This item cannot have Aspects imprinted on it

Hello.
I’ve been playing D4 and upgrading items, imprinting them just fine. But just now I’ve come across an error where I’m not able to imprint a Sacred 2H yellow item with the ‘Offensive Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind’ for my barbarian WW build… the error that I receive when i try to do so is ‘This item cannot have Aspects imprinted on it.

I’ve had no issues imprinting thusfar and this error just now. The item has no previous imprints on it but had a reroll/enchant on one of its substats, does this prevent imprinting? although it shouldn’t thought I’d mention.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The temporary solution is to have larger gold balance to the amount required for the imprint to avoid this error. For e.g., If an imprint costs 30k gold make sure you have 60-70k and it should go through. Being borderline at 50k balance will give you the error.

10 Likes

Offensive aspects can only be placed on weapons, amulets, and rings. Is this sacred item a weapon, amulet, or ring?

1 Like

yes as mentioned it is a 2H weapon. Sword.

2 Likes

If I remember right, you have to have a Sacred Aspect to imbue them in a Sacred item.

3 Likes

I’m running into the same problem with my 2H weapon, Blizz please fix this!

2 Likes

most probably it’s due to it not being a sacred aspect.

you need an aspect from a sacred legendary for a sacred rare for example.
if so , it’s not a bug

2 Likes

Nothing to fix. You can’t imprint a Legendary onto a Sacred or Ancestral.

1 Like

Having the same issue (only on one item). The same item also can not be linked in chat… (Imprinted it yesterday; today cant re-imprint. Might be by design)

1 Like

as far as i know ; once you imprint an item it get bounds and can no longer be traded or re-imprinted.

Seems not to be the case.
I was now successfully able to imprint the Aspect(non-sacred) onto the Sacred 2h Sword. I tried a couple of times didn’t work. someone said try in some time/relog… i ran a couple of dungeons came back, tried again and this time it imprinted on the first try.
This is a bug of it not imprinting the first attempt.

8 Likes

I’ve found the answer Maky, you need to have more gold in your inventory for some reason it doesn’t register when you don’t have (3-4x) the amount in your bag. Give this a try. it seemed to work for me!

17 Likes

That was the consensus in the betas, but not now. You can imprint normal affixes on sacred and ancestral gear. I’ve been doing it all weekend.

2 Likes

Ya, they seemed to have changed it. Good news, IMO.

4 Likes

why would you cant ? It’d be stupid.

So i get a perfect roll imprint and i cant use it on my Ancestral ? wtf why ?

Thanks god. It’d be stupid

4 Likes

This is completely wrong. Save normal aspects you find lvling with god rolls to imprint latter. Good short to the point overview of easy mistakes with aspect imprinting.

1 Like

It was this way in the end game beta from what people have said. It’s probably going to get fixed/nerfed.

I have had Sacred Items that I could imprint with regular legendary aspects but I also had a two hand sword that it would not let me. It also wouldn’t let me use an aspect from the Codex. I was eventually able to imprint it with a sacred aspect. Not sure what was going on with that.

If by fixed/nerfed you mean ruining it. I hope not. You should be able to imprint GG normal finds in GG ancestral gear. It’s just more options to attempt at that rare chance of BiS gear.

Yeterday i got a 100% shockwave roll. Saving it for Ancestral gear …

1 Like

Yes it’s a bug, apparently. Had the same thing happen to me. It did involve a normal aspect I was putting on a sacred. I know you used to not be able to do that, but supposedly they changed for launch. Maybe a bug related to that.

1 Like