Time to be critical of the game for its sake

Why would anyone actually take MM and media corporations weird justifications as fact for anything?

2 Likes

The devs sad the rare and legendary drops are increased during the bet and will have lower drop at release. I liked the beta but i agree that the game needs more time, atleast 6 months more.

The skill trees are extremely limited and restrictive.

An example would be doubleswings first upgrade wich grants you 15 fury if you hit an immobalized or stunned enemy wich kinda points you in a direction to GS. It would be better if that kind of uppgrade was in the third tier instead

I have played with different builds and tryed to do a ‘‘arsenal’’ build but there isnt much in the skill tree wich support that

i really hope they are able to make the necessary adjustments before release. i want to love it, i really do but there is just so much that i dislike about it so far.

1. open world mmo with no turn off option
  2. no reason to be in the world other than run to dungeon or campaign
  3. slow ancient combat, like a game from the 90s
  4. world boss with a timer to spawn and timer to kill. double whammy fail.
  5. pay to respec. oh my why must we go backwards in evolution.
  6. talent trees look bigger and better than d3 but are realistically smaller and boring
  7. stats on gear are horrible. never have i been wearing a basic item and get a legendary and be like is this even an upgrade. oh green up arrow, 8 more armor, must be. duh. zzz

after playing the pre purchase early beta and getting to 25 and then giving it another chance this weekend for maybe like 20mins just for the world boss i honestly have to say there are only 2 good things i have to say about d4:

1. nice graphics and detail
  2. nice character customization

i really hope they delay the release and can gather enough information and make the necessary changes and or adjustments because i, like many many others have been looking forward to this game since it announcement years ago. and right now i am just a deer in the head lights. i dunno what to think anymore.

1 Like

The gear comparison need the advance tooltips turned on for it to really make any sense comparing gear.

I agree with most of the rest of it.

It may have been fixed but, at one point the stop, fast forward and rubberbanding was so bad for one open world quest as to be almost unplayable.

We are drowning in MTX and battlepasses and subscriptions across many games yet they are still trying to raise the price from 60$ so how does it feel to have your argument fall flat on it’s face by using the game your arguing for as an example of its own failure?

I don’t know how old you are but let me put some wisdom onto you. In any business and with any corporation if they can charge more they will charge more. If you pay a high price they will sell it for the higher price. It’s not about what they can or cant produce it’s about what we will pay. Even some mega churches figured this out my man.

All that being said I have a feeling the current marketing schemes blizzard has been practicing are learned from their time in the Chinese markets. But that is 100% speculation. Honestly I just want my druid to have permanent transformations again and not be 600lbs :slight_smile:

1 Like

No idea why they don’t just use a sub system and drop all the MTX / F2P style money making.

Then there’s a very real and obvious feedback system. As long as people enjoy your game, you make money. As soon as you start making poor overall decisions, you lose players/subs.

Look at the fact that FFXIV is still using that system, and is one of the few games, not losing players.

The latter would be highly preferable tbh.

1. Gaming has to a large degree cut out the Retail middleman, so in terms of revenue, the ~$80USD cost back then is more like ~$56. Then you can add inflation afterward
  2. However, games also have a much larger market these days, so the comparison is not very useful.

:100:
Much better monetization system.

2 Likes

Diablo 4 makes me feel like the Matrix4 at the moment :rofl:

All the live features here sound like it will make the game worse, not better

1 Like

I think this is the first game that some how was able to put my friend & I asleep with the insane amount of repetiveness.

1 Like

lol from your post im can tell you never played any diablo game at launch. D2 didnt get great till LoD D3 didnt get good till RoS its how this game is dont like to play it after the first exp pack

if you say so :slight_smile:

you can tell.

Okay, ballsMcGriff. I can tell by your name that you’re an 13 year old child who failed English class.

I played D2 the second it came out. I was 15 and my older brother bought it and when he wasn’t on it, I played the life out of it. I also played D3 at launch. I spent $5 on Echoing Fury mace so I could clear stuff faster on my monk when the RMAH was open. Not proud of it, but I was there.

I remember LoD being a huge upgrade. And yes, D3 was really kinda awful until RoS.

That’s why I’m saying to add some more time in development. There is generally negative feedback on the forums and elsewhere.

Connectivity, lag, stuttering, GPU/CPU usage, class balance, item balance, system issues, gameplay issues, design issues…you name it. It has the full gambit of problems.

I agree with the rubberbanding issue. Especially in this 2nd beta amd the cellars. But thats it.

Its a beta. We are lvl 25 which honestly is nothing. The legendary drop rate was increased for the beta to test it out.
The mainstory feels fine so far. Im curious how they intend to go on with it.
I wished a little more complexity with skills in terms like lost ark. Or maybe boss battles like Brelshaza in Lost Ark. But maybe we get them.
The sidequests are mostly good written even tho they could offer a little more xp. Grinding packs is more rewarding actually.
I also just leveled 3 classes up to see how it works out in D4 and explored the majority (5 statues left). But still… we are 25. There is a more lot to discover in higher tiers. Its even written in the loading screen. Srsly… what do you all expect? A full game for beta and be entertained like in other fully released games which are goin on for some seasons? The dungeons can even be modified later on. Lets see how it ends up when its released.
This weekends are just for feedbacks, server stability etc and not a final conclusion on a finished game…

That’s the exact thing I was thinking, as the forums got more exciting then the game.

Yep, they really need to stop trying to make lost ark 2 and focus more on Diablo 4

The rest of us understand that the skill tree is split into 3rds. The skill tree, items/gear and the paragon board.

Plenty of other games out there where the power is all on the same tab.

Im the opposite. After leveling sorc/rogue/necro to 25, I leveled another sorc/rogue to near 25 :grinning:

Im prob going to quit season 28 this week(p2600), and I had taken 1-2 weeks off already. D4 is far more entertaining then D3.

1 Like

I think there are honest critiques to be had of the game but there is also a lot of absolute nonsense that people are complaining about so it is hard to take anything seriously. I’ve yet to play a game I thought was completely perfect (even Elden Ring I had some issues with) but as long as I am overall having fun I just don’t see the point of all the crying and gnashing of teeth over a game.

1 Like

Its done this since d2… possibly d1 also. Gear break on death is nothing new. If you didnt know then you never died in the other games i guess?

I honestly didnt check, but if it is like the other games the armor breaks when you die not when you release.

Yeah this has been brought up a lot. But this kind of (cant control their builds and skill) weeds itself out in higher difficulties where you have to be a certain level anyway.

What do you mean by scheduled and tailored?
And im pretty sure ive played a lot worse games. Anthem comes to mind instantly. Not to mention this was a beta.