t reach the tier where masterworking gets crazy expensive, I’m at around pit 40 so far, I’ll find out tonight I guess.

The issue, is masterworking isn’t gated by masterworking materials, as they are easy to get. Masterworking is gated by gold, so the best way to masterwork your gear right now is to do whispers lol

So far I’m liking this. Less material grind and now gold actually matters. Happily sitting at “0” gold. Interesting to see how much gold it’s possible to get from trading once I find something useful.

The season is less than 48 hours old. Of course you do not have enough gold yet. You are not being punished for performing at a high level; it simply takes a lot more work than what you anticipated. You are way ahead of most people but there is still a long way to go…

1 Like

Sell some of your loot instead of scraping it. i’m at lvl 60 and gold isn’t really an issue.

i just came back last night, is whisper not showering you with gold anymore?

I use to salvage everything. But since these gold costs are so high now I sell everything except the legendaries. Those I still salvage. I’d also recomend not tempering or putting aspects on much until later levels because that is where a lot of the high gold sinks are.